Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
    Stupid question alert ... Sam
    Spoiler:
    goes EVA. What is EVA??


    Now that last part sounds pretty good the rest of it sounds ... blah
    Extra Vehicular Activity (see, caps again)
    Where in the World is George Hammond?


    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by Skydiver
      yeah, it was a bit of a joke. l ike i said, the story was crap. not only was i ignorig monty python jokes, i was also trying to refrain from jokes dealing with 'hanging' 'swords' 'size' and other such things

      sam and teal'c's bit adn then sam on the odyssey made it. oh and waht oooooober said, the sword in the stone bit was refreshing. the rest????

      bleh. very anticlimactic and ratehr simple.

      know how crusade was nothing more than setup for this? well this is nothing more than setup for s10
      That and the look on Sam's face when Teal'c growls at Mitchell's overconfidence and her expressions at the end when she is...erm...where she is, doing...uh...what she's doing (I've already posted about that Sam!Coolness).


      ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

      Comment


        Originally posted by NearlyCircular
        Things I liked about Camelot:
        Spoiler:
        Sam at the supergate, Teal’c and Sam’s reactions to Cam’s overconfidence, the fact that it was a girl who pulled the sword from the stone, even though I saw that coming, Sam’s interactions with Kvasir, Sam at the supergate, no grandma comments, Sam at the supergate.

        If you like space battles, you'll like the ending of this one.



        I won’t say anymore, since I try to stay positive if I can.

        NC
        Spoiler:
        Sam at the Supergate is at the end? So basically just watch the end of the episode?

        I predicted that Mitchell was thought to be lost/dead at the end of the episode to give a cliffhanger in hopes of making fans care more about his character ... did this happen?

        Comment


          Spoiler:

          it's a space battle, things are blowing up all over the place. everyone is in jeopardy of one way or another
          Where in the World is George Hammond?


          sigpic

          Comment


            Well, I'm chatting to one or two of the Weir fans who reckon that Camelot was tonnes better than Allies and was an "OMG how fantastic" episode. Standards must be low in camp, if what Ooober is saying is true.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

            Comment


              how much was sam in this ep?

              5 mins?

              10?

              over half?



              sally
              sally

              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by Skydiver
                Spoiler:

                it's a space battle, things are blowing up all over the place. everyone is in jeopardy of one way or another
                What I did like about it was seeing Sam so helpless. Her expressions...seeing what she's seeing and knowing she can't do anything.

                Sam doesn't do helpless very well.
                Spoiler:
                She IS right next to the control panel as it were, maybe she'll Carter!Rig something on the gate to shut it down or cause it to work against the Ori. Problem is, with Vala on one of the ships, I don't want that ship destroyed until she's off of it safely.

                ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Skydiver
                  Spoiler:

                  it's a space battle, things are blowing up all over the place. everyone is in jeopardy of one way or another
                  Spoiler:
                  well if Sam is out in a space suite watching the battle going on around her .... I'm a bit concerned. Was she fixing the Supergate? Why wasn't she in one of those ships fighting? I'm guessing there were x303 (or whichever series we are on in the two man space ship.

                  Comment


                    Spoiler:
                    At the end, Sam is stuck at the supergate, where she was attempting to dial out before the Ori could dial in, so she's watching the battle in her space suit, Teal'c is on board a ship with the Lucian Alliance which he enlisted to help out, Daniel and Cam are on board the new Russian ship, although Cam is on his way to a fighter ship to divert the Ori's attention. So yeah, as Sky said, everyone is at risk, and we don't know who will survive. Riiiight. My biggest oh no! of the night was the very last scene, which is Vala standing on one of the Ori ships watching the battle, when she apparently feels the baby move or maybe she's going into labor. To me, using that as the final shot of the season was another indication from TPTB that Vala is the most important thing on their minds right now.


                    NC

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                      Spoiler:
                      well if Sam is out in a space suite watching the battle going on around her .... I'm a bit concerned. Was she fixing the Supergate? Why wasn't she in one of those ships fighting? I'm guessing there were x303 (or whichever series we are on in the two man space ship.
                      Spoiler:
                      I think it's F-303 X is the prototype designation.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                        Spoiler:
                        well if Sam is out in a space suite watching the battle going on around her .... I'm a bit concerned. Was she fixing the Supergate? Why wasn't she in one of those ships fighting? I'm guessing there were x303 (or whichever series we are on in the two man space ship.
                        Spoiler:
                        Kvasir beamed Sam to the control panel of the supergate where she was to take out the existing control crystal and install one of their own, giving them a chance to establish an outgoing wormhole that would never close, thereby blocking the gate permanently.

                        Sam was able to put the new crystal in but before it engaged, the gate activated with an incoming wormhole. Her magnetic shoes detached from the gate and she was left floating next to it as the massive kawoosh engaged. As she's too close to the gate, the Odyssey can't get a lock on her. She is effectively trapped out there, especially if all the ships are destroyed.

                        ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Spoiler:
                          I think it's F-303 X is the prototype designation.

                          THanks! I can't keep up with the renaming...

                          Here is another question ... I know I'm annoying tonight...
                          Spoiler:
                          if the Asgard has a ship there ... did THor make an appearance?? I miss THor! I miss a lot of things, but we won't get into that

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            Spoiler:
                            Kvasir beamed Sam to the control panel of the supergate where she was to take out the existing control crystal and install one of their own, giving them a chance to establish an outgoing wormhole that would never close, thereby blocking the gate permanently.

                            Sam was able to put the new crystal in but before it engaged, the gate activated with an incoming wormhole. Her magnetic shoes detached from the gate and she was left floating next to it as the massive kawoosh engaged. As she's too close to the gate, the Odyssey can't get a lock on her. She is effectively trapped out there, especially if all the ships are destroyed.
                            Wow now see that scene sounds dramatic! I kinda miss that this season. My mind is running through all the different scenarios
                            Spoiler:
                            of how Sam is going to get out of this one ...

                            Comment


                              anyone come up with the other show that sam's situation is homaging? and what real life situation that homage is based on?
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?


                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Skydiver
                                anyone come up with the other show that sam's situation is homaging? and what real life situation that homage is based on?
                                Well there is a scene in Farscape
                                Spoiler:
                                where John and D'Argo are stuck floating in space...if I remember correctly, they're seeing a battle going on...maybe that?

                                Or maybe BSG when Lee
                                Spoiler:
                                was floating about watching the attack on the Resurrection ship...


                                ON EDIT: Whoops I guess I should spoiler out...
                                Last edited by Uber; 10 March 2006, 07:17 PM.

                                ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X