• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    URGENT MEMO

DATE: March 1, 2006
    TO: Jester
    RE: Erroneous Listing of Royal Title

It has come to my attention that I am still being referred to as The Royal Photographer by some.

However, my title changed a few months ago by virtue of a motion made and seconded. The Vice President authorized said change to take place.

I therefore request that all future correspondence and listings refer to me by my correct royal title...Royal Videographer.

Or Royal Pain in the Mik'ta.

I respond to either title as appropriate.

I also note the lack of the UMLAUT when referring to my moniker. Please either correct with the appropriate character "Ü" or use the casual capital "O" followed by several lower case "o's" [must be more than 2 "o's" though] as indicated below.

I shall allow these egregious errors pass this ONCE but a second offense will give me no other recourse than to contact the Samandan Police for disciplinary action.

Thank you kindly,
    Mary Beth House
    OooooooooooooooooooberSG-1Fan
    Royal Videographer/PitM

My Dearest Colleague

You are certainly living up to your royal title!

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
      I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. I really really liked New Order for many reasons, and the Sam/Teal'c interaction was great.

The only good Teal'c/Sam moment in season 9 so far I think is in Ethon, through looks.

This season we really are missing those really good moments between Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c, and IMO it is hurting the show. It is interesting to see how many positive comments there are just about the simple yet sweet interaction between Sam and Daniel (and Sam and Mitchell too) in Arthur's Mantle. I hope if indeed Brad Wright is having more say again over SG-1, he will bring this type of magic back to SG-1 in season 10.
      Yeah, but it was such a touching moment. Sigh, we really need more Sam/Teal'c! In fact, we just plain need more of TB3!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        My Dearest Colleague

You are certainly living up to your royal title!

Jester
        Hey...it's what I do.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey...it's what I do.

And you do it sooooooooooo well.

Happy 3100!!

Comment

Oh, I'd love to see the Royal Pain In The Mik'ta and the Royal Sh*t Stirrer join forces one day! Imagine the trouble.

Thanks for adding me to the list, although I'm trying to think of a Samfic I have out there. Most of mine are very shippy, ooohhh.... The Rip Effect, of course. D'uh! And the one I'm working on at the moment.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Yeah, but it was such a touching moment. Sigh, we really need more Sam/Teal'c! In fact, we just plain need more of TB3!
              We need more of the Big3. Without question. They're why the show's been around so long and the lack of them is the reason some episodes fail when they didn't need to.

I rewatched Grace tonight and was struck yet again by how brilliant Amanda really is. Her mannerisms in how she brought out what Sam was feeling. Her irritation. Her sweetness with Grace. Her smarts. Her pain, both emotional and physical.

I also think I figured out who Grace is. I never subscribed to the notion that Grace was the cloud, or Sam and Jack's future child or whatever. My instinct as of tonight was that,
              Spoiler:
              just like in Grace Under Pressure where Sam was the manifestation of McKay's subconscious wisdom,
              I think that Grace was the manifestation of Sam's less sophisticated side, meaning the part of her that looks at things and sees them at their simplest and most innocent. Grace provided a tiny spark, like from the poem she recited, that helped Sam's mind formulate a new strategy.

She needed that part of her to communicate that she was going about her rescue the wrong way and her mind knew the answer was in there somewhere...but was in such a foggy haze from the concussion and her frustration at not being able to fix this, the solution just wouldn't come to the surface. So Grace was there...that part of her mind that looked at things a little differently, allowing her to consider alternate possibilities.

What do you think? Am I close?
              Last edited by Uber; 01 March 2006, 04:35 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                thanks for the info, Dani76!!

So it looks like Amanda won for Best TV Actress, and then third for Sexiest Actress. Note that Johnny Depp won for best Film Actor.

Cool.
                That's really funny 'cause AT was gushing over Johnny Depp at GABIT!

Comment

... I also think I figured out who Grace is. I never subscribed to the notion that Grace was the cloud, or Sam and Jack's future child or whatever. My instinct as of tonight was that,
                  Spoiler:
                  just like in Grace Under Pressure where Sam was the manifestation of McKay's subconscious wisdom,
                  I think that Grace was the manifestation of Sam's less sophisticated side, meaning the part of her that looks at things and sees them at their simplest and most innocent. She provided a tiny spark, like from the poem Grace recited, that helped her mind formulate a new strategy.

She needed that part of her to communicate that she was going about her rescue the wrong way and her mind knew the answer was in there somewhere...but was in such a foggy haze from the concussion and her frustration at not being able to fix this, the solution just wouldn't come to the surface. So Grace was there...that part of her mind that looked at things a little differently, allowing her to consider alternate possibilities.

What do you think? Am I close?
                  Yep, I can buy into your theory. Remember at the beginning when Grace said "play with me" and I loved when she was blowing bubbles the first time and Sam launches into the whole elaborate scientific theory and Grace shuts her up and hands her the wand. So it could be Sam, the adult, talking to Sam, the inner child, who remains pure and simple and sees into the core of things.

I never did buy the cloud as sentient and the love child either. Not bad, for a pain in the mik'ta.

Comment

Everyone seems to gush over Johnny Depp Torri's always talking about how she wants him on Atlantis. I'm very confused. Why have Depp when you can have Rothery back?
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      oober, there's debating, and then there's trying to talk to an idiot.

sally
                      Logic is not usually in evidence on the opposing side...

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        Good day to everyone! Just stopped in to thank everyone for being so wonderful, and to state, on the record, this thread has the best people on GW! I can't wait until GABIT2.....a lot of you better be there, because I really want to meet you in person. You all have a way of making sense of the nonsensical, making light of bad situations, and just reading your posts puts a smile on my face, and trust me, I haven't been smiling much lately.

So once again, a great big Thank you!!!!!
                        *hands Lida some smiles* (they were my smiles at seeing you here again)

And just for good measure you can have a grin or two as well

Good to see you in Samanda again. I'm glad this place makes you smile.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Oh, I'd love to see the Royal Pain In The Mik'ta and the Royal Sh*t Stirrer join forces one day! Imagine the trouble.

Thanks for adding me to the list, although I'm trying to think of a Samfic I have out there. Most of mine are very shippy, ooohhh.... The Rip Effect, of course. D'uh! And the one I'm working on at the moment.
                          Was I being summoned?
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yea, I always thought Grace was Sam's inner child too, the cloud thing was just too out there.

As for Johnny Depp, never did anything for me. At one time I was stuck between Mel Gibson and Patrick Swayze ( or I wished I was stuck between them )
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i alwayss thought that grace was...that little part of sam that wants to slap jackc when he's being a smart ass. or the part that wants to play hookey, or to skip down the halls, or paint her fingernails blue...her inner rebel that wants to have fun but is always overridden by her responsibility adn duty
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Me too, along with that sense of pure wonder at the marvels of the universe. Let's face it, Sam gets to play with some pretty astonishing toys. I think Grace was the part of Sam that remains mystified and caught in the magic of the universe, the part that doesn't know and doesn't want to know "how it is" just knows that it is. Maybe the embodiment of her spiritual side?

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                i alwayss thought that grace was...that little part of sam that wants to slap jackc when he's being a smart ass. or the part that wants to play hookey, or to skip down the halls, or paint her fingernails blue...her inner rebel that wants to have fun but is always overridden by her responsibility adn duty
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X