Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorSam
    Oh trust me, some juvenilles are not that pleased at all either. Humour is subjective to personal preferences and maturity, not age necisarily. (Hey, I've got to stand up for the young 'uns!)
    The comment is based more on maturity than age. This from one who can be very imature for her age It seems Scifi wants to be geared to a younger audience, interesting it's not working for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
      OoOOH!!! Amanda playing that char... *Dies* She would be SOOOO COOOL! (no I've never even heard of the books but those pictures are awesome!)

Spoiler:
      Hey, If we can get a CAPE on her... (which i'm sure she loooved) Imagine how a TOTALLY fantasied-out Amanda would be
      Um, should I mention that the cover character is the Lyu, not Rho or Zara?

But Amanda would be utterly cool playing a psychic whose job is to plant cultural seeds in alien societies that cause the societies to develop in such a way that the culture is very antagonistic to any incursions by the government of the opposition in an interstellar war thousands of years old. Said psychic then meets her twin sister from whom she's long been parted, travelling in the company of, and under the protection of a man from the hated opposition in that war, develops an instant 'hate/hate UST' (think Rodney McKay only good looking, up to no good, with a better grasp of other people's emotional lives, but only to manipulate them, out for himself, period, until he meets a Sam Carter he can't conquer, dismiss, or relegate to a woman's 'proper' place in the world, or his mind) relationship with him, and ends up having to work with him to fulfill a plan two centuries old to win that war.

If they ever did a movie, I'd demand that
      Spoiler:
      Rho make a point of picking up the danged stasis cylinder!
      Last edited by Simhavaktra; 11 February 2006, 08:00 PM.
      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        perhaps what we have is a writer that has a distinctly different interpretation of cam and a director that lacks the vision to make cam look 'better' and simply lets him look fun
        That might very well be it. I just threw Prototype into the equation because it was Mitchell who hit the button and started everything and because it struck me as no coincidence that Prototype was from the same writer as Stronghold and OTG.

Now I consider the "hitting the button" issue not half as bad as Mitchell's actions in the other two episodes (maybe because he was still the "new guy" ). Interestingly enough, Prototype was the one episode not directed by PDL.

BTW - I liked all three episodes storywise compared to others this season, so it's not that I don't like what the writer comes up with. Considering that, it might very well be that PDL directs differently than intended or invisioned by the writer. But then again, don't the writers usually watch what has been shot and still have some input? Like when JM objected to the hand-holding scene with Sam and Mitchell?

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
          Um, should I mention that the cover character is the Lyu, not Rho or Zara?

But Amanda would be utterly cool playing a psychic whose job is to plant cultural seeds in alien societies that cause the societies to develop in such a way that the culture is very antagonistic to any incursions by the government of the opposition in an interstellar war thousands of years old. Said psychic then meets her twin sister from whom she's long been parted, travelling in the company of, and under the protection of a man from the hated opposition in that war, develops an instant 'hate/hate UST' (think Rodney McKay only good looking, up to no good, with a better grasp of other people's emotional lives, but only to manipulate them, out for himself, period, until he meets a Sam Carter he can't conquer, dismiss, or relegate to a woman's 'proper' place in the world, or his mind) relationship with him, and ends up having to work with him to fulfill a plan two centuries old to win that war.

If they ever did a movie, I'd demand that
          Spoiler:
          Rho make a point of picking up the danged stasis cylinder!

Remember I did say I havn't ever even heard of the books However having now read that description of the character(s) I stand by my statement that Amanda would be very cool as that character
          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            it's very possible.

humor is incredibly subjective and PdL is a scream on stage at a con.

i do sometimes question his judgement when it comes to directing. They seem to lack someone that has the ability to rein him in and force him to play like a big boy

someone has pointed out that in 2 of the 3 eps she considers bad for cam, prototype, strong hold and OtG, PdL has directed 2 of the 3 and all 3 were written by the same person

perhaps what we have is a writer that has a distinctly different interpretation of cam and a director that lacks the vision to make cam look 'better' and simply lets him look fun
            I use to enjoy PDLs commentary. I've never seen him at a con. Ok, I've never been to a con but have plans to go to Vancouver next month. I'm still hoping there will be more writers, directors there.

I don't mind the potty humor in small doses, but an almost entire commentary on being close to the bathroom was the turning point for me.

I saw the post about the 2 out of 3 after I'd written mine. I find that an interesting observation.

I really want to like Wam, I wouldn't mind a good ol southern boy, but I need him to be a little less eratic. Someone on the team, Carter, needs to tell him to straighten up and fly right!

Comment

Just a quick question:
              Spoiler:
              How many Baal's does it take to command a ship?
              Originally posted by SG1Poz
              LOL!!!!! Oh I need to extract my mind out of the gutter!
              Oh what ever could you mean?
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Oh all this talk about height, 5'9, 6'1,6'3 and even 5'5
                I'm feeling a little lacking in the department at 5'1 1/2
                If anyone needs me I'll be in the infirmary with the big honking needles
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by gatenv
                  I really want to like Wam, I wouldn't mind a good ol southern boy, but I need him to be a little less eratic. Someone on the team, Carter, needs to tell him to straighten up and fly right!
                  Wam worked my last nerve in OTG. I was so annoyed by him, I kept wishing that S,D or T would pop him in the head and drag his sorry A$$ back through the Stargate and tell Landry that until he grew up, he had to stay home!
                  In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                  so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                  Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                  Hic Comitas Regit
                  Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Hi all!

Found another Carterfic
                    Honor's Solution by SGCbearcub
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2686931/1/

Well-written. It's an SG-1 Carterfic - with Kick-A$$, Competent Carter
                    (and no ship at all in this one)

A few of my favorite lines:

She grinned as she considered the Asgard would probably be impressed.
                    She was about to do something phenomenally stupid.

Major Carter could be as gung-ho as the next guy.

It would have been nice to be able to use the time to think. There was still that little quirk in the Naquadah reactor she wanted to look at. Unfortunately, she had learned a long time ago that when she did that sort of thing in the field, she tended to walk into things.

Teal'c: I believe they have tried Major Carter's patience.

----------

A note about the previous fic that I recommended earlier: (The Divide Series) I forgot to caution folks that there are some typos that you have to wade through - like 'hence men' instead of 'hench men', and 'captor' where it should have read 'captive', etc., but the overall plot is fun and it shows a strength to Sam that I find fun to read. I've also realized that there was an S/J kiss... of sorts... but it was anything but mushy... and it really fit nicely into the AU Carter character created by the author. At any rate, Honor's Solution, doesn't have anything remotely romantic in it... it's straight 'Carter gen' fic.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      i haven't been watching stargate sg1 for years just for the special effects and aliens; i've been watching for the four ppl that made up this wonderful team. i can get into the new ppl and such if they're presented to me as *supporting* of the established cast and make up of the show.

sg1 season one had me at hello. sg1 season 9 lost me from the beginning. the show should have kept the 'big three' and *that* type of show intact.

sally
                      Me neither, Sally. I like for effects to be well-done.....but I continue to watch for the people and their interactions. All of a sudden, that's not working any more.....
                      Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 11 February 2006, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Astro!

Where have you been?
                        We have missed you tremendously...especially Jack!

JACK: Astro.....good to see you! Don't go
                        running off again....uh, like I did....uh......forget that last part.....

Comment

For those interested this is the final in the Shades of Sam series... now what am I doin for my next series [ponders...]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                            For those interested this is the final in the Shades of Sam series... now what am I doin for my next series [ponders...]

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewickedgrin/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_shadespurple.jpg
                            Myrth, these are all gorgeous! I saved blue, yellow and purple to my desktop.....just to gaze at from time to time. How many more are there, and can you direct me to the rest of them? Ya know, I've been away some lately, and have missed quite a bit on the thread.

Thanks!
                            Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 11 February 2006, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Yeah no worries [has no ego whatsoever ]

All of my stuff lives here: Wicked Grins

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              Myrth, these are all gorgeous! I saved blue, yellow and purple to my desktop.....just to gaze at from time to time. How many more are there, and can you direct me to the rest of them? Ya know, I've been away some lately, and have missed quite a bit on the thread.

Thanks!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                                Yeah no worries [has no ego whatsoever ]

All of my stuff lives here: Wicked Grins

Duh! I had already saved your site to my favorites, but didn't think to check it first. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X