Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    i do think that them suddenly carrying pistols instead of zats is just like OTG spoilers
    Spoiler:
    oh look now we have transponders so they can beam us up all the time and 'oh look, we destroyed the promie for dramatic purposed but wait, we'll jsut invent another ship'...and in scourge having the atmosphere interfere with beaming so that they'd have to send the signal


    rampant use of the convenient plot device....ie: sloppy writing and the lack of time/willingness to come up with a more plausible explanation for things that happen'
    Where in the World is George Hammond?


    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by Skydiver
      i do think that them suddenly carrying pistols instead of zats is just like OTG spoilers
      Spoiler:
      oh look now we have transponders so they can beam us up all the time and 'oh look, we destroyed the promie for dramatic purposed but wait, we'll jsut invent another ship'...and in scourge having the atmosphere interfere with beaming so that they'd have to send the signal


      rampant use of the convenient plot device....ie: sloppy writing and the lack of time/willingness to come up with a more plausible explanation for things that happen'
      Actually, for me that's just like Ripple Effect.

      Spoiler:

      If Entropic Cascade Failure happens because a reality can't cope with multiple versions of one person in that reality, surely realities that are further away would have less effect, than those closer together, thereby making it seem more like multiple versions of the same.

      I spent hours in a fic once trying to explain away ECF, trying to come up with a solution. I eventually decided that Jennifer Hailey had spend time at Area 51 aiding research into a "vaccine" a device that temporarily masks your DNA, fooling the reality into thinking that there is only one of you.

      Then the writers use a total cop out that doesn't even make sense!!!



      Here endeth the rant.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

      Comment


        I know this isn't completely topical, however the lovely and talented Myrth has made me two new kick-arse Sam sigs and I'm so excited, I'm just itchin' to share! I so love her irreverent style!

        So I now have them on rotation, but there's only three in the bucket. The two that aren't blue and familiar (and say "by Myrth") on them bottom left, are hers!

        Aren't they cool ?!

        Thanks so much babeh!!!






        I want T-SHIRTS!! For both of those!! LOL

        Hugs,
        minigeek
        Last edited by minigeek; 21 February 2006, 07:41 AM.

        Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

        Comment


          Hehehe, they're EXCELLENT! Well done, Myrth! That Sky Caption, the super cal my fragellistic on your ass, that's my little message on MSN at the moment. I've been giggling over that since she said it!

          They are absolutely amazing, and they are definitely on topic. Actually, I'm going to go off and alter my frequency settings. I think that my Torri Thread one is coming up far too often.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Skydiver
            i do think that them suddenly carrying pistols instead of zats is just like OTG spoilers
            Spoiler:
            oh look now we have transponders so they can beam us up all the time and 'oh look, we destroyed the promie for dramatic purposed but wait, we'll jsut invent another ship'...and in scourge having the atmosphere interfere with beaming so that they'd have to send the signal


            rampant use of the convenient plot device....ie: sloppy writing and the lack of time/willingness to come up with a more plausible explanation for things that happen'
            Wait. They're not carrying Zats anymore? I knew that T wasn't carrying his staff weapon anymore. Well, that just sucks.
            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by minigeek
              I know this isn't completely topical, however the lovely and talented Myrth has made me two new kick-arse Sam sigs and I'm so excited, I'm just itchin' to share! I so love her irreverent style!

              So I now have them on rotation, but there's only three in the bucket. The two that aren't blue and familiar (and say "by Myrth") on them bottom left, are hers!

              Aren't they cool ?!

              Thanks so much babeh!!!






              I want T-SHIRTS!! For both of those!! LOL

              Hugs,
              minigeek
              They are great!

              My LJ

              Comment


                Hey everyone! *wave*

                Well a while back there it seemed like I was maybe going to be getting into the swing of Samanda again!!!! But alas life has come back. Not only do I have the normal mayhem of my life, I am directing the show I wrote, going up first week of March, and have now been accepted to do ANOTHER show for a festival going up exactly a month after! I'm already freaking out... so I probably won't be on much, if at all, until mid-May :| :| I'm going to mis you all *sob* If anything huge happens, someone email me or something! lol, can't fall TOOO far behind...

                (((((((((((((((((((((Samanda)))))))))))))))))))))))


                Wish me luck!!!!!!


                (Ok, I admit I'll MAKE time to come on and share my Creation Con stories <g> But that's it...)
                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

                ^^Sam/Jack^^
                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                  Wait. They're not carrying Zats anymore? I knew that T wasn't carrying his staff weapon anymore. Well, that just sucks.
                  only as the episode requires it
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?


                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    Actually, for me that's just like Ripple Effect.

                    Spoiler:

                    If Entropic Cascade Failure happens because a reality can't cope with multiple versions of one person in that reality, surely realities that are further away would have less effect, than those closer together, thereby making it seem more like multiple versions of the same.

                    I spent hours in a fic once trying to explain away ECF, trying to come up with a solution. I eventually decided that Jennifer Hailey had spend time at Area 51 aiding research into a "vaccine" a device that temporarily masks your DNA, fooling the reality into thinking that there is only one of you.

                    Then the writers use a total cop out that doesn't even make sense!!!



                    Here endeth the rant.
                    i explained it away once by having one person snaked in one AU that wasn't in the other and said that the physiological differences were enough to avoid the ECF
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by MajorSam
                      Hey everyone! *wave*

                      Well a while back there it seemed like I was maybe going to be getting into the swing of Samanda again!!!! But alas life has come back. Not only do I have the normal mayhem of my life, I am directing the show I wrote, going up first week of March, and have now got accepted to do ANOTHER show for a festival going up exactly a month after! I'm already freaking out... so I probably won't be on much, if at all, until mid-May :| :| I'm going to mis you all *sob*

                      (((((((((((((((((((((Samanda)))))))))))))))))))))))


                      Wish me luck!!!!!!


                      (Ok, I admit I'll MAKE time to come on and share my Creation Con stories <g> But that's it...)
                      Break a leg MSam!!! Nothing more fun and fulfilling than directing your OWN show. How awesome. I wish I lived in your neck of the woods, I'd love to come see it!

                      Hugs,
                      mg

                      PS--> Is it the Fringe you just got your other show into?

                      Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        Actually, for me that's just like Ripple Effect.
                        Spoiler:

                        If Entropic Cascade Failure happens because a reality can't cope with multiple versions of one person in that reality, surely realities that are further away would have less effect, than those closer together, thereby making it seem more like multiple versions of the same.
                        Yes, well, this is what happens when the writers believe RCC is "Mr Science". It's scary. Ever tried to follow the conversation between Carter and Lt Simmons in Redemption 1 regarding power fluctuations in the Gate? It makes no sense. It's as if the two characters switch roles halfway through.

                        BTW, I'm confused about the spoiler policy in this thread. Sometimes current season stuff is spoilered out, sometimes it isn't. Someone help, please?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Great post here and above CS.

                          BTW, after seeing a specific episode this year that shall remain nameless, I am now more than ever pushing/hoping/dreaming for the return of our favorite Napoleonic Powermonger. She's just brill and her presence adds such depth and pathos to any episode she's in. Further, her scenes this year...especially those with Landry...were incredibly compelling and helped make the episode. You know my big gripe about that episode though
                          Spoiler:
                          NO MEANINGFUL SCENES BETWEEN HER AND SAM. I mean she was her best friend FCOL. She performed her eulogy even. And TPTB decided to focus on Sam's friendship or whatever with Martouf from seven million years ago and ignore the much more recent/relevant friendship between her and Janet??? GROWL.


                          Back to this post...wasn't there one where she lost her patience with Janet? I seem to remember her fussing at her. I have her voice in my head right now saying, "Dammit, Janet!" and I don't know if that's real or something I read in a fic or what.

                          Any clues for the blonde and clueless?

                          I'm thinking that might be from Upgrades, when Janet was trying to get her to help figure out how to get the armbands off. In fact, Upgrades was a great episode for "snarky" Sam. It was if the virus brought out the part of her personality she tries to suppress.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by minigeek


                            I love these - Thanks for sharing!

                            I love that in the first one, she looks too sweet to really blow up a sun.

                            Love her using the Mary Poppins tease to her advantage in the second one!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                              I love these - Thanks for sharing!

                              I love that in the first one, she looks too sweet to really blow up a sun.

                              Love her using the Mary Poppins tease to her advantage in the second one!
                              It's all Myrth, with inspiration from Sky, I think. Genius, I tell you!

                              Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by minigeek
                                It's all Myrth, with inspiration from Sky, I think. Genius, I tell you!
                                You're right, of course. I was thanking you for sharing and should have included the creative minds behind them as well.

                                Thank you, Myrth and Sky!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X