No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy and safe travels to all those off to Vancouver. Y'all have a great time now.

Comment

For ParadoxRealities, per request. Just hot-link:
      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
        To you all who are off to the Con, have fun and give Amanda all our love and i will look foreward to seeing and hearing all about it when you are back!

Yup, good luck and have lots of laughs. i too look forward to hearing the stories when u get back, u lucky, lucky people that are going

sig by starlover1990

Comment

daylight savings was created to make more daylight in the evening, so we get sunrise later and sunset later to enable folks to play outside longer

so the sun will rise later
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Daylight savings...*shakes head* Always screws me up. Safe travels to all of the con-goers -- you will all have a great time!

And Sky...love the new avatar!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
              Daylight savings...*shakes head* Always screws me up. Safe travels to all of the con-goers -- you will all have a great time!

And Sky...love the new avatar!
              Daylight savings? Is that this weekend? Crap, I hate time changes. Always takes my body forever to get used to it.

HAve fun and be safe, lucky con-goers.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                Daylight savings? Is that this weekend? Crap, I hate time changes. Always takes my body forever to get used to it.

HAve fun and be safe, lucky con-goers.

According to my calendar, Daylight Savings Time begins Apr 1-2.
                sigpic

Comment

bump

Comment

Bumping up to the first page!

I thought this might be a little bit of fun while we wait for all the goodies to come back from the Con.

We've seen Sam coming out of the Gym in one of the past episodes, what sport do you think Sam likes doing?
                    Does she like team sports or does she just work out in the Gym?
                    My choice for one of the sports she does is Squash, she has a meen right hand, remember that right hook she delt out in one of the first season episodes,The First Commandment was it.
                    Lol i loved her line in that after wards "Well that was refreshing!" she said.
                    ......TARA......

Comment

I thought this might be a little bit of fun while we wait for all the goodies to come back from the Con.

We've seen Sam coming out of the Gym in one of the past episodes, what sport do you think Sam likes doing?
                      My choice for one of the sports she does is Squash, she has a meen right hand, remember that right hook she delt out in one of the first season episodes,The First Commandment was it.
                      I've always thought of Sam as a runner. That she enjoys log jogs. Good way to think and clear your head. I'm sure she'd be a starter on the SGC Softball team. Now that would be fun!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                        I've always thought of Sam as a runner. That she enjoys log jogs. Good way to think and clear your head. I'm sure she'd be a starter on the SGC Softball team. Now that would be fun!
                        I can certainly see Jack (and a whole host of other SGC personnel ) "encouraging" Sam to be on the SGC Beach Volleyball team...

Maybe it's personnel predilection speaking but I can imagine Sam as a fencer. It's a fast, intricate, elegant sport that's both physically demanding (requiring both stamina and skill) and mentally challenging (requiring keen powers of observation, split second decision making, formulation of strategy on the fly, and, it is, the origin of the term 'feint' after all ), and that seems to me to be something that would be right up Sam's obsessive, adrenalin-junkie alley.

(and definitely epée or saber :big evil grin
                        ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

I see Sam practising a kick boxing type sport, so she can spar with Jack to see who comes out on top
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I don't know why, but as a teenager I can see her playing hockey. No, I don't mean ice hockey, I mean the normal kind.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                              Don't know about Sam, but I think you've hit on two of AT's favorite sports. Some of the interviews talked about her playing softball with the other Stargate actors and also her long-term goal of running in the NY marathon which, she laughingly shared, got nixed when she got preggers with Olivia! It sounded like she was glad that she had an excuse not to train as hard and postpone any immediate marathons. I know that she has a personal trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                                I can certainly see Jack (and a whole host of other SGC personnel ) "encouraging" Sam to be on the SGC Beach Volleyball team...

Maybe it's personnel predilection speaking but I can imagine Sam as a fencer. It's a fast, intricate, elegant sport that's both physically demanding (requiring both stamina and skill) and mentally challenging (requiring keen powers of observation, split second decision making, formulation of strategy on the fly, and, it is, the origin of the term 'feint' after all ), and that seems to me to be something that would be right up Sam's obsessive, adrenalin-junkie alley.

(and definitely epée or saber :big evil grin
                                Gosh, wouldn't that be a terrific scene - Carter in her fencing whites and it's a great fit for sure!

Kick boxing ain't bad either Mandy!

Comment

Working...
                                X