Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Yup, he's getting reamed. By me. Repeatedly. Believe me, if it had been Sam, I'd be just as disappointed and probably just as verbose, although in fairness my ire might be directed more pointedly at the writers in each and every post for ruining a beloved character. Now they're just ruining a potentially beloved character.

If it would make you feel better, you can red rep me, and I won't hold it against you. Or you can go find that WhackaMole link I posted a while back and pretend its WhackaStrix.
    Why would I want to red rep you? I've never red repped anybody and I certainly wouldn't do it for stating your opinion. I'm too friggin old and life is too short for that kind of pettyness. I may debate the opinion [but only as long as it stayed enjoyable for me], but I will respect any opinion that is argued nicely. Unless I missed it, I haven't noticed you arguing nastily. At least, not with me. I have no problem with you seeing a scene different than I do or having a different opinion of what happened. However, if you want me to WhackaStrix... haha. Nope, couldn't even do that.

Seriously, you state your argument and I'll state mine. If nobody has convinced the other by the end, then... we move on. There will be more debates, I'm sure.
    Last edited by ChillinTheMost; 30 January 2006, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      true. he has been criticized...but oddly enough, not by the same folks that would be hanging sam from her toe nails if she'd acted that way.

the issues with cam aren't really ben's fault, it's the writers and they just don't seem to be getting a handle on him. You would think, after 14 episodes, they'd be getting a feel for the guy
      I don't pay attention to all the handles, so I'll take your word on it. I was just pointing out that, even though Sam would probably get a lot of crap for it, Mitchell is, too. Just a minor argument against the "...if Sam had done it..." debate.
      Last edited by ChillinTheMost; 30 January 2006, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
        Spoiler:
        But he is getting reamed. The episode thread is full of it, from my point of view.
        The run up the hill was reckless, yes, but it needed to be done.
        No condemnation from me there.
        The bit with the ring room was selfish, I guess is the word.
        He should have waited for backup.
        I feel I should point out here that soldiers who do those kinds of things in battle (Take out a gun emplacement) tend to get medals.
        The next bit, where sam radio's and he ignores her, that is where he stuffs up.
        And as Chillin said, he's getting reamed for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
          The run up the hill was reckless, yes, but it needed to be done.
          No condemnation from me there.
          I feel I should point out here that soldiers who do those kinds of things in battle (Take out a gun emplacement) tend to get medals.
          Did she radio him? I thought she hollered it out and it was possible that he didn't hear her what with the gunfire and running and being a bit away. If she did and he heard and ignored, then he definitely was at fault. I'll have to watch again. Not that he shouldn't have radioed her. He should have.

Comment

Did she radio him? I thought she hollered it out and it was possible that he didn't hear her what with the gunfire and running and being a bit away. If she did and he heard and ignored, then he definitely was at fault. I'll have to watch again. Not that he shouldn't have radioed her. He should have.
            She yells, then grabs the radio and tries
            You could make the argument he still didn't hear as people were shooting at him.

Comment

And well he should.

This is another reason my hubby doesn't like him. Hubby *is* an Air Force officer. This episode bored him for the most part, but when we got to this part, he shook his head and said, "Mitchell's such a dumbass. If I were Carter, I'd be filing a complaint with the new general the minute we got home. And no way in hell I'd be working with him again."

Like I've said elsewhere, The Husband really, really misses Jack.
              "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Why would I want to red rep you? I've never red repped anybody and I certainly wouldn't do it for stating your opinion. I'm too friggin old and life is too short for that kind of pettyness. I may debate the opinion [but only as long as it stayed enjoyable for me], but I will respect any opinion that is argued nicely. Unless I missed it, I haven't noticed you arguing nastily. At least, not with me. I have no problem with you seeing a scene different than I do or having a different opinion of what happened. However, if you want me to WhackaStrix... haha. Nope, couldn't even do that.

Seriously, you state your argument and I'll state mine. If nobody has convinced the other by the end, then... we move on. There will be more debates, I'm sure.
                I'm just feeling guilty about my negativity.

My LJ

Comment

She yells, then grabs the radio and tries
                  You could make the argument he still didn't hear as people were shooting at him.
                  yeah, sam calls out first, then grabs her radio and says 'cam, wait for backup'
                  he keeps running and she looks over to daniel, slaps his arm to get his attention and the two of them go running after cam.

I keep thinking, would jack have done it and would i blame jack? I do think jack would have gone after teal'c certainly...but he would have not gone quite so rambo. at the very least he woulda radio'd sam 'i'm going after teal'c' and likely had sam watching his back

what cam did was really no different from what dr lee did in paradise lost. no, cam wasn't as disrespectful as lee was, not by a long shot, but he still took advantage of thier equal rank and took off on his own. and sam acknowledged that she couldn't stop him. worst case scenario, if the hatak had taken off, she would have reported back to landry that cam broke rank, took off on his own and was last seen beaming up to the ship and that, short of shooting him, she could not have stopped him.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    I'm just feeling guilty about my negativity.
                    ((strix))

we all have our moments.

you ever wanta grouse via e-mail or pm, tag me. we can comiserate together without dragging everyone else down

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG UNIT
                      Hi Everyone, i watched stronghold and it was great having sam lead the team.
                      I probably give the episode 8.5/10

I have to disagree strongly about SG1 and BSG. For me, Even though i think SG1 has dropped a bit in quality in Season 9, The Very Best Episodes of Battlestar Galactica are the normal episodes of SG1 for me, And the normal episodes of BSG are below the average SG1 Episode. This is not a bashing of BSG, i watch the show every week and look forward to the next one (Love Starbuck!) and definately call myself a fan. But even though they try hard with the characters and to develop them, I dont feel they are anywhere near as deep as SG1 in the beginning, and honestly i dont think that they are any better than the new SG1 and Atlantis Characters now (though i do feel on a whole they are very good characters). The Stories are good but also not as intersting for me either, and i dont see them as any deeper, and definately not as enjoyable - although i did love the recent episodes plot - Peagasus and the 2 following. I Like that the series is dark, but at times i think that they do things just because they want darkness and to be the latest trend and revolutionary though others show have done what the are doing. I feel that they take alot from Deep Space Nine but maybe thats just me.

I am not some Crazy Stargate Fan (okay i am...shoot me) trying to irationally defend SG1, i do believe this. I know Stagate isn't perfect. Sometimes i feel SG1 could take a page out of the Deep Space Nine book in terms of its characterisations and there handling of main plots and story arcs. So i Definately dont feel SG1 is perfect because its not, but i still believe it is the best even now- maybe DS9 would tie it.

I hope i dont offend anyone, because i do enjoy BSG alot. But i thought i may aswell join in and say my piece, probably should more often
                      Haha, you've stated it more diplomatically than I have. Even though so many people on this thread alone love BSG, I just can't see how it gets so much praise. I know, AD, I know: Watch it first. And I will.

I guess my continual beef is... Let's talk in five years. If the series is even still around, let's count how many cast, crew and structural changes went on over the course of those five years. Then we can properly compare the two series.

Comment

No offence to anyone here, but this is the Sam's a great character thread - not the Mitchell or Stronghold thread

Comment

And you point is?????

ok, here's a topic.

Sam and Jacob

what do you like aobut them? What don't you like? what would you have changed?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            And you point is?????

ok, here's a topic.

Sam and Jacob

what do you like aobut them? What don't you like? what would you have changed?
                            Uh, the whole death thing.
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

too easy.

keep going

sigpic

Comment

hey, it's a sam/teal'c fic

http://geonncannon.livejournal.com/713470.html?#cutid1

and it's friendship too

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X