Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    Speaking of "Off The Grid". I also rolled my eyes at the (Asgard) continuity issues, but I loved the action, the pace and the battle aspect(s). So I'd rate this episode as a "good", on the GW scale. I've nearly given up wondering why Cameron gets co-leadership of the team, so I'll just skip my rant on that. That Marry Poppins line could have been leveraged better, I think. Say, when Carter did something miraculous on the ship, later on, she might have turned to Mitchell and said: "Lets seem Mary Poppins do THAT." But oh well. Wasted line!

I still feel as though they're giving Mitchell JACK LINES and they really need to stop. Because he's taking those lines and coming off like Crighton from Farscape - which seems to be getting worse each episode, as he grows more confident in his role. If I were among tptb, I'd work with Ben on that. He's capable of going in a different direction with Mitchell, and oh how I wish he would...

Nice guns they had though. Very cool. Lets hear it. What were they again, AD?

-
    Sorry Mini, you might need to wait a while for a response from AD. He's still unconscious from the sight of those cleavage shots.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

MP-7's for Sam, Teal'c and Daniel and a G-36 for Mitchell

(sorry, had to call in the cleaners )

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        MP-7's for Sam, Teal'c and Daniel and a G-36 for Mitchell

(sorry, had to call in the cleaners )
        Boy that sounds like a big gun

(see I can do PDL humour too )
        Last edited by Mandysg1; 11 February 2006, 06:52 PM.
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Really Odd Post Warning

Has anyone here seen the cover of C. S. Friedman’s novel _The Wilding_?

http://www.merentha.org/images/wilding/wild2LLR.jpg

I actually bought this book in hard cover because the cover art by Michael Whelan struck such a chord with me. Tonight I was cruising around the Merentha site (just found it – how sad is that? LOL!) and found the section on the development of the cover art, and, it seems to me, one of the concept pieces for the cover art shows a definite resemblance to Amanda:

http://www.merentha.org/images/wilding/Wilding3.jpg

So now, illogically enought (if semi-appropriatly in terms of twin-ness) , I’m having mental images of Amanda playing the parts of Shaka Rho and her twin Zara in the book!
          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

I only remember that because I'm also 5'9, otherwise I'd never recall any of that trivial stuff. My (boyfriend - I hate that term) is 6'3, and standing side by side with me, he looks about as much taller than me as Cam does with Sam in that picture, so if it's height we're looking at, I think there must be something rigged there somehow. Even if it's just uneven ground. Are they on the grass?
            Originally posted by Samfan31
            I think I must be bored today because I went looking for some Sam height pictures in relation to Cam. Sorry the Beachhead pic is so small of our main characters, but it was the best I could do and show full body shots standing on a level floor facing the camera.

So, is Sam the incredible shrinking warrior? She does look shorter in OTG. Perhaps the second cap may show the possibility of either

a. Ground tilting to the left.
            b. Myrth’s “Scully box” is in use.
            c. Duchovny’s Ditch is in use.
            Yeah, I've honestly only noticed it in close up two shots where they are standing side by side. Maybe it's just a perspective thing, but it sort of reminded me of Scifi's Season 9 wall that had Sam looking so tiny, standing behind everyone else. Whether it be differences in the ground level or camera angles I'm not sure, but it just looks odd to me.

Comment

Originally posted by starprops
              I'm new - So Hi... I just wanted to comment on the lack of "showing" Sam get whumped... A friend of mine , in school, was telling me his mom is one of the ones who "censor" US TV programs and told him there are very strict protocols they have to follow, for example - aman can only be filmed hitting a woman if his hand is open - they wil not allow TV shows to show a woman with a fist, ironically they do allow them to show a mand pistol whipping a woman or hitting her with a rifle but, [but not in the face, with the rifle butt, but they can be shown pistol whipping a woman ib the face]... They can show the aftermath of a close fissted beating and "creative dorectors can show the man on the verge of puncing her, [like within inches, but have to cut away and have the actress react with a groan or whatever]..
              The thing that get's me is that they are allowed to show a woman getting raped or an on-screen husband physically abusing his on-screen wife, even with fists...
              So I think they were following censorship rules... I've heard Amanda at conventions talk about these sort of scenes and she has no problem with thoses scenes, in fact she said during "Death Knell" she kept on asking for more blood and dirt - she said it helps her to stay in the scene and she did reveal that she does most of her own stunts and learned how to take a "punch/backhand" way back when she started doing Theatre...

starprops
              Welcome Starprops!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Just a quick question:
                Spoiler:
                How many Baal's does it take to command a space ship?

LOL!!!!! Oh I need to extract my mind out of the gutter!

Comment

Yes, Mini, they were on the grass. Here's the sequence. I included the third cap just 'cuz I love Sam and Daniel's reaction to the entire lack of being "under the radar". Maybe Cam is a bit closer to the camera in the close up, but not by much. I put in links to avoid spoilers.

They are standing on the grass...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...ight-OTG-1.jpg

The camera goes in for the close-up...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...Height-OTG.jpg

Sam and Daniel's reaction as Cam heads off to do whatever he is gonna do...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...ight-OTG-3.jpg

Comment

I only remember that because I'm also 5'9, otherwise I'd never recall any of that trivial stuff. My (boyfriend - I hate that term) is 6'3, and standing side by side with me, he looks about as much taller than me as Cam does with Sam in that picture, so if it's height we're looking at, I think there must be something rigged there somehow. Even if it's just uneven ground. Are they on the grass?
                    My daughter is also 5-9" and my son is 6-3" what a coincidence! me? I'm the shortest....5-5"m Not that this has anything to do with the subject at hand. Wait! RDA/Jack is 6-3. Can we dig up any caps comparing them?

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                      Really Odd Post Warning

Has anyone here seen the cover of C. S. Friedman’s novel _The Wilding_?

http://www.merentha.org/images/wilding/wild2LLR.jpg

I actually bought this book in hard cover because the cover art by Michael Whelan struck such a chord with me. Tonight I was cruising around the Merentha site (just found it – how sad is that? LOL!) and found the section on the development of the cover art, and, it seems to me, one of the concept pieces for the cover art shows a definite resemblance to Amanda:

http://www.merentha.org/images/wilding/Wilding3.jpg

So now, illogically enought (if semi-appropriatly in terms of twin-ness) , I’m having mental images of Amanda playing the parts of Shaka Rho and her twin Zara in the book!
                      OoOOH!!! Amanda playing that char... *Dies* She would be SOOOO COOOL! (no I've never even heard of the books but those pictures are awesome!)

Spoiler:
                      Hey, If we can get a CAPE on her... (which i'm sure she loooved) Imagine how a TOTALLY fantasied-out Amanda would be
                      Last edited by MajorSam; 11 February 2006, 07:31 PM.
                      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        i do have to wonder. are they deliberately trying to destroy cam? is this thier motive? to totally ruin the character? cause every time he acts like a 2 year old i sit back and think 'you know, jack woulda so kicked his ass for being such an idiot
                        Having listened to a couple of season 8 DVD commentaries with PDL and Gary Jones, I wouldn't be surprised if they think the character is just really funny. Their "humor" through the commentary is a bit juvenile for me. Ok, a lot, but humor is a subjective thing. I think the grownups have left the show.

Comment

it's very possible.

humor is incredibly subjective and PdL is a scream on stage at a con.

i do sometimes question his judgement when it comes to directing. They seem to lack someone that has the ability to rein him in and force him to play like a big boy

someone has pointed out that in 2 of the 3 eps she considers bad for cam, prototype, strong hold and OtG, PdL has directed 2 of the 3 and all 3 were written by the same person

perhaps what we have is a writer that has a distinctly different interpretation of cam and a director that lacks the vision to make cam look 'better' and simply lets him look fun
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatenv
                            Having listened to a couple of season 8 DVD commentaries with PDL and Gary Jones, I wouldn't be surprised if they think the character is just really funny. Their "humor" through the commentary is a bit juvenile for me. Ok, a lot, but humor is a subjective thing. I think the grownups have left the show.

Oh trust me, some juvenilles are not that pleased at all either. Humour is subjective to personal preferences and maturity, not age necisarily. (Hey, I've got to stand up for the young 'uns!)

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              it's very possible.

humor is incredibly subjective and PdL is a scream on stage at a con.

i do sometimes question his judgement when it comes to directing. They seem to lack someone that has the ability to rein him in and force him to play like a big boy

someone has pointed out that in 2 of the 3 eps she considers bad for cam, prototype, strong hold and OtG, PdL has directed 2 of the 3 and all 3 were written by the same person

perhaps what we have is a writer that has a distinctly different interpretation of cam and a director that lacks the vision to make cam look 'better' and simply lets him look fun
                              Maybe they need a director with insight and maturity. Hey I think Amanda wants to direct again
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                Maybe they need a director with insight and maturity. Hey I think Amanda wants to direct again

HERE HERE!

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Working...
                                X