Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    But storyline-wise, it would have made sense for Sam to have spent more time with the girl. I mean who else would understand what it's like to feel that other personality burgeoning in her mind?
    D'OH! I fell victim to the producers' attempts to make us all forget that Sam had been blended! Curses! Seriously, I never made that connection before. boy do i feel silly

And I did like the Sam/Barrett interactions. Poor guy.
    Hey! Waaaatch it.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
      D'OH! I fell victim to the producers' attempts to make us all forget that Sam had been blended! Curses! Seriously, I never made that connection before. boy do i feel silly
      Sam was blended???

Wow. That might have made for a neat character development story for her for the past several years...wouldn't it???

Dang...I strained my snark!muscle on that one pretty badly.
      Originally posted by DEM
      Hey! Waaaatch it.
      Hey...Barrett's cool...but I'm a JamSmacker all the way.

P.S. JamSmacker is my little way of openly mocking a trend in fandom of blending names of pairings. Thus, Jack and Sam...Jam. Sam and Jack..Smack. ERGO, JamSmacker.

Well, I think it's funny.

Last edited by Uber; 09 March 2006, 02:41 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Sam was blended???

Wow. That might have made for a neat character development story for her for the past several years...wouldn't it??? (dang...I just strained my snark!muscle again on that one)Hey...Barrett's cool...but I'm a JamSmacker all the way.

P.S. JamSmacker is my little way of openly mocking a trend in fandom of blending names of pairings. Thus, Jack and Sam...Jam. Sam and Jack..Smack. ERGO, JamSmacker.

Well, I think it's funny.

There, there Oooober *pats ooober on head* I'm sure we all find it funny too
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          There, there Oooober *pats ooober on head* I'm sure we all find it funny too
          I'm getting the distinct impression that you're being less than sincere with that bit of comfort there.

Maybe it's just me though.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Whoa! I just had one of those pesky perceptual bias attacks!* Did your msg originally say "JamSmacker"? Cuz I could have sworn I read SamJacker.

... or maybe I just faded away for a moment there.

* psych humour!

Comment

I'm getting the distinct impression that you're being less than sincere with that bit of comfort there.

Maybe it's just me though.

Would the RFA be insincere and stir up some sh*, um? *cough, cough* nevermind
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                it is a martial arts magazine. I will try and thumb through it tomorrow in lunchtime!!
                Impact (the interview with amanda) is a martial arts magazine? *with* amanda?

suddenly starts seeing 'everybody was kung fu fighting. la la la la laa laa la la la. amanda was fast as lightening'

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  Impact (the interview with amanda) is a martial arts magazine? *with* amanda?

suddenly starts seeing 'everybody was kung fu fighting. la la la la laa laa la la la. amanda was fast as lightening'

sally
                  Damn now you got me humming that awful tune in my head and I won't be able to get rid of it
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Sam was blended???

Wow. That might have made for a neat character development story for her for the past several years...wouldn't it???
                    as much as i loved the jolinar thang , i would have loved if they'd went somewhere with the 'other' symbiote sam took in s6's 'nightwalkers'.

second symbiote, and this one 'was' evil. and the second symbiote to be absorbed into her system. yes, others from the town had that happen to them, but they aren't like sam that's now had 2 absorb into her and... would that make things harder for sam, physically, neurologically, psychologically?

even at this late date, i still think they could go somewhere with the 'nightwalkers' symbiote storyline. like, years later, it's just *now* causing her probs.

it sure would be nice to see *something* go somewhere, especially when rob cooper (showgodhelpusrunner) says they don't know what to write for sam anymore.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Is this the magazine everyone is asking about? The link is not to the AT Article but to the Magazine. Thanks to morjana at the Amanda Tapping Club for providing the info. When someone does finally get a chance to read it can you tell us about the article. THanks!!

From IMPACT - The Action Entertainment Magazine:

http://www.martialartsltd.co.uk/impact/latest_issue.htm

(Impact is a UK based scifi magazine. In the US, you may order online
                      from the URL above. Or, for North American Subscriptions:
                      Wise Owl Worldwide Publications
                      5674 El Camino Real,
                      Suite D Carlsbad,
                      CA 92008-7130

Tel: (760) 603-9768
                      Fax: (760) 603-9769
                      E-mail: [email protected]

Or, check with your local Borders or Barnes and Noble Bookstores for
                      the magazine. Allow time for the magazine to be shipped across the
                      pond.)

In The March Issue On Sale 23rd February:

Cult TV Interview: Amanda Tapping
                      John Mosby talks to the SG-1 star about the last year of monsters,
                      missions and motherhood.
                      Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 09 March 2006, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Just jumping in here to say that Barrett, as a character, is still covered in his Smoke and Mirrors taint. I believe I've waxed lyrical about said episode before, so I'll leave it at that. And as far as Resurrection goes, well, I've never been able to completely get over how they just erased Jack's name from the script and inserted his. They didn't even bother with changing the lines to match Barrett's personality.

Barrett....personality...get it? No? Well, I thought it was funny.

Edit to add: I'm fully aware that these sentiments are founded in my (somewhat) irrational annoyance with the Smoke and Mirrors script. I realize that my problem isn't with Barrett, but with Mallozzi and Mullie and the work they put out from time to time. Nonetheless, Smoke and Mirrors is Barrett's seminal episode, the one that makes him worthwhile. Or in my case, not worthwhile. For all I care, he can keep crusading agaist the melanoma? lymphoma? at the NID, go fondle guns in "the warehouse" with Leo (take that however you like) or practice disarming bombs usually reserved Wile E. Coyote. Putz.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                          Just jumping in here to say that Barrett, as a character, is still covered in his Smoke and Mirrors taint. I believe I've waxed lyrical about said episode before, so I'll leave it at that. And as far as Resurrection goes, well, I've never been able to completely get over how they just erased Jack's name from the script and inserted his. They didn't even bother with changing the lines to match Barrett's personality.

Edit to add: I'm fully aware that these sentiments are founded in my (somewhat) irrational annoyance with the Smoke and Mirrors script. I realize that my problem isn't with Barrett, but with Mallozzi and Mullie and the work they put out from time to time. Nonetheless, Smoke and Mirrors is Barrett's seminal episode, the one that makes him worthwhile. Or in my case, not worthwhile. For all I care, he can keep crusading agaist the melanoma? lymphoma? at the NID, go fondle guns in "the warehouse" with Leo (take that however you like) or practice disarming bombs usually reserved Wile E. Coyote. Putz.
                          when was the last time we had a new character that wasn't bogged down with plotholitis? that would probably be before the new writing administration took over years ago

my thoughts/feelings on barrett? boring. he's boring, i'm bored

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy

But tell us how you really feel
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

its weird that we're (were) on the topic of questions we'd love to ask amanda tapping, and also on the topic of her episode "resurrection", because i had a thought the other night about one i'd love to ask her in relation to this episode.

generally speaking, actors don't go into the cutting room. its just not done. causes unneccessary complications. so i was curious (considering that we've heard she doesn't really like to watch herself on tv) how she dealt with that when in the editing process of the episode that she directed (brilliantly).

thats what i would ask her. although, i'd probably try to phrase it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                But tell us how you really feel
                                Heh, heh. Yeah, I just can't seem to resist any opportunity to rag on this episode. It's a completely irrational thing on my part, too, as I thought that CJ and AT were great in it. And the Jack/Kinsey stuff was classic.

But there's no assuaging my dismay at the cliched, stereotypically evil junta, just sitting around a table in a darkened room plotting the destruction of their enemies and their takeover of the nation, nay, not just the nation, but the entire world Mwahahahah......see, there I go again. I'll stop now. Really.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Comment

Working...
                                X