Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    I didn't think that at all, but I was certainly shocked by the amount of ship in it, because I generally don't expect too much ship when I read Sky's stuff. I like it that way cos I'm a bit shipped out at the moment. I'm enjoying my humourous team fics (and Sky, your recs were all amazing. Thank you very much)
    Unfortunately it sort of crossed that S/J threshold I have so I had to think of it as an AU to truly enjoy it. Whenever things get too shippy, AU is always there to make it all right. I think it went AU for me in her season 3 trinkets story, but I read every last one of them. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Unfortunately it sort of crossed that S/J threshold I have so I had to think of it as an AU to truly enjoy it. Whenever things get too shippy, AU is always there to make it all right. I think it went AU for me in her season 3 trinkets story, but I read every last one of them. LOL
      I think that did go a little AU, but I still loved it. I'm a hopeless shipper, well, not totally hopeless. *looks at sally* nope, still a little hope for me yet
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        how i see it...teal'c is the only one sam can be totall relaxed with.

jack is her boss. (ignoring the ship angle) and she always sees him as her boss. so she will always be on her guard around him, aware of propriety

with daniel? she's his boss. yes, they are scientists but she bosses daniel around

jonas, she's his superior, but i think she also sees him as a little brother

but with tealc? yeah, sure she's his boss, but we've allseen that he does what he wants. i think she can relax around teal'c. tell him that she has a headache, tell him that she can't sleep. etc.

i also think that he ws teh only one she could talk to about jolinar. obviously she wouldn't with Jack. Not how he hates the goa'uld. And it'd be cruel to talk to daniel after Shau'ri. and that topic won't even come up with jonas

But she can with Teal'c. Teal'c is likely who she asked to translate for her, or explain things

and i think that teal'c adores her. i think that he loves her, even if it's a platonic thing. She's his little sister.
        I agree with ya 100% on all that.

Jack > Sam > Daniel, Jonas, Teal'c =D
        sigpic
        Past | LJ | Last.FM | IG

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i have trouble with sam/teal'c. i think it's too much like beauty and the beast to really take it seriously. i could see sam 'sampling' teal'c out of curiousity (i would ), but i couldn't see sam (or me) being able to function in a relationship with him on a daily basis.

i'm first and foremost a sam/jack shipper, but i could see her with daniel after that. he's nice and good looking and really treats her with respect. teal'c is all that too, but he's also alien to her in about every other way (except that he has a humanoid body). i think sam would be very lonely if she was in a relay with teal'c (not physically, but mentally/spiritually). just my opinion/feelings.

sally
          See... I'm completely the opposite. Daniel to me would be like kissing my kid brother. Granted he's a very attractive kid brother, and I could admire that he's good looking, but more than that? *shiver* So not seeing it. Teal'c on the other hand, never gave me that brotherly vibe with Sam. A guardian perhaps or a confidant. I could see Teal'c being the person Sam confided in after her ordeal with Jolinar and especially after Daniel and Janet's death's. Even now in season nine, I'm starting to see a subtle closeness between Teal'c and Sam, and Teal'c is so absolutely yummy. I would so cuddle up to Teal'c if I were Sam, but then again I'd probably cuddle up to Jack as well. What can I say, I've always had a thing for older men and his silver hair is HoT!

Comment

To all Samandans going to the Vancouver con ... have a terrific time and take lots of piccies (as Coley would say). Give AT a big hug from all of us if you can and report all the news that's fit to print!
            HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVIA!!

I wrote a poem for her first birthday but I'll let Kamil share it with Amanda before I post it here.

Comment

yeah, well my s/t treatment involves staff weapons
              I'd rather avoid the staff weapons, but if you could point me toward some of your S/T friendship pieces, I'd love it.

I love your take on her friendship with Teal'c, and I think you're spot on. It's a relationship that I wish they had delved deeper into on the show. I thought Teal'c's response to finding out
              Spoiler:
              that Sam was alive in Ethon was magnificent. Way more meaningful, to me, than a hug would have been. It was like he had to touch her, had to look into her eyes to know she was really all right. It spoke such volumes to me about his feelings for her.

OT-but I can't remember who I was discussing parallels between SG1 and CSI with. This is another. On CSI most fans see Sara's closest friendship with Nick, but I think her relationship with Warrick is deeper and more meaningful. It's sort of the same here with Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c. (Sorry, but talking about CSI, once in a while, makes me happy. )

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                yup. i actually think that the jolinar incident was a very important point in their relationship. knowing how teal'c feels about the goa'uld, sam would most likely have had some fear as to how teal'c would see her and treat her following this. i think that this was probably a huge step forward in how they acted around each other, and that they each would have gained a much greater understanding of one another after this. i'd say they probably bonded a lot after it.

there was no guarantee that teal'c would differentiate between goa'uld and tok'ra. and i'd say even sam had some trouble reconciling the difference. i'd even go so far as to say that teal'c learned a lot from sam. i don't think they had many female warrior/scholars on chulak. and his complete acceptance of sam and respect for her is a great thing that i think really should have been explored more within the show, as should the development of their friendship after jolinar.
                I think Sam and Teal'c would also bond after Jolinar because Sam would suddenly know what it was like to be seen as a specimen. Sam now understands that, like Teal'c, she is as valuable dead as she is alive; and in many people's eyes, she is as much of an alien as Teal'c is especially now that he no longer carries a symbiote.

Comment

how i see it...teal'c is the only one sam can be totall relaxed with.

jack is her boss. (ignoring the ship angle) and she always sees him as her boss. so she will always be on her guard around him, aware of propriety

with daniel? she's his boss. yes, they are scientists but she bosses daniel around

jonas, she's his superior, but i think she also sees him as a little brother

but with tealc? yeah, sure she's his boss, but we've allseen that he does what he wants. i think she can relax around teal'c. tell him that she has a headache, tell him that she can't sleep. etc.

i also think that he ws teh only one she could talk to about jolinar. obviously she wouldn't with Jack. Not how he hates the goa'uld. And it'd be cruel to talk to daniel after Shau'ri. and that topic won't even come up with jonas

But she can with Teal'c. Teal'c is likely who she asked to translate for her, or explain things
                  I like the Sam/Teal'c friendship too, partially because it developed so gradually. I think that he was a bit wary of her at first - I remember him referring to her as 'Doctor Carter' in the earliest episodes, before he started using her military title, but then again, female Jaffa soldiers are few and far between.

Sam earned Teal’c respect and trust and he earned hers.

I liked the way they started to interact as fellow soldiers, teammates and as friends and the way that it always felt natural. It was never forced.

I can definitely see Teal'c being the one Sam would confide in after her experience with Jolinar, and I agree that Jack wouldn't have been the right person to talk to, or Daniel, especially given Jolinar's offer to tell him Sha're's whereabouts - I wonder if she really knew.

and i think that teal'c adores her. i think that he loves her, even if it's a platonic thing. She's his little sister.
                  I'd have loved to see Teal'c take an older brother's prerogative for a little "chat" with Pete.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

i think daniel called her doctor carter in the very early episodes too.

Comment

sam/teal'c friendship huh?

ashes to ashes
                      asirius situaion (this one is smut)
                      banish the past (more smut)
                      blame it on the primta (well not smut, but a definitel sam/teal'c angle, little humor)
                      bonds
                      burdens
                      chit chat (well, not totally sam/teal'c, how i'd see T handling Pete)
                      comfort measures
                      culmination (sam/teal'c smut)
                      depths of friendship (real, good frienship piece)
                      dreams, fantasies...(one love scene, the rest frienship)
                      jaffa faux pas - challenge fic
                      libidos and time loops (my first s/t smut)
                      little minds - sequel to fair play, sam and teal'c go shopping
                      loyalty's betrayal - stuck in a bad situation, sam asks teal'c for, well something she'd never think she'd have to
                      no small token - nice s/t friendship
                      perception - teh guys are captured...by teal'c????
                      prevail - sam and teal'c marooned
                      relaxing teal'c
                      right of everlasting union (both are teal'c fic, but has some good s/t moments)
                      threshold of forgiveness - threshold tag
                      understanding the enigma - their first mission as a team

yeah, i kinda like pairing them up
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        I'd have loved to see Teal'c take an older brother's prerogative for a little "chat" with Pete.
                        check out chit chat. T-man is in full big brother mode

sigpic

Comment

sam/teal'c friendship huh?

ashes to ashes
                          asirius situaion (this one is smut)
                          banish the past (more smut)
                          blame it on the primta (well not smut, but a definitel sam/teal'c angle, little humor)
                          bonds
                          burdens
                          chit chat (well, not totally sam/teal'c, how i'd see T handling Pete)
                          comfort measures
                          culmination (sam/teal'c smut)
                          depths of friendship (real, good frienship piece)
                          dreams, fantasies...(one love scene, the rest frienship)
                          jaffa faux pas - challenge fic
                          libidos and time loops (my first s/t smut)
                          little minds - sequel to fair play, sam and teal'c go shopping
                          loyalty's betrayal - stuck in a bad situation, sam asks teal'c for, well something she'd never think she'd have to
                          no small token - nice s/t friendship
                          perception - teh guys are captured...by teal'c????
                          prevail - sam and teal'c marooned
                          relaxing teal'c
                          right of everlasting union (both are teal'c fic, but has some good s/t moments)
                          threshold of forgiveness - threshold tag
                          understanding the enigma - their first mission as a team

yeah, i kinda like pairing them up

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            I think Sam and Teal'c would also bond after Jolinar because Sam would suddenly know what it was like to be seen as a specimen. Sam now understands that, like Teal'c, she is as valuable dead as she is alive; and in many people's eyes, she is as much of an alien as Teal'c is especially now that he no longer carries a symbiote.
                            i think that is another bond that they have. i also think that, in many cases, sam is the only one that can 'get to' teal'c. there are times wheni think that she'll be the only one who can ask him certain questions and he'll answer her instead of brushing her off like he would jack or daniel

sigpic

Comment

NC

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                                i think daniel called her doctor carter in the very early episodes too.
                                Actually I believe it was Captain Dr.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X