Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Bighonkinamazongeek should definitely be one of the presenters. And a lottery for the second person sounds fair to me.
    That's Gianthonkinamazongeek to you, feathers!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Funny, I made this a long time ago, but I didn't really like it so I never posted it. Now it seems quite fitting. LOL

Originally posted by minigeek
      LOL I love it! Soo perfect!

Mini, Kat, these are just too perfect together, as I sit here pushing up my glasses and typing away at lunchtime in IT Geek!Central!

(Oh, dear - that sounds like what Jack would call Sam's lab when she and Daniel are both there - Geek!Central. And my IT department isn't quite that cool. )
      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ooookay, I have to go tackle the stuffin' out of one of my colleagues here now.

He knows about the poster thing. But he just walked by and saw me sketching in my book and said: "Awww, are you drawing her a picture? That's so sweet! She can put it on her fridge..."

Yeah. He's going down. Back in a few minutes.

-
        It's time to bring out Kick-ass Sam for Gianthonkinamazongeek
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

That's Gianthonkinamazongeek to you, feathers!
          I'll have you know that I've got half an inch on you, shorty.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
            Mini, Kat, these are just too perfect together, as I sit here pushing up my glasses and typing away at lunchtime in IT Geek!Central!

(Oh, dear - that sounds like what Jack would call Sam's lab when she and Daniel are both there - Geek!Central. And my IT department isn't quite that cool. )
            LOL! I just did the same thing.

Geeks of the Thread UNITE!
            sigpic

Comment

I'll have you know that I've got half an inch on you, shorty.
              Gulp Too many giant geeks around here, I'm going to go hide behind Janet for protection
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I did think about the fact that certain people would be disappointed at not being there, if it were to be presented at the cocktail party. However, if we presented it there, it would be fifteen-ish people rather than two. I don't know. Maybe someone could organise a lottery or something and we could sort it on here soon-ish. If it does happen to be someone who's going to the Cocktail party, then we could ask Julia about the possibility.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Gulp Too many giant geeks around here, I'm going to go hide behind Janet for protection
                  I worked out that I'm about 5"6 ish, so not very tall at all. Don't worry, you're not alone!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    I know it's all perfectly timed, which is why it would be an issue. That's why I said I knew it would be a no no. I can understand Julia wanting to leave it to the autograph session. It's a lot easier for her and for everyone concerned, especially when everything is so perfectly timed.
                    I'm afraid the reason that we are not allowing gift giving or presentations at the Cocktail Party is because what happens, and did happen at AT1, was that the actual gift giving monopolises the time you have available to chat to Amanda.

I can understand that with all of you present at the Cocktail Party it would *seem* to be ideal, but believe me that if all the time everyone on the table has available to actually chat to Amanda, is taken up with giving and looking at the poster, you won't have time to chat about anything else.

The Cocktail Party is perfectly timed, and that's why it works that everyone gets their fair share of time with Amanda at their table, and as those who were at AT1 will remember, I'm the "bad cop" who stands behind Amanda and gently nags in her ear from time to time when time is pushing on. <vbg>

Julia
                    G4
                    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Bighonkinamazongeek should definitely be one of the presenters. And a lottery for the second person sounds fair to me.
                      Yeah, what Strix said.
                      I don't know, it just seems a shame to narrow down all you guys, who are fab, to two people. I know I kinda did it, but there's Ooober, Coley, 1Speed, Kat... all of you guys deserve the chance to present it. You're all so dedicated to Samanda.
                      Now you see, this is where the problems start. I'm just the quiet, shy, bewildered bloke at the back, so probably aren't the best person to represent the glory that is Samanda.

And as for Coley, well it's a proven fact that AT can't understand a word she says...

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR
                        I'm afraid the reason that we are not allowing gift giving or presentations at the Cocktail Party is because what happens, and did happen at AT1, was that the actual gift giving monopolises the time you have available to chat to Amanda.

I can understand that with all of you present at the Cocktail Party it would *seem* to be ideal, but believe me that if all the time everyone on the table has available to actually chat to Amanda, is taken up with giving and looking at the poster, you won't have time to chat about anything else.

The Cocktail Party is perfectly timed, and that's why it works that everyone gets their fair share of time with Amanda at their table, and as those who were at AT1 will remember, I'm the "bad cop" who stands behind Amanda and gently nags in her ear from time to time when time is pushing on. <vbg>

Julia
                        G4
                        Well, that's that sorted. Thanks for clarifying that, Julia.

Comment

I worked out that I'm about 5"6 ish, so not very tall at all. Don't worry, you're not alone!
                          5"6ish like I said too many giant geeks arond here (stands up as straight as possible at 5'1.5")
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                            Yeah, what Strix said.

Now you see, this is where the problems start. I'm just the quiet, shy, bewildered bloke at the back, so probably aren't the best person to represent the glory that is Samanda.

And as for Coley, well it's a proven fact that AT can't understand a word she says...
                            Making it all the funnier!

Coley: We're from Samanda
                            Amanda: You're what?
                            Coley: From Samanda
                            Amanda : *looks helplessly at Mini*
                            Minigeek: We're from Samanda
                            Amanda: Oh, right.
                            Coley: We made you this poster.
                            Amanda: Ummmmm.
                            Coley: *pointing and doing actions* We..... made... you... this.
                            Amanda and Mini: *giggle helplessly*

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              5"6ish like I said too many giant geeks arond here (stands up as straight as possible at 5'1.5")
                              Errrr, I didn't think I was giant. Just normal height. Anyway, all good things come in small packages

Comment

Darn! It's horrible when you can't green some one
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X