Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek

And speaking of writing ... Sky, is there anyplace where we can find out when you update and/or complete your series? I've been waiting until there's more of it posted before I tuck in (and it's hard!!! LOL), but I never know when you update. Do you have like a ... FANGURL club or something we poor wannabes can subscribe to? Hehehe.
    LOL

i don't have a group or anything. never figured that anyone would be interested. And given that i'm lucky if i can crank out a fic a month, well it'd be a pretty boring list.

maybe i can post in here when i put up a new fic. chapter 2 of trinkets is on GW, helio and ff.net, it's jsut not up on my site yet. AJ hasn't had time to update it

On another note - put me down as someone who thought ETHON was a nice idea for a team episode. I enjoyed the interplay between the characters, but (as so many of you have already very eloquently pointed out) the plot itself had a few pretty huge holes in it. Things that just didn't add up (even setting aside the obvious issue of 'who's in charge?'). Lots and lots of plot holes. But, great character moments - I'm sure Sky had a squee or three over the *really* intense Sam/Teal'c moment we got, too.

Hugs all,
    minigeek
    LOL

it was a nice moment. cj is like amanda when he tries, he can convay so much wiht just a look
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

minigeek (and just to be fair, BSG was suckage this week - it really blew)
      sif! I'll agree that the '92 hours earlier' buisness was a cliched and dodgy (that's like 3 episodes in a row now where they've done that...) but it had some really good Starbuck stuff! I really enjoyed it, because Kara is my favourite character (and Sam/Kara is hot, so )

And yes, that Sam/Teal'c moment was great

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        me neither

i watched pbs, now i'm watching cold case
        i just hope it doesn't run too late cause i wanna see grey's anatomy
        Wow, it was really good tonight, but now I'm going to have to actually watch it next week to find out what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          sif! I'll agree that the '92 hours earlier' buisness was a cliched and dodgy (that's like 3 episodes in a row now where they've done that...) but it had some really good Starbuck stuff! I really enjoyed it, because Kara is my favourite character (and Sam/Kara is hot, so )
          And yet... the hotness of the characters just wasn't enough to make it a good episode.

EDIT-> (and this is sooo totally OT, apologies in advance), AD you know what I miss? And we got only a tiny glimpse of it in this episode, the whole Boomer/Starbuck interaction. Those two actresses play so well off eachother, and we don't ever get to see nearly enough of Sharon anymore. It's a cryin' shame, I tell ya. *sigh* Her character needs a lot more screen time, what's up with that? I think Sharon/Kara is a lot hotter than Sam/Kara, anyway...

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Wow, it was really good tonight, but now I'm going to have to actually watch it next week to find out what happens.
            Agreed. I've never watched it before, but thought I'd check it out after seeing all the hype. Then at the end, we find out it's a cliffhanger. Bummer. I just set the tivo to record next week's episode. Damn, I didn't want to add another show to my must see tv.

NC

Comment

And yet... the hotness of the characters just wasn't enough to make it a good episode.

EDIT-> (and this is sooo totally OT, apologies in advance), AD you know what I miss? And we got only a tiny glimpse of it in this episode, the whole Boomer/Starbuck interaction. Those two actresses play so well off eachother, and we don't ever get to see nearly enough of Sharon anymore. It's a cryin' shame, I tell ya. *sigh* Her character needs a lot more screen time, what's up with that? I think Sharon/Kara is a lot hotter than Sam/Kara, anyway...
              Hmm, there's not much Boomer/Anyone interaction though anyway. And I dunno, I havn't really found myself that interested in Boomer (though I did read a wonderful Boomer/RepliCarter fic )
              The Starbuck/Kat dynamic was interesting though, and it focused alot on the pilots themselves which I enjoy.

AND SAM/KARA IS WAY HOTTER THAN ANYTHING!

Comment

good points. sam did build adn design promie. and if we're supposed to buy into the story for where she was, then she spent time with these folks just a few months ago so i'm willing to bet that she knew the crew
                yeah, the final scene should have been between sam and daniel.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Wow, that's a powerful and touching ending for sure - albeit one we'll never get from TPTB but thanks for providing an alternate conclusion. Sal should be smiling brightly right now.
                  i AM!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Speaking of eybrows. This may sound strange but I really like Amanda's eyebrows in certain seasons. I think they actually make her eyes stand out more. Does anyone else ever notice this stuff or am I really just loosing it?
                    No, I noticed them years ago when I decided to pluck mine. I was more the Brook Shields type until about 4 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                      If she's not, I sure am!
                      me three

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        NO, he looks just FINE! *i like my men with a bit of squeezable stuff *

really, i think rda looks great!

sally
                        He may look great, but he's definitely put on weight. RDA's not my type, though. Wrong sex.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          He may look great, but he's definitely put on weight. RDA's not my type, though. Wrong sex.
                          cool. less competition for me then

sigpic

Comment

cool. less competition for me then
                            Fine. I'm still wrestling with Qasim and AD over Torri, Amanda and Teryl.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

Yes Carter, I'm sure. This is how we play football in Minnisota. Now get into position

aah, this episode marks a noteworthy occasion...it's the first Kirk of the stargate universe

or, i guess, on the tv show since daniel and shau'ri could be considered a Kirk since i'm sure the original intention was to have her be nothing more than the damsel in distress to be rescued

sigpic

Comment

aah, this episode marks a noteworthy occasion...it's the first Kirk of the stargate universe

or, i guess, on the tv show since daniel and shau'ri could be considered a Kirk since i'm sure the original intention was to have her be nothing more than the damsel in distress to be rescued
                                Agreed, Sky. The original Kirk. Bah!

Comment

Working...
                                X