Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    gosh there are plenty of members lurking in incognito!!
    Eh, minigeek?????

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Eh, minigeek?????
      Who, me?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Who, me?
        Yep! You, with the cool sigs!

Comment

Okay guys - I've got the water gun souped up to max and I'm in standby position......Light the candles and stand well back. I'll give the old girl 1min to blow them out before I do!!

Is that you in the background with the two waterguns Coley ?

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Oh. I see.

/me wants to ask what sloes and cockneys are, but is afraid to ask
            LOL

Sloes are the fruit of the Blackthorn bush and are similar to damsons - but smaller and more bitter

Cockneys are East Enders (London) born within the sound of the bells of St Mary-le-Bow. These are the people who supposedly originate the rhyming slang. I put a post up a while ago full of rhyming slang just for CG who is an unashamed Anglophile

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

hehehehe

great manip!
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Oh. I see.

/me wants to ask what sloes and cockneys are, but is afraid to ask
                Cockneys are people who live in East London. They speak a special type of vernacular, where the words all rhyme, it's very complicated...

dog and bone = phone
                plates of meat = feet

and so on. It gets even more complicated, because they won't say "plates of meat", they just say "plates" and expect you to understand. They speak a lot of this sort of stuff on soaps like Eastenders in the UK.

Sloes are the berries from blackthorn hedges.

Old Hag Inn, huh? I didn't realise the Royal Bar had a name... or do you have another bar you frequent, Coley
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

I certainly hope I look more like that chick on the right rather than the muscle bound dude at the back.

Don't even think about it 1speed!!!

Comment

I certainly hope I look more like that chick on the right rather than the muscle bound dude at the back.

Don't even think about it 1speed!!!
                    Why worry about 1Speed, when I'm around? I'd say the dude at the front, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      Cockneys are people who live in East London. They speak a special type of vernacular, where the words all rhyme, it's very complicated...

dog and bone = phone
                      plates of meat = feet

and so on. It gets even more complicated, because they won't say "plates of meat", they just say "plates" and expect you to understand. They speak a lot of this sort of stuff on soaps like Eastenders in the UK.

Sloes are the berries from blackthorn hedges.

Old Hag Inn, huh? I didn't realise the Royal Bar had a name... or do you have another bar you frequent, Coley

Yeah

trouble = wife
                      boat = face
                      Barney = trouble

trouble and strife
                      boat race
                      Barney Rubble

I do the bean counting at the Old Hag.... with my trusty Abacus! Much more tactile than a calculator. It is important to keepthe senses stimulated at my age. Whilst at the Jester's age all sense has left. Apart from that of humour I hope - or I'm brown.....

(bread).....(dead)

Comment

Why worry about 1Speed, when I'm around? I'd say the dude at the front, personally.
                        mmmm that personality test thingy said I was O'Neill. So I should get worried then?!!

I watched Prometheus yesterday - I think it is a great ep. Sam is just brilliant in it - well gotta keep on topic. Followed by Unnatural Selection. This was a great team ep - just the sort of ep I want the writers to get back to.

Comment

Oh yes - build me up.....then knock me down!!!

Comment

Yeah

trouble = wife
                            boat = face
                            Barney = trouble

trouble and strife
                            boat race
                            Barney Rubble
                            Wow Coley and TJ. This stuff is hardcore. How does one learn it?

Comment

Wow Coley and TJ. This stuff is hardcore. How does one learn it?
                              Well, I've never learnt it, really. But I lived with 27 Londoners and 3 Welsh in my first year at uni, so I picked up a few things. Here's a website dedicated to rhyming slang.

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/

Comment

mmmm that personality test thingy said I was O'Neill. So I should get worried then?!!

I watched Prometheus yesterday - I think it is a great ep. Sam is just brilliant in it - well gotta keep on topic. Followed by Unnatural Selection. This was a great team ep - just the sort of ep I want the writers to get back to.
                                Me scratches my head 2010 and 2001 prove that O'Neill and accountants don't mix well. Should I be worried of personality disorder for you my dear RA ?

Speaking of Unnatural Selection, I've always wondered which memories the Replicators used against the other. I mean, we, as usual, saw Jack and Charlie, but what about Sam, Teal'c and Jonas ?
                                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X