Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Laugh, I'll let her read your message tomorrow. I promised her I'd let her type one message before bed tonight. I think she just wanted to play with the smilies.

Sally, Mini and the other shippers will be happy to know that unlike her mother Kallesta says that Sam and Jack love each other very much and should get married very very VERY soon.

But her heart will always belong to Teal'c.
    Ha ha! From the mouth of babes... Way to go, Kallesta! She's such a lovely young lady, too, I'm sure Teal'c would be honoured. {{ hugs }}

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      i think how sam expresses her emotions depends on which sam we're talking about. early sam or late sam

early sam is rather repressed. she's had to work hard to get where she is and, i think, puts her career first. i think she was also shaken by jonas H and kinda swore off men for a while.

then came jolinar and she spent time just dealing with and handling that

s4-5 sam tried to confront her emotions...then realized that she could either do what needed to be done, taking care of the goa'uld, or deal with her emotions...and she chose the job

and i think she kinda fell into limbo for a while, it was easier to keep status quo than to actually deal with and risk losing jack's friendship

but after jacob i think she realized that life's too short. I think she's also at a place in her career that she can set time aside...and i think her biological clock is ticking too and, well she as a character doesn't have much time left for a family if she wants one

i do think, without prying too much, that sam's attitude change reflects AT's to a degree. it was 10 years ago when she started the show and there was plenty of time for a family, once the show was settled, once the show was over, once one more season was over, if the show's over....screw it, we're trying now and they can get over it

i think as at's confidence in her place in the show grew she chose to say 'ok, i'm taking time off and my career can just wait'

and i think it's a decision that sam will make eventually
      Sky, I think you're absolutely spot on with that. And (in as much as we've bashed them recently), I think the writers have arced that out for her character, too, which is why we've seen the growth occur through the seasons. I do think she's ready for "more" - which was what Pete was supposed to be, and I also believe she's at that point in her life where (every career minded woman, no matter how focussed and energized will tell you) she's hearing the clock tick, and suddenly the things she never realized were important to her before have become ... a lot more important. It's not a weakness, only the very young perceive it to be, but it's definitely a startling revelation for a woman to begin having. Especially one who's put her whole life's focus into "career career career" for so many years. Startling and a little scary, I think, in as much as it's also empowering to realize the choice does not have to be completely mutually exclusive, either. In any event, ATs got a very good life story to fall back on for her character's emotions, most definitely. I also think we might see Sam make some interesting decisions in season ten towards the end. Because I'm not entirely certain there will be a season eleven. Of course if there is one, I've no doubt Sam will be part of it, I'm just not certain there will be one at all.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        I think I sound like a very typical Torontonian. I used to believe that we had no accent at all, either. Because (as Mandy and others have pointed out) when I watch American news and television, I don't hear that much difference, if any at all. But having friends point out some of the subtle differences has woken me up to the fact that there are a few word pronunciation oddities between Canadian and (what I'll call American Broadcast Television-speak). Very subtle, imho, though.

I don't think I sound much like Amanda when I talk, but I've been told that I do by a few people, so maybe sometimes I do - my mother once called me up on the phone, laughing (years before I ever really watched SG-1) and told me she'd thought she heard me talking in the next room and was shocked I'd come over to visit - but when she went in to say hi, it wasn't me, it was "that woman from stargate on the tv" (my father had been flipping through channels and stopped there). At the time, obviously I laughed with her and thought nothing of it, but now I guess that's kinda cool. Eh?
        Way cool.

Of course, I'm going to "hear" all of your posts in Amanda's voice from now on....

My LJ

Comment

hi i am Kallesta

is cool
          i love

Kallesta! Hi! Sam IS cool! And you have very good taste! Give your mom a hug for me, okay, because she's cool, too!

My LJ

Comment

Laugh, I'll let her read your message tomorrow. I promised her I'd let her type one message before bed tonight. I think she just wanted to play with the smilies.

Sally, Mini and the other shippers will be happy to know that unlike her mother Kallesta says that Sam and Jack love each other very much and should get married very very VERY soon.

But her heart will always belong to Teal'c.
            *waves to Kallesta Hiya cutie! You gonna take over mommy's computer? Good on ya! Just remember to let her play every now and then.

I'm with ya Kallesta...Sam & Jack do love each other and should get married very, very, VERY soon.

*waves to FSG1

Who says you're not a fun mom?
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Hey Kallesta, hope you have fun over here and remember Sam loves kids too, not just Jack
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

A very powerful moment for Sam, pulled off brilliantly by Amanda
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

hi i am Kallesta

is cool
                  i love

Hi Kallesta,

good to hear from you. You did a great job with the smilies.
                  I love too. He is supercool.
                  Have fun with your mom. Hope you visit us again.

Dani

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

would you rather have sam --

a - lead sg1

b - lead the sgc (in the future)

c - be 2IC of the sgc (now)

d - command the beta site

e - command another team

f - ?

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      would you rather have sam --

a - lead sg1

b - lead the sgc (in the future)

c - be 2IC of the sgc (now)

d - command the beta site

e - command another team

f - ?

sally
                      f - leave the SGC all together to persue her Jedi Training on Dagobah?

Comment

hi i am Kallesta

is cool
                        i love

Hi Kallesta,

I love Teal'c as well

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

to our german samandans here, what does this word mean: Flitterwochen?

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

to our german samandans here, what does this word mean: Flitterwochen?

sally
                            Honeymoon.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

i have a wallpaper to show you guys (and a question concerning it). it's shippy in nature, but that's not the point of my question.

here's the link for it: http://stargate-sg1.hu/thalassa/disp...?album=6&pos=7

my question: what ep that sam pic from?

sally

Sally both the Sam and Jack pictures in this wallpaper are from "The Other Guys" S6

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                                Honeymoon.
                                thanks!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X