No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 'who's your stargate boyfriend' contest... i really need to stop answering honestly, because i keep missing the mark. i WANTED jack o'neill and got beckett. i don't even know beckett!

here's my ranking...

Carson Beckett - 100%
    Daniel Jackson - 67%
    Rodney McKay - 67%
    John Sheppard - 67%
    Cam Mitchell - 58%
    Jack O'Neill - 50% --> should be first dangit!
    Aiden Ford - 50%
    Ronon Dex - 33%
    Teal'c - 25%

since i don't know the atlantis characters, is beckett even a good boyfriend to have?

i must face the truth... only sam carter can have jack o'neill

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      the 'who's your stargate boyfriend' contest... i really need to stop answering honestly, because i keep missing the mark. i WANTED jack o'neill and got beckett. i don't even know beckett!

here's my ranking...

Carson Beckett - 100%
      Daniel Jackson - 67%
      Rodney McKay - 67%
      John Sheppard - 67%
      Cam Mitchell - 58%
      Aiden Ford - 50%
      Ronon Dex - 33%
      Teal'c - 25%

since i don't know the atlantis characters, is beckett even a good boyfriend to have?

sally
      lol, he's the Atlantis equivelant of Janet. And he's Scottish

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        LOL 1speed sure gets around. As to Amanda "approving", I believe there's a photo somewhere of AT drawing a pint from the hotel's bar whilst we all were at GABIT!
        uh, what does that mean? that she took a pen and paper and drew a picture, or that she had some beer???

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

I was just watching TDYK and I thought this pic reminds me so much of Queen's Bohemian Rapsody

I wonder if that's where they got the idea of "Getting the band back together"
          Only in this case they decided to replace Freddy with Ashley Simpson
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            Okay, here's a couple of questions for you all.

Who would you rather meet? Sam Carter (if she were a real person) or Amanda Tapping?
            I read previous answers to this question and I can understand the dilemma. Being retired Air Force, I can relate better to Carter as a female proving herself in a pre-dominantly male military. I'm not as smart as Carter but I bet we could find common ground by swapping some interesting stories of mil life. Now Amanda, I'm getting the privilege of meeting her in November and I just hope I don't pass out from the experience.

How much of your affection for the character of Sam Carter bleeds over into your perception of Amanda?
            It doesn't.

Do you ever have a hard time separating the two?
            Nope, I think my butt is firmly grounded in reality.

Comment

sally
              Yea well I got stuck with Rodney (hides head in shame)
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Okay, here's a couple of questions for you all.

Who would you rather meet? Sam Carter (if she were a real person) or Amanda Tapping?

How much of your affection for the character of Sam Carter bleeds over into your perception of Amanda?

Do you ever have a hard time separating the two?
                no hard time separating the two.

i'd rather meet amanda. i'd love to have a chat with her over lunch or something. but, i'd love to meet sam too. i'd like to shake some sense into her about her jack o'neill probs (like 'grab that guy already!')

about the bleeding over of affection thinger... i think i've done that a time or two, but not so much anymore. i haven't been happy with a lot of things stargate this season, and i think 'that's' bleeding over into things...

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

here's my ranking...

Carson Beckett - 100%
                  Daniel Jackson - 67%
                  Rodney McKay - 67%
                  John Sheppard - 67%
                  Cam Mitchell - 58%
                  Aiden Ford - 50%
                  Ronon Dex - 33%
                  Teal'c - 25%

sally
                  Yes, very much so. I think he was second or third on my list.
                  He's cute and, ya know, ACCENTS ARE HOT! <--- one of the questions; dead giveaway.

Comment

no hard time separating the two.

i'd rather meet amanda. i'd love to have a chat with her over lunch or something. but, i'd love to meet sam too. i'd like to shake some sense into her about her jack o'neill probs (like 'grab that guy already!')

sally
                    you know, if i had an ultimate fantasy, it'd be to spend an afternoon or something and really get to know her. yes, it's nice to see her on stage or in the photo line but...that's just superficial. it'd be nice to get to know the real person.

i would love to be a fly on the wall and...oh hang on the set for a week. not doing anything per se, just being there. seeing it, experiencing it. i'm a geek, i'd find it very interesting.

you really can't appreciate the magic they work with cardboard, plywood adn styrofoam until you see it first hand
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                      I would green you on this, but it just won't let me at the moment.

I agree with your assessment. Rodney's one of the few people that doesn't take Sam at face value. She was so used to being the one who came up with the answer and for the most part being right, that when someone challenged her on that, she was totally out of her element. It was like her whole perspective was in question. I liked that Rodney brings that out in her and makes her actually work for the answer, not just pull it out of her head.
                      i can't speak for the mckay of today (or atlantis), but the mckay i saw in his sg1 eps was a jerk. i found him to be *totally* jealous of sam, and being the jerk he is/was?, he took it out on her.

i didn't feel he challenged her, i felt he got into her face and made fun of her. jerk.

but like i said, i don't know how the writers have toned him down on atlantis.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

i can't speak for the mckay of today (or atlantis), but the mckay i saw in his sg1 eps was a jerk. i found him to be *totally* jealous of sam, and being the jerk he is/was?, he took it out on her.

i didn't feel he challenged her, i felt he got into her face and made fun of her. jerk.

sally
                        And don't forget he got her electrocuted Then told her he was a pianist (loved her reaction to that one )
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

but you know, i do think that his interactions iwth sam have a lot to do with his changes. by ineracting with sam and watching her solve problems, i think she helped pull his little mind out of the lab and into the real world.
                          through her he got to see a different side of things
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

sally
                            He is a jerk. But he's a jerk with DEPTH. And when David Hewlett plays him, I feel like Rodney's gonna be OK in the long-run, like somehow I can deal with his arrogance, as long as I see him develop more. I truly believe that anyone else would have made his character not ring true somehow. I can't explain it, but DH has done a good job with such an obnoxious character.

And, in my mind, he redeemed himself in Redemption, when he kinda explained why he behaved the way he did, and how he felt about Sam's approach to science. There's gotta be a reason why he is the way he is, and I hope they explain it some time down the road... He's a good character! Honest!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              He is a jerk. But he's a jerk with DEPTH. And when David Hewlett plays him, I feel like Rodney's gonna be OK in the long-run, like somehow I can deal with his arrogance, as long as I see him develop more. I truly believe that anyone else would have made his character not ring true somehow. I can't explain it, but DH has done a good job with such an obnoxious character.

And, in my mind, he redeemed himself in Redemption, when he kinda explained why he behaved the way he did, and how he felt about Sam's approach to science. There's gotta be a reason why he is the way he is, and I hope they explain it some time down the road... He's a good character! Honest!
                              Yea, he is a great character, he's one of those characters you love to hate
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                you know, if i had an ultimate fantasy, it'd be to spend an afternoon or something and really get to know her. yes, it's nice to see her on stage or in the photo line but...that's just superficial. it'd be nice to get to know the real person.

i would love to be a fly on the wall and...oh hang on the set for a week. not doing anything per se, just being there. seeing it, experiencing it. i'm a geek, i'd find it very interesting.

you really can't appreciate the magic they work with cardboard, plywood adn styrofoam until you see it first hand
                                agree on *everything*.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X