Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lys
    How is it that everyone wants me to switch gender for my birthday ? First Mandy, now you Spaz. Me very confused.

But thank you Spaz !
    Erm, me looks up, watches Spaz's dream team. Gasps ! Where's my favourite Kelownan ? Right, he's in the kitchen baking cake for me.
    Maybe Spaz used the same internet translator I did
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
      Sam/Thor forever!!! That photo would be incredible to see!
      NOOOOO! Don't ask for it, please! I'm gonna have nightmurrrs.....

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        Oops! My French is... rather pathetic...

and ya see, your fave Kelownan WAS baking a cake.

It all started when he got the bright idea to make a multi-layered cake for ya.

He read up on the subject and everything.

Nevertheless, when he fought with the kitchen... He lost.

And the Weather Channel was wrong (again) about the forecast that day.

And Teal'c ate all of the frosting. And tied Jonas up when he complained.

When Sam finally let him go, it was with a heavy heart that she told him you had already come and gone. Jonas was NOT a happy camper.

How is THAT, ma voix?
        That's way better with your French and send me all the team (all of them, don't forget one !) and I'll bake a cake for them. Even for Teal'c but he won't get the frosting. I know how to make them happy campers
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Well here's Jonas before Teal'c got to him
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hey, my auntie lives in Coquitlam!
            And my other auntie lives in Surrey.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Well here's Jonas before Teal'c got to him
              OT, but...

Jonas: You talkin' to me? Are YOU talkin' to me?

At this point of our harrowing story, Jonas, at the end of his rope, was about to go a bit nuts on Teal'c.

EDIT: At the Birthday Girl's request, here is every single member of SG-1...

Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 22 March 2006, 09:44 AM.

Comment

What, you mean like this:

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  Hey, my auntie lives in Coquitlam!
                  And my other auntie lives in Surrey.
                  Shhh, don't let the others know that we actually know where Coquitlam is
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Why ? Sam and Thor are so cute together.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                      Why ? Sam and Thor are so cute together.
                      Come on -- you can't deny that chemistry. Alien lovin'!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                        Come on -- you can't deny that chemistry. Alien lovin'!
                        Sadly Thor isn't great on the flirting. What's with the 'yellow ones' ? Everybody knows in the galaxy that Sam lives on blue jello.
                        Wait, Thor isn't from our galaxy ! Explains a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          So all you happy Samandans heading out to the convention this weekend, hope you have a blast and a half! Take lots of photos - and admit it, how many of you are signed up to have your photo taken with THOR?

If it were me, I'd gun to be in a photo with AT *and* Thor. Wonder if they're going to do those... lol

Seriously, have FUN guys! And play safe.
                          (raises her hand)I signed up for a photo with Thor.....and Amanda, of course. Now, if I could just get one of Amanda and Thor......naw, he'd never go for it!

On the more serious side, if anyone of you are already in Burnaby/Vancouver or live in Canada, do you know of a store where I could purchase protein drinks? I have to have at least one a day, and I'm going nuts trying to pack them. Thanx! Back to packing. (YUCK!)
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                            Sadly Thor isn't great on the flirting. What's with the 'yellow ones' ? Everybody knows in the galaxy that Sam lives on blue jello. Wait, Thor isn't from our galaxy ! Explains a lot.
                            Yeah, he might be a little shy, but we all know what he's thinking -- Sam's a cutie pie! And the "yellow ones"...definitely something going on with that.

And have a great time, Lida! Can't wait to hear the con stories and see the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                              Gentlebeings,

I’ve just had an idea, and me and my DVD’s are 20 miles apart at the moment.

Does anyone recall if it’s specified anywhere in canon that it was Jacob Carter who encouraged Sam in her plan to join the Air Force and become an astronaut? I’m taking the “I’ve gotten you onto the astronaut list!” conversation as a pretty present / guilt offering, not necessarily reflecting prior commitment to Sam’s goal on Jacob’s part.

I’m wondering if it was Mom Carter (by the Gods that woman needs a name ) that encouraged Sam in her ambitions, not Jacob, and that was one of the sources of the one-time rift between them.

(Yes, my naquadah powered Mark IX mental image generator is at it again. What if Mrs. Carter was the ‘military scientist’ backer in Sam’s family? What if she was also Mark’s - ? – (non-military ) backer. (I always see Mark Carter as a DA in San Diego, for some reason – DA, friend’s a cop, makes sense to me, but, then, that’s me. My mental image generator is also certain his wife’s a doctor. No explanation – go figure! ) And Jacob expected Mark to follow him into the military, and Sam to give him beautiful grandchildren. How would that have launched, or propelled, the Carter Wars after Mom Carter’s death? What did Selmak say to Jacob (and how often ) about his family situation that somehow succeeded in extracting Jacob’s cranium from his derriere on that subject? And how would it come back to haunt Sam after Jacob’s death, with Mark and Mrs. Mark and the Carterettes at the funeral…)

Any thoughts would be gratefully accepted...

Simha
                              (headdesking because she doesn't need another story idea)
                              you know, i don't think that there is a canon 'dad told me to do this' moment

i seem to recall sam joining the AF in preparation to getting into nasa. military folks tend to get ahead on the list of civilians, but they've never really talked about jacob and sam's past

my personal take is that sam took refuge in studies after her mom's death, perhaps to escape from jacob and mark's issues/discontent

and i also see sam having this 'i must please' attitude, which would steer her towards the AF because of jacob. Also, the AF is a dang good education, which probably had something else to do with it

i see her joining the AF to facilitate getting into nasa and to please dad
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                Sadly Thor isn't great on the flirting. What's with the 'yellow ones' ? Everybody knows in the galaxy that Sam lives on blue jello.
                                Wait, Thor isn't from our galaxy ! Explains a lot.
                                yellow and blue make green
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X