Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    And knows how to use his tools
    so is that a hammer in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?????
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      And just on that Sam/Teal'c note, I found a very well presented Sam/Teal'c Manifesto. A good read for anyone who is into the pairing (and 2 of your fics were recc'ed Sky )
      ooh, i'll have to go look. i'm always looking for some new s/t fic (i think i get like 6 a year or so. gotta ration them)

I'm gonna have to come back and bookmark that page and go play there.

thanks for the link AD
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        Some green for you for this one. good one!
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

ooh, i'll have to go look. i'm always looking for some new s/t fic (i think i get like 6 a year or so. gotta ration them)
          Did you read Geonn's recent one yet: Next Crisis
          http://geonncannon.livejournal.com/715989.html#cutid1

scarimor

Comment

You and Mandy are outta control! An interesting option to Jack's sidearm!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
              (Re: Sam/Vala fanfic) I hope there are no sharp objects to hand when Coley sees that!!!
              Sharp objects are something that Coley has to keep out of hand!

Comment

Thank you. That's really helpful. Finally a language I understand! I didn't actually need to listen to the clips (being a linguistics student). I just need a good page on American phonetics to compare it to. I shall go a googling.

I recognise some American accents, of course, but I've not really been exposed to that many.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                  I used to have such an ear for accents. I was always good at picking out what part of the country people were from, or even what part of Ohio (those folks in southern Ohio have SUCH an accent. ). When I studied abroad in college I learned to tell what part of England people were from, and certainly distinguish Welsh from English from Scottish from Australian from New Zeland accents. (Which came in very handy for me in grad school, put me on good terms with the cutest man in our department, he was so sick of people asking if he was from England that I really got his attention by asking "You're from Wales, aren't you?" Ah....he was adorable. The love of my life. Sadly, he was already engaged, and just a pipe dream. But he was a very nice friend, anyway.

I think like speaking languages, this ear for accents is lost over time. God knows I would never be that gifted now. Okay, now I'm sad.
                  Aw, well, with English accents..... some regions of Lancashire I can place the accent to a village (you best not test me on this Coley and 1Speed), most just which town. I can place Nottingham accents to which suburb people come from, and can tell three different Welsh accents. But then it gets a bit hazy and I can only place regions.

My sociolinguistics tutor is Irish but generally speaks with a Bedfordshire accent. One day he said something and I went "My God! You're from Belfast" and he was really shocked.

Comment

I thought you were meant to set a good example, Missus!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Skydiver
                      Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      Yea Sky, aren't we supposed to follow your example (feigns innocence)
                      and don't look so innocent DEM ( Naquadria-enhanced...)
                      Last edited by Mandysg1; 08 February 2006, 08:42 AM.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Dear Royal Bartender, be aware that the Royal Elders of Samanda are not beyond an occasional wishful thought and spicy retort. After all, what is a hen house without a rooster?!

Er, perhaps I should rephrase that (considering the diversity of Samanda): what is a hen house without a hot chick or two?!

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          Dear Royal Bartender, be aware that the Royal Elders of Samanda are not beyond an occasional wishful thought and spicy retort. After all, what is a hen house without a rooster?!

Er, perhaps I should rephrase that (considering the diversity of Samanda): what is a hen house without a hot chick or two?!

Jester
                          And here I was thinking that the elders were a collection of chaste saints....

Comment

And here I was thinking that the elders were a collection of chaste saints....
                            Oh yea and what planet have you been living on P3X-595
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I really don't understand what you are talking about? We don't say out or about any differently, not that I can tell
                              Well of course you wouldn't be able to tell. Just like other US Southerners don't pick up my accent, but people from everywhere else do. 8)

AT's accent is much more evident than MS. But the person who has the strongest Canadian accent is MW in the director's commentary.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh yea and what planet have you been living on P3X-595
                                Of course! I set me up a time loop machine with a time dilation device..... Semi Naked Sam, all day, every day...... P3X 595..... *drool*

What?! Noone said the bartender had to be chaste!

Comment

Working...
                                X