No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to laugh, when my father told me once that this new season of Stargate really stinks. This coming from a man who watches reruns of the original Star Trek. I mean Stargate S9 is worse than Captain Kirk
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      I have to laugh, when my father told me once that this new season of Stargate really stinks. This coming from a man who watches reruns of the original Star Trek. I mean Stargate S9 is worse than Captain Kirk

problem is, it's true
      Sam character is a only one bad things in this "new" show
      sigpic

Comment

Well, just very briefly read a few posts about the state of affairs regarding Stargate as it is now.

A shadow of it's former self is my opinion.

This time last year I was dreaming about Sam in command, both Daniel and Teal'c coming more into the fore and a new team member (or even Jonas returning) to make the team whole again.

In my mind there were still many adventures to be had, worlds to explore, butts to kick - with Sam being the one leading the way.

I even still pined for Janet to return somehow and for Hammond to come back to lead SGC. Oh yes what sweet dreams I had.

I'm now left gnashing my teeth in fitful, disturbed sleep, cringing at the misfits of characters, sloppy writing and the reduction in respect offered to the female viewers. i.e. we're not interesting unless we show a bit of chest!!!

A lot of comment from the magazines is that the writing is very poor, though I'm amazed that they do seem to like the new characters including V.. V.... V... Oh you know who I just can't bring myself to type.

It is not the actors - it is the direction the show is going and the writing that is letting the show down. It is in fact not SG1 at all. As 1speed quite rightly punned it is SG1 Gone!!

Sad to say this time last year I didn't want Stargate SG1 to ever end whereas now, I actually haven't even bothered to view ep's 9, 10 and 11.

So I have to say It wouldn't bother me a jot if there was no 11th season, unless someone gets their heads out from the sticky place where they are residing and grows up a bit and gets the show back to some credible writing, plots and characters - then I may change my mind.

I would be sad to see my fave TV Character SAM CARTER leave the screen, but I do have my season 1 to 8 DVD's to keep me wrapped in a warm glow.

I have no doubt that Amanda will shine in whatever role she plays. As far as I'm concerned she's much much more than Stargate SG1 and maybe it is time for her to bloom. She has never looked more beautiful than she does now, She is turning heads, making waves and making people take notice all over the place - remember the Hit List, The most searched for Actors using Yahoo and all the roles she was offered in the closed season - well I think it may be time for Amanda to spread her wings and fly. I just hope I get to see her in any future role she plays - which is rather doubtful as the Isle of Lewis doesn't seem to be able to get channel 5 and I doubt if it has digital coverage yet... Anyone seen the movie "The Land That Time Forgot"....well...

Anyway. I think I am just mirroring what nearly everyone else thinks.

I do hope that TPTB wake up.

For me I will never quite get over the disappointment at Sam not being in command of SG1 and I fear that will not change.

A Brit Mag has on the front cover this month "Ben Browder, leading SG1 into season 10" I had to restrain myself from ripping the cover up right there on the news stand!! Err AT, CJ, MS they will always lead above BB in my eyes, always!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

My father who, I got watching SG-1 years ago thinks it bad.
          My father who's 90 yrs. old, a WW II vet said at the end of last week's show-- his words, not mine-- "Their supposed to follow that guy", meaning Mitchell's character. He's even wondering why Sam's not the leader.

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav

problem is, it's true
            Sam character is a only one bad things in this "new" show
            How can Sam be a bad thing? Huh?
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Here's a happy belated birthday photo for everyone whose recently celebrated a birthday. A friend of mine just sent me this photo and seeing as I don't recall seeing it posted before, I thought I'd share it.

Sorry it's too big to actually post.
              Amanda Photo

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                How can Sam be a bad thing? Huh?
                meaning little? bad write her role and no true leader SG1, nothing more for me
                without Sam going SG1 realy to hell
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Here's a happy belated birthday photo for everyone whose recently celebrated a birthday. A friend of mine just sent me this photo and seeing as I don't recall seeing it posted before, I thought I'd share it.

Amanda Photo
                  Wow.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                    I'm now left gnashing my teeth in fitful, disturbed sleep, cringing at the misfits of characters, sloppy writing and the reduction in respect offered to the female viewers. i.e. we're not interesting unless we show a bit of chest!!!

I have no doubt that Amanda will shine in whatever role she plays. As far as I'm concerned she's much much more than Stargate SG1 and maybe it is time for her to bloom. She has never looked more beautiful than she does now, She is turning heads, making waves and making people take notice all over the place - remember the Hit List, The most searched for Actors using Yahoo and all the roles she was offered in the closed season - well I think it may be time for Amanda to spread her wings and fly. I just hope I get to see her in any future role she plays -

For me I will never quite get over the disappointment at Sam not being in command of SG1 and I fear that will not change.

A Brit Mag has on the front cover this month "Ben Browder, leading SG1 into season 10" I had to restrain myself from ripping the cover up right there on the news stand!! Err AT, CJ, MS they will always lead above BB in my eyes, always!!
                    Yes Coley, I have to agree with everything you said. Now if they needed a "chest" to fill in for Sam They could have always used Anise, an established character and Tok'ra, and I don't think it would have caused such an uproar.

I do hope AT does get a better offer and jumps the sinking ship, just to show TPTB how vital she is to the show.

"Ben Browder, leading SG1 into season 10" It just may be time for me to jump the sinking ship.
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Amanda Photo

Oh, wow! She is absolutely gorgeous in that picture. Thanks for sharing!
                      sigpic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STRIX!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                          Oh, wow! She is absolutely gorgeous in that picture. Thanks for sharing!
                          Seriously. Could her eyes be any bigger? What a lucky gal...

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                            Part 2 of excerpts from AT's interview

[I
                            Grace Under Pressure was the most interpersonal stuff Carter got this year, and I love that Carter. I would like to see that Carter more. There was this great sexual tension, and I love working with David Hewlett. Both characters are on the same level, so there’s this great, very quick banter.

”[/I]

NC
                            Err I'm afraid I'm one person who wants to see soldier/scientist sam. I'm going to annoy the hell out of a number of Samandans by saying I'm not interested whatsoever in seeing cleavage Sam. (Even though Amanda looks amazing and would reel in the crowds)

I also don't want too much emotional stuff. It a sci fi show. I want my SG1 back - Matter of Time, Crystal Skull, Small Victories, Exodus, Failsafe, Solitudes - etc etc there was emotion from sam in all of these, but it was interlayered with a great sci fi plot every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                              For everyone who had been interested in the Chain of Command thread, the originator has put up a "who whould lead" poll, if any of you are so inclined:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24329
                              Thanks for the link Deejay435. Now, we are already at 65.66%. If only TPTB would take it to heart.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                                Thanks for the link Deejay435. Now, we are already at 65.66%. If only TPTB would take it to heart.
                                I think that would entail them opening their eyes and minds
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X