Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deano
    your probably right, we never see her silly side on SG but if she played a role like that who knows
    ooohhhh that sounds interesting!!!!!!!!
    ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
      ooohhhh that sounds interesting!!!!!!!!
      I know

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
        Actually, a bumbling detective sounds like great fun. From the little I know about Amanda, I think she would relish a part like that. She seems to have a wonderful silly streak. Also, after playing the highly competent Sam Carter for so long, a silly role would be fun!
        Yes, it will be a nice change of pace, even if she plays second banana to a female lead. Leading lady would be the icing on the cake though ...

I guess my big dream/wish for AT is that she finally gets to play a strong female lead in a really well-written movie and that Canada's hidden treasure gets noticed by the larger world. Let's face it, the world of Stargate is just one tiny cosmic dot in the huge universe of mass entertainment! We have been entertained by AT as Sam Carter for nine happy years but this commitment to a TV franchise may have cost her in the long run.

I know she would love to return one day to her first love and what she studied and trained for: acting and directing in the theatre. At GABIT, she teasingly revealed that a psychic predicted her living in England one day! I'd fly to London to see Amanda in a show!

May she prosper and be well!

Comment

Actually Abby Lord will be starring 2 Canadian actresses Amanda and Maria Del Mar. Most of us in Canada do know our Canadian actors/actresses.
          I think the more movies they make in Canada the more chance Amanda has in getting a starring role. (Of course taking into account her schedule with SG1)
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Spoiler:

One other thing: In the scene that y'all are talking about where Mitchell stands up real close to Sam and she seems to jump back, I think they both stood up at the same time and didn't expect to find themselves that close to each other. I think it surprised both of them, didn't they both jump back a little? Amanda/Sam more, but I think Ben/Mitchell also reacted in a way that showed he was a little surprised that they ended up so close to each other. Anyway, he was supposed to stage-whisper to her, so he was aiming for close, but maybe not that close. Amanda/Sam, for her part, maybe was emphasizing her reaction because they were close and Sam didn't realize that Mitchell wanted to whisper something to her. Did that make sense? I think it was a combination of both of them standing at the same time and being surprised that their individual paths brought them so close together and the fact that Mitchell was trying to get close to whisper.

that was basically my interpretation as well.[/QUOTE]
            i wonder. maybe she was used to the fact taht the dude she used to sit next to always exited his chair from the right, and here am is doing it on the left and 'oops' little moment there
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Actually Abby Lord will be starring 2 Canadian actresses Amanda and Maria Del Mar. Most of us in Canada do know our Canadian actors/actresses.
              I think the more movies they make in Canada the more chance Amanda has in getting a starring role. (Of course taking into account her schedule with SG1)
              It seems like a lot of the Lifetime movies are made in Canada these days, so who knows, AT could be like some of the old US "made for tv movie" queens of the 1980s--i.e. lots of work. Lifetime movies are of uneven quality, but hey, it's work. And we know jobs for actresses get harder to find after 35. As much as AT has star quality, I remember in one interview she said something about thinking of herself as a character actor. The good thing about that is character actors have a longer "shelf life" generally.

Comment

bump up from 2

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                  bump up from 2
                  WHAT!!!!
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Yes, it will be a nice change of pace, even if she plays second banana to a female lead. Leading lady would be the icing on the cake though ...

I guess my big dream/wish for AT is that she finally gets to play a strong female lead in a really well-written movie and that Canada's hidden treasure gets noticed by the larger world. Let's face it, the world of Stargate is just one tiny cosmic dot in the huge universe of mass entertainment! We have been entertained by AT as Sam Carter for nine happy years but this commitment to a TV franchise may have cost her in the long run.

I know she would love to return one day to her first love and what she studied and trained for: acting and directing in the theatre. At GABIT, she teasingly revealed that a psychic predicted her living in England one day! I'd fly to London to see Amanda in a show!

May she prosper and be well!
                    That's what I hope as well! I think it will be good exposure on something outside the SciFi realm. I know she has been in several movies and another series before or during Stargate. She is so funny and I would love for AT to bring that to a TV movie or theater! Yes I love the Sam character, and all the depth that AT brings to that character (science Sam, soldier Sam, leader Sam, daughter Sam, Sam with the team and Sam with Jack ). It will be great to see that crazy humor, in this movie if she is a bumbling detective. Of course she is really good at drama too, because she really gets into the character. You can read the emotions in her facial expression and body language. Singularity, Solitudes, Meridian, Hero’s II, Lost City (my goodness I could keep going) all these come to mind among others.

Well she did turn down two other offers in order to do the 10th season of Stargate and enjoy the first year of motherhood, so who knows what the future holds for this talented actress/director. I wonder which she enjoyed more directing a TV show or directing theater? (Darn why couldn't I think of that question when I had a chance to ask via the open forum)
                    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 26 January 2006, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      Here's another bump and a thought:
                      Why is it that most of the time when Sam is wearing leather, Jack's no where to be found.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Why is it that most of the time when Sam is wearing leather, Jack's no where to be found.
                        Actually, I think the center picture (where Sam is holding the pool stick) is where Sam, Jack, and Daniel suddenly had a protein craving during the arm band incident ... and we all know how that lead up to a few confessions.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                          Actually, I think the center picture (where Sam is holding the pool stick) is where Sam, Jack, and Daniel suddenly had a protein craving during the arm band incident ... and we all know how that lead up to a few confessions.
                          I can't remember what confessions your talking about in that episode? Other than Sam likes the taste of diet coke better
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I can't remember what confessions your talking about in that episode? Other than Sam likes the taste of diet coke better
                            The confession was two shows later (Divide and Conquer) after they are suspected of being Za'tarc's (sp?) Jack confesses to caring more than he is supposed to about Carter. I just meant that the armbands lead to the confession not really that particular show ... sorry about that.

Comment

Um, Jack's allergic to leather? Ok, maybe not....I think his SUV has leather seats. Well.....maybe the sight of Sam in leather is just too much for him to handle....wait a sec.....I know he and Sam have been togther, on more than one occasion, when Sam was wearing leather. (BUMP)
                              Whoops.....don't listen to me....I'm medicated.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                                The confession was two shows later (Divide and Conquer) after they are suspected of being Za'tarc's (sp?) Jack confesses to caring more than he is supposed to about Carter. I just meant that the armbands lead to the confession not really that particular show ... sorry about that.
                                Whew, glad you cleared that up for me.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X