Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    canadian and american can be easy, unless you're talking to an american from the wisconsin/minnesota area

canadians do the nasaly long ooooo on things. like vancoooovvveerr

americans do can-cuver

you can hear AT's canadian when she goes 'helloooo' she gets that slightly nasal thing going
    Having grown up in S. W. Ontario as Amanda did, I have to say that her saying "helloooo" is just a joke, we don't really say it like that and it makes me laugh when I hear it. Just think of Peter Jennings, now he spoke with the true Canadian accent
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
      Amanda can work the crowd like no one else I have ever seen. She's a very intelligent lass and total entertainment. She clowned around big style not in an overdone/OTT way but in a way that made the whole event fun. After all life's just too short to be too serious eh!!
      One of the reasons she's our Queen, right?

Comment

yep. she is very good at picking up the mood and tone of the crowd
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          I really don't understand what you are talking about? We don't say out or about any differently, not that I can tell
          I notice she says pro-cess, not prah cess for "process"--maybe prah-cess is midwestern US?
          Edit: oops--should have read all the way through--this one has been covered. At least she doesn't say "been" --such as "I have been looking for you" like kidney "bean" like Weir/TH does.
          I did notice in Changeling she pronounces the H in herbal tea. I was always taught the h is silent in that case, but I think Brits & Canadians must pronounce it.

For real Canadian sounding people, IMHO, listen to the guys in "Beneath the Surface" who are yelling something about getting out of there after Teal'c collapses and the pressure's about to blow on the machine.
          Last edited by jckfan55; 07 February 2006, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            I notice she says pro-cess, not prah cess for "process"--maybe prah-cess is midwestern US?
            well it is spelled pro-cess
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

In Booty Call (the things I'll sit through for Amanda ), she says "peds" (like it rhymes with the shoe, Keds) instead of "peeds". I assumed that was her Canadian influence. Though I wonder why the director didn't correct her?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Having grown up in S. W. Ontario as Amanda did, I have to say that her saying "helloooo" is just a joke, we don't really say it like that and it makes me laugh when I hear it. Just think of Peter Jennings, now he spoke with the true Canadian accent
                When I've heard Sam or Daniel call "hellooo" it always seemed in a joking way. Doesn't she do that to Daniel when he seems to be daydreaming while she's talking to him in "orpheus?"

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  When I've heard Sam or Daniel call "hellooo" it always seemed in a joking way. Doesn't she do that to Daniel when he seems to be daydreaming while she's talking to him in "orpheus?"
                  She does but believe me its a joke, we don't say "hellooo" and we do say "peeds",
                  Maybe the "helloooo" is her British influence
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Well when it comes down to it, I don't care how she pronounces stuff. I'd listen to her read the phone book.

Oh, and can I just say that blasted Poltergeist ad that continually pops up is driving me bonkers?!

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra

Uh oh - something's where it doesn't belong...
                      is this a real cartoon cap, or did a fan make this up?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        in one way, i think she likes(d) it, in another i think she didn't like the 'i'm nothing more than jack's chick' idea
                        i wonder what amanda thinks of all the sam/other ship this season?

i feel they've made so many mistakes with sam this season that i almost don't know where to begin... i had such high hopes.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                          I didn't realize it was filmed on her birthday! Another good reason for her husband to be on the set and get a cameo.

The first time I saw "The Changeling" I thought it was so strange to hear CJ talk normally instead of with Teal'c mannerisms.
                          Does anybody know which of the fireman was played by her husband?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            Oh god, no - no wedding ON the show. I joked about that in the "ask Joe" thread once, tongue in cheek, but I don't want to "SEE" that either. I just want it to have already happened and have it mentioned, or alluded to in canon.

i want to see it, and i'm not ashamed to admit that. i know the writers have trouble writing the simplist of scenes, but 9 years is a loooooooong time to wait for the pay off. so if marriage is the pay off, i'd prefer to *see* it. but... if i had to choose between having it happen but off screen vrs having it not happen because they don't want to show it, i'll choose the former.

i loved the way the romance scenes between sam and pete were written in the first half of chimera (even though my heart broke to the tenth degree), and that's what i want for sam and jack. yeah, *romance*.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

i want to see it, and i'm not ashamed to admit that. i know the writers have trouble writing the simplist of scenes, but 9 years is a loooooooong time to wait for the pay off. so if marriage is the pay off, i'd prefer to *see* it. but... if i had to choose between having it happen but off screen vrs having it not happen because they don't want to show it, i'll choose the former.

i loved the way the romance scenes between sam and pete were written in the first half of chimera (even though my heart broke to the tenth degree), and that's what i want for sam and jack. yeah, *romance*.

sally
                              You know I've always liked Sam/Barrett more than I ever liked Sam/Pete. I just thought they had some sort of chemistry.
                              (Okay ducking tomatoes now)
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                                Does anybody know which of the fireman was played by her husband?
                                He was one of the fireman (or maybe the only one) that slid down the pole and then ran toward the camera. You only get a glimps of him as he runs past.

Comment

Working...
                                X