Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc
    Oh, gee, sally, good point. If you don't watch Atlantis then yes, it would be a waste for Sam to crossover. I like Atlantis okay, to be honest, but I'm not wild about it. If I miss episodes, I don't really care, so I guess I'm not that invested in it. In this way, it is very different that SG-1 for me. I really liked the characters right away in SG-1, but that is not so in the case of Atlantis. However, in some episodes, Atlantis conveys more a of team feel than SG-1 in season 9.

If Sam crossed over just a bit to Atlantis (like in two or three part arc), I would like Atlantis alot better. I think she could really add to the show and give these characters someone interesting to interact with. But that's me.

I still want her on SG-1, LEADING SG-1, but because the crossover seems likely, I figure it has some potential. But, yeah, it is a waste of Sam's time if you don't watch the show, and I'm sure there are a number of SG-1 fans who don't watch Atlantis.
    well, it won't be a *total* waste (amanda and sam will be there, so that's GOOD. ), but it'll just be hard to follow and get into.

i'll cross that bridge when 'they' are pushing me over the cliff and i *have* to watch/cross over.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      So, spoiler pics for Crusade are available on GW now.

Um.

Yeah.
      and so it begins......

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

So, spoiler pics for Crusade are available on GW now.

Um.

Yeah.
        Remind me again who the main characters are on this show?

No, seriously. Have we ever seen a crop of publicity photos that skewed?

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
          I don't think TPTB expect AT and CJ to want to continue on SG-1 beyond season 10.
          scarimor

Comment

I wouldnt be so worried about those spoiler pics. The episode is about Vala, so of course the spoiler pics are going to be focused on Vala. Also they only tend to get spoiler pics from a few scenes - remember 4th horseman? They had lots of photos of the whole 'taunt the prior' thing but only a few of the other scenes, and the taunt the prior scene wasn't the sole focus of the ep.

Comment

Made from corn flower that looks like it has nail polish on!!! By gods I think you're on to something there

Originally posted by Skydiver
              them giant evil cupcakes are priceless!!

we need a crack fic. sg-1 sent on a mission to save earth from a giant cupcake careening towards it from outer space

or better yet, the lucian allance has infiltrated earth and is spreading around addictive cup cakes. can sg-1 stop them before all of earth falls into a deadly sugar coma????
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not really concerned about those spoiler pics either. Mainly because my computer died last night which is a far more pressing issue

Of course that absolutely necessitated an upgrade of a few key parts [innocent whistle]

Back on topic... I can't wait
                Spoiler:
                for the scene martin wood mentioned and the events leading to it. Carter EVA next to the giant Ori gate in space... that's a screencap waiting to happen!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                  I'm not really concerned about those spoiler pics either. Mainly because my computer died last night which is a far more pressing issue

Of course that absolutely necessitated an upgrade of a few key parts [innocent whistle]

Hehe, I'm need of an upgrade too My current rig is struggling with the latest games Thinking of going an AMD X2 dual core cpu and an SLI capable mobo. Gonna hold off a little bit though to see what effect the new nVidia 7900's will do to the market.

Back on topic... I can't wait
                  Spoiler:

for the scene martin wood mentioned and the events leading to it. Carter EVA next to the giant Ori gate in space... that's a screencap waiting to happen!
                  Spoiler:
                  Hmm, the S9 finale is a cliffhanger right? I wonder if they're going to have Carter in jeopardy for the cliffhanger? Possibly something to do with that very scene? :O

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                    I completely agree. And you know, the ratings were very good in the second half of season 7, and really good throughout season 8. (I think the only thing that TPTB and Scifi will listen to is the ratings--not the fans).

In my very biased view, they need more Sam again in season 10 (a well written Sam of course) to boost the ratings!!
                    I'm not sure if it's actually Sam that is required to boost the ratings, but I definitely think the episodes need more of a team feel and closeness between the 'the big three'. I understand it will take time for the team and the fans to care for Mitchell the way we cared for Jack, but does that mean that the three other members of the team have to stop caring for one another in the meantime? Browder's the new male lead, we get that, but there are still three wonderful actors on the show. Every moment of every scene doesn't have to revolve around Mitchell. Send him off on a donut run or to get a pizza, I don't care, but give me a few moments to actually see closeness between Sam, Teal'c and Daniel again.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      I wouldnt be so worried about those spoiler pics. The episode is about Vala, so of course the spoiler pics are going to be focused on Vala. Also they only tend to get spoiler pics from a few scenes - remember 4th horseman? They had lots of photos of the whole 'taunt the prior' thing but only a few of the other scenes, and the taunt the prior scene wasn't the sole focus of the ep.
                      I'm just worried that this is going to turn into Avalon II, or Origin - aka, "I'm watching 42 minutes of this dreck in another galaxy, peopled by characters I'll never see again, and some I don't want to see again, while the PTB Continuum deploys the naquadria exposition bomb, just so I can see the characters I am interested in for 3 minutes - there's something inequitable in that math." Or that it'll turn into the 4 Horsemen - the Sam-Heavy ep that actually included very little Sam, but still managed to make what Sam there was into "other people's insulting, prurient revisions of Sam's history" and "Sam is now the official babysitter of the Stargate Program."

In other words, if we get twenty seconds of spatial Sam coolness, and 40 minutes of that tedious soap opera "The Trials, Tribulations, and Renn Faire Fashions of Vala Mal Duran In The Other Galaxy," I shall be most displeased (not to mention bored enough to puke).
                      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        *snip*

ps - yes, i ripped off the movie 'the abyss'

ROFL, the entire time I was reading your post I kept thinking, "Wow, this sounds a lot like the movie Abyss. It made me chuckle when I saw your PS."

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Hehe, I'm need of an upgrade too My current rig is struggling with the latest games Thinking of going an AMD X2 dual core cpu and an SLI capable mobo. Gonna hold off a little bit though to see what effect the new nVidia 7900's will do to the market.

Spoiler:
                          Hmm, the S9 finale is a cliffhanger right? I wonder if they're going to have Carter in jeopardy for the cliffhanger? Possibly something to do with that very scene? :O
                          Spoiler for Camelot
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm not sure about Sam, but I'm pretty sure there is a cliffhanger regarding Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                            I'm just worried that this is going to turn into Avalon II, or Origin - aka, "I'm watching 42 minutes of this dreck in another galaxy, peopled by characters I'll never see again, and some I don't want to see again, while the PTB Continuum deploys the naquadria exposition bomb, just so I can see the characters I am interested in for 3 minutes - there's something inequitable in that math." Or that it'll turn into the 4 Horsemen - the Sam-Heavy ep that actually included very little Sam, but still managed to make what Sam there was into "other people's insulting, prurient revisions of Sam's history" and "Sam is now the official babysitter of the Stargate Program."

In other words, if we get twenty seconds of spatial Sam coolness, and 40 minutes of that tedious soap opera "The Trials, Tribulations, and Renn Faire Fashions of Vala Mal Duran In The Other Galaxy," I shall be most displeased (not to mention bored enough to puke).
                            Yeah I see where you're coming from. I just tend to have a more optimistic look on things

Comment

I share your tendancy to zone.

Which could explain why we have a problem caring about evil ascended beings aka the basic theme of seasons 9 and 10.
                              yep. that's another reason i've never been a fan of the ori and ancients.

ominiscent glowing aliens is a massive cliche and i find them frustrating to no end
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Spoiler for Camelot
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm not sure about Sam, but I'm pretty sure there is a cliffhanger regarding Mitchell.
                                of course it does. he's the STAR!!!!

don't you remember that?????

the show MUST revolve around him
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X