No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think best thing for Sam (for this time) is resolving RS between S&J, after this nobody will not have question about this & problem with this, and everyone around happy

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RyantheGreat
      I doubt it would be a manhater they'd call her, but something else, and worse.

Ten bucks says Vala won't have that problem, because TPTB will make sure she doesn't...
      ROYAL BOOKIE!!!
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

At the risk of turning this into another ship thread (I'll stop in a minute, I swear), the (unhappy) thought had crossed my mind that episode 200 might contain various vignettes of "possible movie plots/scenarios" while the makers of the film consult with the SGC; wherein the SG-1 characters we know and love end up playing 'roles' in those various (fictional scenarios) born of the movie producer's script(s). Hence, we may end up with a Sam and Jack scene that isn't really a Sam and Jack at all, rather a movie!Sam/movie!Jack potential (unreal) scene, etc etc... so that the entire episode becomes a series of humor/innuendo/hollywood-ized "versions" of the upcoming movie X-Treme.

Ergo, Amanda's little spoiler tease could be taken quite literally. There really would be a two word, a three word and five word answer to the Sam/Jack ship question. It's one way I can think of that they can incorporate everything from "ship" to movies, to full-on marionettes with a one hour storyline. I'd hate it. But it'd be an easy reset, and would definitely be a well used, cliche method of making fun at one's self, whether overdone or not. Here's hoping I'm wrong ...
        Last edited by minigeek; 01 April 2006, 03:05 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          congratulations to Mandy!!!!!!

proud owner of pot 34000!!!!!!
          Pot? OMG! Please don't give her any pot! *he he he*

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            At the risk of turning this into another ship thread (I'll stop in a minute, I swear), the (unhappy) thought had crossed my mind that episode 200 might contain various vignettes of "possible movie plots/scenarios" while the makers of the film consult with the SGC; wherein the SG-1 characters we know and love end up playing 'roles' in those various (fictional scenarios) born of the movie producer's script(s). Hence, we may end up with a Sam and Jack scene that isn't really a Sam and Jack at all, rather a movie!Sam/movie!Jack potential (unreal) scene, etc etc... so that the entire episode becomes a series of humor/innuendo/hollywood-ized "versions" of the upcoming movie X-Treme.

Ergo, Amanda's little spoiler tease could be taken quite literally. There really would be a two word, a three word and five word answer to the Sam/Jack ship question. It's one way I can think of that they can incorporate everything from "ship" to movies, to full-on marionettes with a one hour storyline. I'd hate it. But it'd be an easy reset, and would definitely be a well used, cliche method of making fun at one's self, whether overdone or not. Here's hoping I'm wrong ...
            Oh, boy. That would be both completely in character for TPTB-Continuum, and right up their humor/having 'fun' playing with the fans, especially the shipper fans, alley, wouldn't it?

Why do I have the sinking feeling that you're going to need a "mini(the prescient)geek" sig after that ep airs?
            ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
              Oh, boy. That would be both completely in character for TPTB-Continuum, and right up their humor/having 'fun' playing with the fans, especially the shipper fans, alley, wouldn't it?

Why do I have the sinking feeling that you're going to need a "mini(the prescient)geek" sig after that ep airs?
              God I really hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm so so wrong.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

minigeek needs hugs

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RyantheGreat
                  I doubt it would be a manhater they'd call her, but something else, and worse.

Ten bucks says Vala won't have that problem, because TPTB will make sure she doesn't...
                  Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  ROYAL BOOKIE!!!
                  WHAT! What have told you people about betting
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                    Pot? OMG! Please don't give her any pot! *he he he*
                    Hey keep out of it
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I can give you a possible addendum that might make you feel better Mini.

Yes they may do that, but it could be on the back of them establishing that Sam & Jack have been together since the end of season 8, thereby implying the resolve happened off screen. So by doing the vinigette thing and havign an overblown resolve, we still get to see the hot kiss without screwing with the real Sam & Jack timeline

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        I think the leadership issue is an important concern for many fans. Even if Sam (and Daniel and Teal'c) had left the SGC, never to return, Cameron is not the sort of person I would want to see commanding a team on the frontlines for the defence of Earth.

It is not a passing whim by a few nay-sayers. Anybody I've spoken to about Season Nine agrees that Sam should be in command, whether or not they like Cameron himself.

Had TPTB posted a poll towards the end of Season Eight, asking whether people thought that Sam should be ousted from her role as leader of SG-1 in favour of a newcomer with less 'gate travel experience than Felger, what do you imagine the response would have been?

I can't say whether sexism was involved, or whether a Lt Colonel Cameron Mitchell played by Claudia Black would still be leader, but I would not rule it out.

TPTB could have successfully incorporated Cameron into SG-1 without making him leader and they could have coped with Amanda and Sam's absence without demoting her. They could also have corrected the situation later in the season.

They chose not to do so and I think that this was a mistake on their parts.
                        It is called having "their heads so far up their a$$es they cannot (do not want to) see the error(s) of their ways". IMO, it is also known as complete and total arrogance in that they think they are the end all and be all and they are always right and the fans are the dolts who don't know a good thing when they see it. Little do they realize that when it comes to these matters the fans are a lot smarter, a lot better at continuity, logic, plausibility, etc., in the realm that is Stargate SG1 (IMO that is partly because the fans are not tryng to write, roduce, direct 40 episodes - by doubling up what they have to do each season they are hurting the show overall because they are not putting the effort into it that it deserves. They are taking the quick and easy way out more often than not anymore and the quality be damn*d. IMO it is also that cooper is a horrible showrunner and if I had my druthers he'd be out so fast he wouldn't know what hit him.)

This mitchell issue, leadership as well as his overall attitude, IMO, is as much an issue as that dopey move with Anise and we see where THAT went - unfortunatley they have their shiny new "male" leader and they refuse to see that as a problem - wonder why? (snark). The ratings should indeed tell them something. The fact levine mentioned the not so stellar ratings in several of his last blog entries means they are discussing it in the writers/PTB room - you would think it would have an impact beyond their desperate move of bringing RDA back for more than "200".

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones
                          Thanks for the welcome And what you wrote is exactly what I see on other boards. Already, people are commenting on what AT said at the convention and she is being critiqued apart for it. I agree, AT is a strong lady to put up with this crap. I mean, they are actors, and they have to take some of it personally.

Over the past few years, Carter has been blamed for everything, from stealing the show from Daniel to demeaning a soldier. I've been in the Navy for 19 years, and I would follow Carter. She is a strong character and leader. I also want to dispell this "she can't be a leader because she's a scientist"...I never heard of that in the military. Almost all military personnel have secondary jobs. Anyway...that's another topic....lol.
                          Welcome to SAGC NCC and I really think they're just jealous. AT is a fabulous actress and if I may say, she's the best actor on the show IMHO.
                          I love RDA but Amanda just shines!

Comment

I'm hoping that something makes it into at least one of the 5 eps, even if it's so simple as seeing a wedding band strung on the chain with Sam's or Jack's tags. But, it's only hope, and not much of that. No expectations are involved.
                            ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

very nice chat! but bed calling

sigpic

Comment

Oh great Another AU comedy hour featuring S & J.. I want it shown to be real time, real life.

Comment

Working...
                                X