Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Okay, now on a more serious note. I have a question I need answering for the fic I'm writing. If the Goa'uld in a host is injured, does spilling it's blood kill the host?
    You know, I'm not sure. I seem to recall something about the Goa'uld physiology being poisonous to the Human bloodstream, but I don't recall how that works. I think you could probably get away with saying that the blood is a kind of toxin if you were writing about it. I think that might be the case.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Okay, now on a more serious note. I have a question I need answering for the fic I'm writing. If the Goa'uld in a host is injured, does spilling it's blood kill the host?
      Yes, I'd assume so. When a symbiote dies, it releases a toxin into the bloodstream of the host. I think the toxin exists in it's bloodstream, so any damage to the symbiote would cause severe damage to the host as well.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        You know, I'm not sure. I seem to recall something about the Goa'uld physiology being poisonous to the Human bloodstream, but I don't recall how that works. I think you could probably get away with saying that the blood is a kind of toxin if you were writing about it. I think that might be the case.
        You're thinking of Threads. It was explained there.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your quick replies, very much appreciated
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

...and can I just GRIPE for a minute here? We're always going on (here in the great white Canajun North) about how funny our American cousins are when it comes to knowing anything about Canada (which is to say a lot of folks south of the border don't know a lot about us here), BUT today I was making my GABIT2 reservation with the Renaissance Heathrow and the woman asked me if I was from America, to which I replied, yes, North America, more specifically Canada. She then asked me for my postal address, I gave it to her (in full), and when I was done, she puts me on hold for about a minute, comes back and says (in a perfectly lovely British accent): "Ontario - what state is that in?"

I said: "We have the same Queen, you know..."

OK. I'm done now.
            LOL! Almost snorted my tea through my nose on that one.

My LJ

Comment

I was spinning through the SAGC collection and found this great post that has to go in the "if only!" category

Originally Posted by majorsal
              i'm going to play a little game.... take all the episodes we've heard about so far for this new season, and change them ALL into sam eps!
              first off, i know literally nothing about the eps i'm going to change (because sam isn't insome of them so i barely gave them a pass over).
              '
              avalon', parts one and two: sam is called back to the sgc when an unusual person comes through the gate claiming to be merlin, of arthurian legend. merlin takes sg1 back to his planet, where sam accidently removes the sword in the stone. oops.
              'the ties that bind': sam and teal'c are bound/changed together (by accident), and have to survive overnight on a hostile planet. through their ordeal, the true strength of their
              friendship comes to fruition.
              'the powers that be': agent barrett comes to sam, claiming that the nid are going to kill him. through sam's investigation, she's abducted by the nid and is told she'll live the rest of her life with them... as their guinea pig in experiments. it's found out later that barrett was never their real target. sam was.
              'beach head': the 'ori' try to invade earth, and sam's there to kick their collective butts!
              'ex deus machina': baal's on earth and sg1 must stop him! but things get sticky when baal captures sam in the process.
              'babylon': sg1 go to a planet that seems like the perfect tropical paradise... and we know what happens when things seem too good to be true. when things go bad, it's up to sam to keep sg1, and three other sg teams, alive long enough to get home.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                I was spinning through the SAGC collection and found this great post that has to go in the "if only!" category

Originally Posted by majorsal
                i'm going to play a little game.... take all the episodes we've heard about so far for this new season, and change them ALL into sam eps!
                first off, i know literally nothing about the eps i'm going to change (because sam isn't insome of them so i barely gave them a pass over).
                '
                avalon', parts one and two: sam is called back to the sgc when an unusual person comes through the gate claiming to be merlin, of arthurian legend. merlin takes sg1 back to his planet, where sam accidently removes the sword in the stone. oops.
                And of course since Sam is back, they can send that leather-clad Sam wannabe back to whatever rock she crawled out from under. After pulling the sword, Sam defeats the Knight and then the team discovers the machine. Daniel wants to mess with it, but Sam tells them it's too risky and has the thing shipped back to Area 51. Because of this prudent action, they don't discover the Ori and we don't have to see those losers on our favorite show!!!

This is my first foray into the SAGCT. There are way too many pages for me to read them all. My favorite Sam eps are Singularity, There But For the Grace of God, Point of View, Heroes, Lost City, New Order, and Reckoning. Least favorite is Chimera.

I'm thinking about starting a "Sam is smarter than Rodney McKay" thread. Is there room for something like that? Does anyone here have an objection?
                Shallow are the Ori!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OriKiller
                  And of course since Sam is back, they can send that leather-clad Sam wannabe back to whatever rock she crawled out from under. After pulling the sword, Sam defeats the Knight and then the team discovers the machine. Daniel wants to mess with it, but Sam tells them it's too risky and has the thing shipped back to Area 51. Because of this prudent action, they don't discover the Ori and we don't have to see those losers on our favorite show!!!

This is my first foray into the SAGCT. There are way too many pages for me to read them all. My favorite Sam eps are Singularity, There But For the Grace of God, Point of View, Heroes, Lost City, New Order, and Reckoning. Least favorite is Chimera.

I'm thinking about starting a "Sam is smarter than Rodney McKay" thread. Is there room for something like that? Does anyone here have an objection?
                  Yeah, always room for a good old Rodney bash... hehehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    Yeah, always room for a good old Rodney bash... hehehe.
                    Well, I don't really want to bash him. I think Rodney's a great character too. I just want to get a little debate started.
                    Shallow are the Ori!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OriKiller
                      Well, I don't really want to bash him. I think Rodney's a great character too. I just want to get a little debate started.
                      Actually, that was a joke, hence the hehehe giggle at the end. I love Rodney. Always have. And yes, it would be fun to get some friendly debate going.

Comment

Actually, that was a joke, hence the hehehe giggle at the end. I love Rodney. Always have. And yes, it would be fun to get some friendly debate going.
                        I figured you were joking . I wonder if I should do it as a poll. I've never done one of those before. Anyway, if I get no objections from the mods between now and tomorrow morning I'm going to start it.
                        Shallow are the Ori!
                        sigpic

Comment

...and can I just GRIPE for a minute here? We're always going on (here in the great white Canajun North) about how funny our American cousins are when it comes to knowing anything about Canada (which is to say a lot of folks south of the border don't know a lot about us here), BUT today I was making my GABIT2 reservation with the Renaissance Heathrow and the woman asked me if I was from America, to which I replied, yes, North America, more specifically Canada. She then asked me for my postal address, I gave it to her (in full), and when I was done, she puts me on hold for about a minute, comes back and says (in a perfectly lovely British accent): "Ontario - what state is that in?"

I said: "We have the same Queen, you know..."

OK. I'm done now.
                          mini - sorry that you experienced that...but I did snicker a little...more at the lady you spoke to than at you. Thanks for the giggle.

*waves at her Canadian Cousin
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Hi All,

Don't know if this has been posted, and sorry if it breaks rules, but thought this was important. Who knows what kind of ship is in the script of this game... and hey, it's a full script with the old team.. Sam, Jack, Teal'c & Daniel. I was really looking forward to this... so let's try to save it

APPEAL: Ok, maybe you don.t know it yet, but the STARGATE SG-1: THE
                            ALLIANCE a computer game from the Perception studios has been
                            officially canceled by the MGM. Without letting us the fans know
                            why. Because this act angered many fans all around the world a
                            Petition has been created. Its purpose is to let MGM or Sony know
                            how much they have disappointed many Stargate fans. Fans thanks to
                            whom the Stargate franchise has grown to the point where it is now.

I would like to ask anyone to whom the fate of this project is not
                            regardless, to sign in this petition. The Perception and even
                            Stargate actors worked so hard on this project. RDA recorded
                            dialogues with his ankle broken. And Amanda Tapping in high point of
                            her maternity. If you decide to do so please fill in your full name
                            (not NICKNAME) and valid email address. You.ll find more information
                            in the link below.

I.d also like to ask you the webmasters if you could put info about
                            this petition somewhere in your news section, or put a banner
                            somewhere on your websites. So this information will spread even
                            more among the SG fans and other people who would like to see this
                            game done.

link: http://new.petitiononline.com/SGTA/petition.html
                            sigpic

Comment

But the
                              Spoiler:
                              Guess there's more where we came from
                              fell a bit flat, IMO. I suppose there's a limit and TPTB are now trying too hard. We need more dry humour and less of this 14 year old adolescent humour like the
                              Spoiler:
                              "Amy Penterburgh" Second base
                              line.

yeah. i personally am not a fan of, let's say american pie type of humor (which is all sexual, innuende, crass jokes, penis jokes, etc)

a little is ok, but to be deluged with it, i just roll my eyes and wonder if the people that wrote it ever grew out of puberty

at times it seems that daniel is trying to out quip cam and vice versa.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i would think that, if the goauld was killed, then its blood could poison the host slowly, possibly killing them. however if the goauld was merely injured they could work to negate that poisoning, saving the host to save themselves since, without a host, the snake is pretty defenseless.

and there is also the fact that, to cut the snake, ya gotta do significant damage to teh host's neck and spine, which would also kill them

I think the 'last selfless act' of a goauld is two fold. A they don't release the toxin that kills the host, B they boost the host's immune system to allow it to absorb the snake's body, lilke sam did for jols. ( i mean, think of it. sam had a good 6-12 ounces of alien flesh inside her, rotting and decaying - i know ICK - which should have triggered a massive infection that likely woulda kiled her. but instead her body just absorbed it, which means taht jols had to have done something on the cellular level to avert that
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X