Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Historian
    Yeah, I read it too last night. Went to bed quite late because of it, actually:-D. Though I thought it unbelievable that she didn't remember it being him sooner, especially a few years before meeting him. I had read another one of that kind on Helio2. It was by Eliza also, Daniel and a Dream. Now, WHEN will we get a story of Sam going back in time and being the mature woman who introduces Jack to an active sex life ?????
    Oh, I read one, it was very well written, I think it was by aeryn
    There you go http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2...8/thefirst.php

Comment

i'm probably in a minority, but i enjoyed stronghold too.

Spoiler:

it was nice to see sam kicking butt adn taking names. i loved seeing her leading the task force, and yeah, she was leading. cam was there to take his frustration out on the jaffa

and the whole 'i told my dad' spoiler was so blown out of proportion. she had permission both times she told folks. no treason there

my biggest issue, well other than baal's apparant death, cam jsut left that mind thingie unatteneded in an unsecured facility???? dude, that is soooo wrong.

big, huge, honkin secruity risk

the only way to do it properly woulda been to have him transferred to the sgc

but other than that, i liked it
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        See how far TPTB will go to get us to like Cam
        Damn. Can't rep you. But you're right. It seems like they're desperate ;-)
        sigpic
        There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
        If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
        If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
        If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Ok, wasnt too impressed with Stronghold. But Grace Under Pressure was WWWAAAAYYYYY better then I thought it would be. I am not a shipper of any kind so was expecting to cring my way through it, but that was not the case.

Kudos the Hewlitt and Tapping for doing an outstanding job.
          The Zelenka - Shep B plot was real good too... only question, where were the others?

Very good, all Samandans will appreciate it..... I think... maybe not...but I think.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
            Oh, I read one, it was very well written, I think it was by aeryn
            There you go http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2/archive/8/thefirst.php
            Thanks for the tip. I started reading it :-)
            sigpic
            There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
            If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
            If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
            If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

i enjoyed gup too. and what some took exception to
              Spoiler:
              sam's actions with mckay, well she was a figment of his imagination. and evidently little Rod was doing the thinking

so it made sense to me

and i also liked seeing a more open sam, fun and sexy

sigpic

Comment

hmmm im sure we all just seen atlatis where mckay was hulicinating carter and WOOOOOW she was looking FINE!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  i enjoyed gup too. and what some took exception to
                  Spoiler:
                  sam's actions with mckay, well she was a figment of his imagination. and evidently little Rod was doing the thinking

so it made sense to me

and i also liked seeing a more open sam, fun and sexy
                  Well the one thing about Grace that I think your talking about (big spoiler below):
                  Spoiler:
                  The kiss? It also helps that it was just a trick and not anything actual going on. Not anything even acutal in his own brain... he was just trying to distract himself so he wouldnt do something stupid... which he didn anyway... At least it helped me find it not as annoying. Sam did NOT seem out of character too me... well except the shirt.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Hi Thor

welcome to gateworld.

if you want to discuss the episode, we have threads in the season 9 thread. and if you want to discuss Sam, we have a sam thread going on too

sigpic

Comment

She is very hot

Comment

A few commentss for Grace Under Pressure:
                        Spoiler:
                        I really liked this episode! I thought David Hewlitt and Amanda were great in this one, and I really enjoyed the writing--very witty at times. Just very well done. Yes, the kiss scene that some mentioned--it was fine in context---clearly McKay trying to distract himself, and that is just what he would try to do!. Like others, I liked seeing Sam relaxed, and I think too that she was very much in character (as McKay's hallucination). A very enjoyable episode!

A few comments on Stronghold:
                        Spoiler:
                        Good parts---loved seeing Sam lead the troops. Also the conversation with Mitchell about telling his friend and showing him his memories was very appropriate and once again, I like their friendship. It was a very easy interaction between them.

Bad part: Okay---please please please tell me why Mitchell had to go storming off on his own on the battlefield. Very very bad move. Sam was clearly in charge of this mission and he disregards her! What kind of person is he to lead SG-1 ever. I like Mitchell, but this was just again bad bad writing for Mitchell. They are certifiably pushing him onto the audience as the "hero", and it is getting really annoying. He should have radioed to Sam about what he was planning to do, and then he could know that he had proper backup. Unbelievable--I know it fits with his impulsiveness, but he NEEDS credibility right now, and this is NOT helping.

Fortunately, Sam, with Daniel, followed him and saved his butt. If Sam and Daniel hadn't followed him, he would be dead, and he would not have been able to go in after Teal'c because he could not operate the rings. These are not the actions of a team leader at all. I really didn't like Mitchell in this one in regard to his military behavior. He's hotheaded, and not in a good way for SG-1.

Otherwise, I thought the episode was okay, but kind of boring. Grace Under Pressure went much faster for me. Stronghold was just there (but note that I'm a fan who is bored with the Jaffa and with Teal'c being tortured once again, so my bias is showing there).

Comment

Okay I'm with you Sky I liked Stronghold overall

Spoiler:
                          It was really good seeing Sam lead the rescue mission and give the mission orders to the group from the ramp in front of the gate before they headed off world.

Good to see Teal'c have more to do and I really hope that Bra'tac will be the new head of the Jaffa Council

I also liked some of the Sam and Daniel interaction this episode.

I do still want more episodes with the whole team together and working together.

I think this is just the 2nd SG-1 episode we have seen from the new writer Alan McCullough he also did Prototype. Hopeful his next episode with be a good one as well.

As for Grace Under Pressure
                          Spoiler:
                          Well I have enjoyed ever episode of SG-1 with David and Amanda working together - I think they work really well together and would love to see Amanda on Atlantis again in the future as working some with David.

It was nice to see McKays view of Sam. The more relaxed, fun, sexy Sam Carter. Overall it was a fun enjoyable episode.

This is the first week that I have plans on watch both SG-1 and Atlantis second showing of the night. I liked both shows tonight.
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Here's my opinion of Stronghold.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....6&postcount=48

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                              A few commentss for Grace Under Pressure:
                              Spoiler:
                              I really liked this episode! I thought David Hewlitt and Amanda were great in this one, and I really enjoyed the writing--very witty at times. Just very well done. Yes, the kiss scene that some mentioned--it was fine in context---clearly McKay trying to distract himself, and that is just what he would try to do!. Like others, I liked seeing Sam relaxed, and I think too that she was very much in character (as McKay's hallucination). A very enjoyable episode!

A few comments on Stronghold:
                              Spoiler:
                              Good parts---loved seeing Sam lead the troops. Also the conversation with Mitchell about telling his friend and showing him his memories was very appropriate and once again, I like their friendship. It was a very easy interaction between them.

Bad part: Okay---please please please tell me why Mitchell had to go storming off on his own on the battlefield. Very very bad move. Sam was clearly in charge of this mission and he disregards her! What kind of person is he to lead SG-1 ever. I like Mitchell, but this was just again bad bad writing for Mitchell. They are certifiably pushing him onto the audience as the "hero", and it is getting really annoying. He should have radioed to Sam about what he was planning to do, and then he could know that he had proper backup. Unbelievable--I know it fits with his impulsiveness, but he NEEDS credibility right now, and this is NOT helping.

Fortunately, Sam, with Daniel, followed him and saved his butt. If Sam and Daniel hadn't followed him, he would be dead, and he would not have been able to go in after Teal'c because he could not operate the rings. These are not the actions of a team leader at all. I really didn't like Mitchell in this one in regard to his military behavior. He's hotheaded, and not in a good way for SG-1.

Otherwise, I thought the episode was okay, but kind of boring. Grace Under Pressure went much faster for me. Stronghold was just there (but note that I'm a fan who is bored with the Jaffa and with Teal'c being tortured once again, so my bias is showing there).
                              Could not agree more on the Mitchell
                              Spoiler:
                              rambo-like immature snit and his ignoring orders, Carter was clearly in charge and he ignored her
                              - please what do you think the reaction would be if Carter did THAT to Mitchell but of course all will be forgiven with Mitchell - what a bad, bad leader and IMO, we saw a bad soldier in tonight's episode.
                              Spoiler:
                              If you are that upset stay home - excuse yourself from the mission - don't go out there and jeopardize it, Teal'c and the rest of the team with your hot-headed jerkiness.

I really cannot fathom what is going through the minds of TPTB with some of the crap they are throwing our way with Mitchell's judgment (or lack thereof) and then trying to make us believe he should be anywhere near co-leader of the team. After tonight I fear for the team when he is around.
                              Spoiler:
                              They are out there trying to save Teal'c and end up also having to waste time and effort saving Mitchell
                              - bad form, very,very bad form. But that seems to be happeneing in many episodes this season.

I think I finally figured out what Mitchell brings to the team, he is the one they have to always rescue, regardless of what the real purpose of their mission may be they always seem to get sidetracked helping Mitchell get out of the trouble he seems to get into. I think the Jaffa
                              Spoiler:
                              at the rings should have gone ahead and shot him - he is obviously a danger to the team after this nightmare
                              .)

Teal'c was good, and I like Ba'al.
                              Spoiler:
                              Sam leading the whole shootin' match and addressing the entire squad was great stuff
                              - she is clearly the leader of this team and the SGC knows it. Sam and Daniel and some of their moments were good and Bra'tac was great - that guy is wonderful. He should be on the team - not Mitchell. Overall though it was boring since I have nothing invested in Mitchell I care even less than nothing about
                              Spoiler:
                              his dying friend
                              so that whole part of the ep was a fast-forward button for me. I did not realize the point about leaving the equipment unsecured until I read it here, and elsewhere, since I skipped those parts but that is just more reason to question Mitchell's judgment and abilitiy to co-lead this team - at this point I question him even being on the team when he jeopardizes them, and their missions, this way. What a joke. Rant over.
                              Last edited by binkpmmc; 27 January 2006, 08:02 PM.

Comment

okay so I haven't read any other reply/ comments about tonight's episode except Uber's and that was the latest post. I wasn't even going to come on tonight and grieve my distaste for the show, especailly after enjoying last weeks show. And yet here I am oh well. I was sooo disappointed in the show and you can read my comments in the the episode thread.

Grace Under Pressure was another matter .
                                Spoiler:
                                I wasn't really looking forward to this episode because McKay tends to get on my nerves, but I really enjoyed this episode!! Go figure I ended up hating the episode I looked forward to and enjoying the episode I didn't think I would. (wow I just read what I wrote and wonder if anyone will understand whay I just said? ) I loved the interaction with Mckay and ... Mckay's subconscious in the form of Sam Carter. It was funny, light and it had some good moments. I enjoyed the last scene where he looks back at his puddle jumper and see Sam's standing there waving to him. I can imagine her saying something like, "See Mckay you made it, you just have to put your faith in people at some point". I didn't see shippiness at all since it was McKay's consciousness. THat was very clear to me, so it was funny! I thought AT did a wonderful job and well as DH. This is also only the second Atlantis show that I have ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X