No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the poor integration of Mitchell/ lack of caring whether he lives or dies etc: I'm wondering if one of the things that made us care about the classic 4 was that we got to know them through team missions and team interactions. They were exploring new worlds together and facing danger together. They weren't each off doing their own thing. We got to see how they interacted and how they grew to care about each other. :

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      those cards are *great*!

is that really a sam/jack trading card? if so, what does it say on the back?

and what does it say on the back of sam's trading card?

thanks for sharing!

sally
      Yes it is really a Sam/Jack card - from the S7 set - sorry I can't remember what is on the back I will check when I get home I have all but two of the S7 cards (missing the Thor auto card and the Relic Case topper) -

The Sam S8 card is the second of 4 promo cards and on the back is information about the new sets which come out next month. I may take this card to Vancouver with me and use it for me free auto with AT.
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        I have updated my Ultimate List of Sam-Whumping Stories with 14 more stories:
        http://www.gyrfalcon.net/vikingchick/whumping.htm
        Thanks Strix. And looking forward to your next effort...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          Thanks Strix. And looking forward to your next effort...
          Oh, me too! S/J, Strix??? For meeeeee?!?!?!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            :::GASP:::: And cover up her gorgeous HAIR?!! Beauty before longevity, I always say.

mini(pass the botox)geek
            Ha! But you know AT herself isn't demanding of the glam treatment. I seem to remember hearing about some time when they were futzing with her hair and she said something like--oh just put a cap on Sam! Maybe in a commentary?

Comment

Ha! But you know AT herself isn't demanding of the glam treatment. I seem to remember hearing about some time when they were futzing with her hair and she said something like--oh just put a cap on Sam! Maybe in a commentary?
              Oh C'mon, she is SUCH a beauty snob. She ain't foolin' anybody with that whole "humility" act. Shyeah.

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                yeah it is.

i was sorting through my jun-- ahem stuff to take to an upcoming con to sell and most of it is star trek, b5 and, x-men
                Oh I was such an X-Men comic book junkie as a kid. I've been going through boxes of comic books (around 5,000 +) the last couple of months trying to decided which ones I'm going to keep and what to get rid of - I found 10 boxes of X-men comic books a couple of weeks ago.

On the topic of head gear - well for filming I do understand why they don't put Sam in a hat much (She did wear one in Babylon) - personally I'm glad we don't see Daniel with the rag on his head much anymore and I do wish they would have Mitchell lose the hat because imo Ben looks like a dork with it on. But I have heard it said that they have Micthell with a hat so people have an easier time telling Michael and Ben apart.
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  i do have some issues wtih that,
                  Spoiler:
                  had it been sam going rambo she'd be reamed, but since the hero is doing it, it's ok. double standard and i guess i should get over it...
                  Spoiler:
                  But he is getting reamed. The episode thread is full of it, from my point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Oh C'mon, she is SUCH a beauty snob. She ain't foolin' anybody with that whole "humility" act. Shyeah.

mini
                    LOL. You know TPTB don't want to cover up all the pretty that is on their show! Lots of pretty...

Comment

Okay I thought long and hard if I should post this or not, but it just got under my skin, and made me feel like not coming back to this thread. My last post, which I might add I DELETED right away was being nitpicked ( the only appropriate term I can come up with) on two fronts.

Firstly I wrote "Caption This" above a picture, then wrote 1 line under it.
                      It kept getting pointed out that it was not really a caption. I know this may sound petty to some, but I only did what others have done in past posts, and never once have they been pointed out as "not being a caption"

Originally Posted by Tracy Jane

Anyway CAPTION THIS

I wish this lot would hurry up and get to 1300 pages, the suspense is killing me...
                      Originally Posted by MajorSam
                      Caption This:

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                      And just because I'm feeling mischievous...

Jack: You mean there's people out there who don't like you? I say we and the boys go kick their butts...
                      My post was no different than these

Secondly it was pointed out that the pic I used hadn't aired yet, so I went and right away deleted it, but it had been quoted so the pic was still up. If it was such a blatant error you would think the person who quoted it and said it wasn't "a caption" would have deleted it herself and not kept the picture up for those who were complaining it was a spoiler.

I just feel like if you make a mistake, and correct it right away, you are still going to be picked apart.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                        Spoiler:
                        But he is getting reamed. The episode thread is full of it, from my point of view.
                        Yup, he's getting reamed. By me. Repeatedly. Believe me, if it had been Sam, I'd be just as disappointed and probably just as verbose, although in fairness my ire might be directed more pointedly at the writers in each and every post for ruining a beloved character. Now they're just ruining a potentially beloved character.

If it would make you feel better, you can red rep me, and I won't hold it against you. Or you can go find that WhackaMole link I posted a while back and pretend its WhackaStrix.

My LJ

Comment

Regarding the poor integration of Mitchell/ lack of caring whether he lives or dies etc: I'm wondering if one of the things that made us care about the classic 4 was that we got to know them through team missions and team interactions. They were exploring new worlds together and facing danger together. They weren't each off doing their own thing. We got to see how they interacted and how they grew to care about each other. :
                          This is exactly why I think I'm having such a hard time with Mitchell and this season in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                            Spoiler:
                            true. he has been criticized...but oddly enough, not by the same folks that would be hanging sam from her toe nails if she'd acted that way.

the issues with cam aren't really ben's fault, it's the writers and they just don't seem to be getting a handle on him. You would think, after 14 episodes, they'd be getting a feel for the guy
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

(Returning lurker here, trying to build up some fandom momentum by revisiting. Because the shows have me ready to stop caring...)

Regarding Mitchell, my husband is the diehard SG1 viewer in our household--I'm more into SGA--and he *hates* him. He was willing to give him a chance in the beginning, but now he's disgusted by the fact that no one producing this franchise seems to know just who Mitchell *is.* Is he the stoic who came back from a potentially debilitating injury? Is he a good ole boy who takes life as it comes and doesn't sweat the small stuff? Is he a headstrong, reckless type, or is he an angstmachine, carrying around all sorts of deep stuff that has yet to be mined?

Not to say that a character can't have facets. It's just that TPTB seemed to start throwing all sorts of possiblities at us before we were really grounded in the character. Now, we have no idea which is the *real* Mitchell, and that's why I think even you diehards are having a hard time feeling any affection for him.

(Hubby's giving up. I'm about to give up on SGA. I think Friday's about to become the "Go out with friends and then watch BSG on tape after we get home" night. It's starting to sound like a better use of our time.)
                              Last edited by PsychoPenguin; 30 January 2006, 01:08 PM.
                              "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                Okay I thought long and hard if I should post this or not, but it just got under my skin, and made me feel like not coming back to this thread. My last post, which I might add I DELETED right away was being nitpicked ( the only appropriate term I can come up with) on two fronts.

Firstly I wrote "Caption This" above a picture, then wrote 1 line under it.
                                It kept getting pointed out that it was not really a caption. I know this may sound petty to some, but I only did what others have done in past posts, and never once have they been pointed out as "not being a caption"

My post was no different than these

Secondly it was pointed out that the pic I used hadn't aired yet, so I went and right away deleted it, but it had been quoted so the pic was still up. If it was such a blatant error you would think the person who quoted it and said it wasn't "a caption" would have deleted it herself and not kept the picture up for those who were complaining it was a spoiler.

I just feel like if you make a mistake, and correct it right away, you are still going to be picked apart.
                                I'm not sure who had issues with your post, but I didn't have a problem with it. Also as far as spoilers are concerned, I try to be polite and not post anything without spoilers comments, but anyone who chooses to read this thread is doing so with the risk of occassionally see a spoiler for an upcoming episode. The fact the thread is called Sam is a Great Character - Spoilers for *ALL seasons* should be enough warning to everyone that they may be at risk of being spoiled. I would also suggest taking all comments with a grain of salt. I know some people tend to get upset with me because I don't tear quotes a part line by line and respond accordingly, but I find it to be quite tedious. I'm lucky to make it through an entire post without having my train of thought interrupted a half dozen times, so I'm generally excited if I manage to respond to a post without sounding like a complete idiot. I hope people would be kind enough to realize that everyone has their own way of doing things and there is no need to belittle someone simply because they choose to do something differently. I hope you continue to post more captions. I'm sure we could all use a little entertainment in between debates.

Kat

Comment

Working...
                                X