Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Skydiver
    hey, it's a sam/teal'c fic

    http://geonncannon.livejournal.com/713470.html?#cutid1

    and it's friendship too
    I think it might be friend-locked I get a 403 trying to access it

    Comment


      i don't see that it's f-locked
      try this
      http://geonncannon.livejournal.com/

      should be the second entry down
      Where in the World is George Hammond?


      sigpic

      Comment


        I've been going back and watching S1 Stargate episodes for a laugh - And I totally love early season Sam She's like a little excitable puppy, or a kid let loose in a toy store haha
        And Cold Lazarus cracked me up - Sam and Daniel running around the SGC and arriving out of breath at Teal'cs room because they want to use his staff weapon hehehe. Ah, good times

        Comment


          Originally posted by Skydiver
          i don't see that it's f-locked
          try this
          http://geonncannon.livejournal.com/

          should be the second entry down
          Nope. There's a McShep fic, then a friend cut entry then a NCIS fic.

          Comment


            ok, sorry bout that. i didn't see the padlock

            i've asked him if he's gonna put it up somewhere
            Where in the World is George Hammond?


            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by AGateFan
              Uh, the whole death thing.
              Sorry Skydiver...

              I'm so going to second the "one of them not being alive" aspect of their relationship as being a big ol' downer.

              I love everything else about their relationship...but that teensie weensie fact, for whatever silly reason, really bugs me.

              But then, it could just be me here on this.

              And AGateFan of course.


              ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

              Comment


                Originally posted by Skydiver
                And you point is?????

                ok, here's a topic.

                Sam and Jacob

                what do you like aobut them? What don't you like? what would you have changed?
                I loved everything about Jacob and Sam's relationship. Jacob will always be one of my all-time favorite guest characters. I think they did a wonderful job over the years to show Sam and Jacob's relationship grow and become stronger. I really hate Threads simply because of the fact that I had to say good-bye to Jacob forever. I kept hoping they would come up with a way to make it not be so final.

                And I especially like the fact that I get to meet both the actors who portray these characters in six months!!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Sorry Skydiver...

                  I'm so going to second the "one of them not being alive" aspect of their relationship as being a big ol' downer.

                  I love everything else about their relationship...but that teensie weensie fact, for whatever silly reason, really bugs me.

                  But then, it could just be me here on this.

                  And AGateFan of course.

                  Oh! Anni has a theory about Jacob - about how he's not really dead. It fits into the Ori story as well as the stuff that happened last season. She's writing it into her new story "First Star I See Tonight" (which is about Sam going on a solo op/mission with a rogue Tok'ra operative, in part to find out what really happened to her father - Anni's stopped posting until she finishes it, so she can post the chapters all at once). It's loooonngggg. Anyway, it's an idea that I guess I can't spoil here or else I'll ruin her story, but - it could actually happen on the series, I think. Here's hopin'!

                  Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

                  Comment


                    Hmm, regarding Jacob.... (spoilers for s10 :O)
                    Spoiler:
                    JM mentioned that they were looking at an 'extra special guest star' for the 200th episode. Now the obvious assumption is that it's RDA. But I wonder if they have any plans for CA to come back? I remember an interview with either Amanda or Carmen (can't remember who) where they said that PDL had some ideas for bringing Jacob back in S9. In Ripple Effect they were able to bring back two old favourites (Janet and Martouf), so it has me wondering about future plans for Jacob...

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by minigeek
                      Oh! Anni has a theory about Jacob - about how he's not really dead. It fits into the Ori story as well as the stuff that happened last season. She's writing it into her new story "First Star..." (which is about Sam going on a solo op/mission with a rogue Tok'ra operative, in part to find out what really happened to her father - Anni's stopped posting until she finishes it, so she can post the chapters all at once). It's loooonngggg. Anyway, it's an idea that I guess I can't spoil here or else I'll ruin her story, but - it could actually happen on the series, I think. Here's hopin'!
                      Hmmm, if it's not shippy I might be interested (well Sam/Jack shippy )

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Hmmm, if it's not shippy I might be interested (well Sam/Jack shippy )
                        Sorry AD, Sam's engaged to Jack. It was a weird engagement, lol, it's not maudlin or in your face though. The story is largely Sam-centric, but she's definitely "with Jack" in the relationship department. He's not on the mission, though. He's on Earth, since it takes place in early Season Nine. There's lots of kick-arse Carter though (soldier!sam and scientist!sam).

                        Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by minigeek
                          Sorry AD, Sam's engaged to Jack. It was a weird engagement, lol, it's not maudlin or in your face though. The story is largely Sam-centric, but she's definitely "with Jack" in the relationship department. He's not on the mission, though. He's on Earth, since it takes place in early Season Nine.
                          Bah

                          Why doesn't anyone ever write nice long GEN fic anymore?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Bah

                            Why doesn't anyone ever write nice long GEN fic anymore?
                            Hehehe, I always find gen-fic way too dry. You'll probably notice that very few mainstream novels out there don't put a tiny bit of romance into their story arcs too, it spices things up. Not every bit of romance written has to be like a soap-opera.

                            On EDIT-> I think that's really the misunderstanding that non-shippers have with people like me who call ourselves 'shippers. I can't stand drippy romance, "Oh, Bob! Oh, Alice!" (you know what I mean). But I don't think a long story arc that contains some romance is a bad thing either, especially if it develops realistically over time and is not the primary arc of the story, just a sub-plot component. Strong feelings between two main characters can (if well written) make for some very cool dialogue and situational action/adventure when they partner up to work on the main story-arc conflict. Anyway, that's my POV at least. That's why I like 'ship. Most definitely *not* for the cliches.
                            Last edited by minigeek; 30 January 2006, 06:47 PM.

                            Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Bah

                              Why doesn't anyone ever write nice long GEN fic anymore?
                              pouts
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?


                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                I loved everything about Jacob and Sam's relationship. Jacob will always be one of my all-time favorite guest characters. I think they did a wonderful job over the years to show Sam and Jacob's relationship grow and become stronger. I really hate Threads simply because of the fact that I had to say good-bye to Jacob forever. I kept hoping they would come up with a way to make it not be so final.

                                And I especially like the fact that I get to meet both the actors who portray these characters in six months!!
                                Ditto!
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X