X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I just love
    Spoiler:
    alternate realities
    in general, so this episode would have been the best one for me, whatever the outcome. Note to Self: Must change my fave ep on my profile.

And I don't think anyone here sucks up to the writers at all. On Joe's thread, maybe. But here? Nah... we say what we think.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hi all

I need help, can someone please tell me what episode Sam got promoted to Major? I thought it was Secrets but turns out she just got a medel for saving us from the Goa'uld.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
        Hi all

I need help, can someone please tell me what episode Sam got promoted to Major? I thought it was Secrets but turns out she just got a medel for saving us from the Goa'uld.
        Thanks
        Wasnt it FAIR GAME. O'neill is giving the speach and then Beamed up to Thors ship?

EDIT: Yep there is a picture of the ceramony http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s3/303.shtml#images
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Hi all

Thanks
          It was in Fair Game
          Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Hi all

Thanks
            I believe it was Fair Game, when the Gao'uld and Asgard were on earth to put earth on the protected planets treaty.
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
              Wasnt it FAIR GAME. O'neill is giving the speach and then Beamed up to Thors ship?

EDIT: Yep there is a picture of the ceramony http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s3/303.shtml#images

wow a lot of people with a great memory! The only thing I could remember was Thor beaming Jack up during the ceremony. I couldn't rememeber which episode it was until AGateFan, LYs, and Mandysg1 reminded me.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                I agree with all who said AT was at the top of her game & showed great comedic timing in RE.
                Spoiler:
                I was nervous about an AU episode, but I thought they did a good job with the various teams. Re: who's the father of desert team Sam's baby--it could be ambassador Joe if he didn't die in 2001. (ducks rotten tomatoes of J/S shippers) just saying. I noticed AU coffee Sam seemed to have a "tougher" personality, but after all your comments, I'll have to go back and look again. Also both Black team Sam and regular Sam seemed pretty in charge in this episode to me.
                I don't have any rotten tomatoes, but maybe a zat will do
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Wow so quick
                  AGateFan you are a star, that took 2 Minutes
                  Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by TLWROX
                    I don't think that we need to bow down to the writers just because they might see our posts and we shouldn't say anything bad about their "babies". I've seen throughout this whole thread "this was the best ep. this season" but that's not saying much. I've seen the beginning of this season. I'm not saying this this ep. was bad mind you, I'm just disappointed that after all of this time, after 7 1/2 seasons of great episodes (not a big fan of some of S8) this is the best they can do. Watching past episodes for me is really disheartening now after seeing what they've done to the fans S9. And I'm not just talking about them completely getting rid of S/J. I'm talking about the lack of really thrilling storylines. I'm talking about the lack of closeness in the new SG-1- even between Teal'c, Sam, and Daniel.They're not THEM. It's like a whole new writing team has taken over since Jack left. They're missing something. And I don't care if Joseph Mallozzi will see this and I have to edit it because God forbid he should see something negative about his baby.
                    Yes, 14 Sam's was awesome, I'm not arguing with that. But to have ONE good episode out of 17 when we've received, season after season, of awesome episodes- that's what I'm arguing. That's what I'm upset about. I care too much about this show to sit back and wade through crummy episodes till I get to that one "good" one.
                    And I know I'm a newbie, and I probably don't have the right yet to speak my mind this brazenly, but I had to sit around while The Lost World- my favorite show- was screwed over by TPTB and I can't do it for SG-1. They've been on too many seasons and have had too many extraordinary episodes for me to just sit back and not complain about their lack of- je ne sais qua.
                    That's it. I'm done ranting. If I've offended anyone- so be it.

I think you can go back through this thread (yeah I know it's a looooong thread ) and read various people's opinions about this season. Some are liking it and treating it like a brand new show so as not to disappoint themselves. Other's have liked some aspects of this season and not liked others aspects so they are cautiously watching. Still others like myself who haven't really enjoyed this season except this one episode. So while I have been fighting with tptb all season. I give credit for at least getting it right in my eyes for at least one episode.

This one episode has finally gotten me excited about this season. It has given me a glimmer of hope. Sure there were still some moments, but hey at least I can say I have one episode of s9 on tape to rewatch. The humor, science, the Stargate, the team, Carter being very much involved in this episode,
                    Spoiler:
                    even mentioned Jack , Janet and Martouf's return
                    are all reasons why I watched SG-1 for so many years and enjoyed this episode so much.

So yeah I can understand how you feel.

Comment

Originally posted by TLWROX
                      I don't think that we need to bow down to the writers just because they might see our posts and we shouldn't say anything bad about their "babies". I've seen throughout this whole thread "this was the best ep. this season" but that's not saying much.
                      Yes, it is kind of pitiful that it takes over half the season before we can find an episode to say "this was a good one" about. But speaking for myself, I think we may have come across as a bit giddy b/c we've been waiting for a decent episode for so long. Finally something we can talk positively about. I don't think anyone worries about offending JM et al in the least. We're pretty frank when we're displeased.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        Yes, it is kind of pitiful that it takes over half the season before we can find an episode to say "this was a good one" about. But speaking for myself, I think we may have come across as a bit giddy b/c we've been waiting for a decent episode for so long. Finally something we can talk positively about. I don't think anyone worries about offending JM et al in the least. We're pretty frank when we're displeased.

Yes I agree. I couldn't give you any green

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          And I don't think anyone here sucks up to the writers at all. On Joe's thread, maybe. But here? Nah... we say what we think.
                          LOL!

Can't agree with that!

I don't know if anyone here sucks up to the writers or not, but I do know, with certainty, that we don't all say what we think, especially about the 'writing' for SG-1. Then again, I suspect most of the thread probably doesn't want to know what some of us think!

And, according to topic, etc., a lot of those thoughts don't belong here, anyway. Vast (huge, giant) amounts of negativity, much and mighty (can you say Ascended And In Possession Of The Secrets Of The Universe?) moderation would transpire if some of us (mais oui - c'est moi ) said what we thought here - or anywhere else on Gateworld, for that matter - instead of, for instance, settling for implying it , or thinking it really, really hard in the direction of TPTB-Continuum or just swallowing it down entirely.

As the little placques that one may buy say: "Because Nice Matters"

[Editorial remark: :headdesks: Must stop hanging around Gateworld and write this confounded 4GL code! Boring, boring code!To Netu and Sokar with this code! ]
                          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            Now, press a few buttons here and all trace of Cam/Sam ship is gone!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                              Yes, I noticed this too. I think there actually is evidence of co-leading:
                              Spoiler:
                              It was very clear that our universe Carter ordered Mitchell, Teal'c and Daniel in one of the last scenes right after they escaped, and all three accepted her orders readily. And yes you're right--this was a strategic plan, not something to do with science. It seems that Carter was the mission leader on this one in terms of both science and strategy (at least when looking at this scene). Maybe JM isn't kidding---the writers are really looking at it as co-leading.
                              Yes I agree
                              Spoiler:
                              I saw co leadership and Sam also taking charge on the prometheus like you mentioned. THe center chair on the Promethus was just a place to sit and not a place reserved for team leader. THere were no order's being given from this chair, and certainly no controls. I saw Sam was flying the ship and giving orders to the rest of the team. Also in the Briefing Room with our SG-1 Landry looks at Sam and Cam and says both of their names and give them both the go ahead for the mission on the Prometheus. So I think that right there proves co-leadership. Hammond never said Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter you have a go ahead ... He always just said the leaders name.
                              Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 22 January 2006, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                yeah, no complaints about her. i still, well if i was editing,
                                Spoiler:
                                i woulda lost all the sam/marty bits and left in the sam/janet/cassie mentions. i mean, sam and marty have been dead in the water for years while janet's demise is recent and fresh and a definite sore spot among fans. instead of stirring things up, why not take this rare opportunity to settle things and 'fix' some of the perceived lapses of the past couple of years
                                Spoiler:
                                It's odd, I did not like how the scenes with Martouf played out in Ripple Effect; however, that does not mean I didn't enjoy him being a part of the episode. I can totally understand why Amanda may have wanted him there. From what I have read Martouf had been Amanda's personal ship choice for Sam. So I guess in that case, it was nice that they explored it a bit. Unfortunately for me, it was just too little too late. Had they explored their relationship more five years ago, I may have jumped on the bandwagon, but the way it was written it just felt odd. It's obvious that AU Martouf didn't share the same fate as ours, so he may not have understood the guilt that our Sam had gone through all these years, and a since of loss of never having been able to explore a relationship with him (if that were the case). AU Martouf, on the other hand, had the chance to reconcile his feelings for his Sam. It's the fact that he told her that his Sam had not been his Sam for quite some time and Sam suddenly says "I've missed you" as if he were actually her Martouf. It's like she wasn't really seeing him for who he was and suddenly realized it as she started to kiss him.

I think I would have had a better reaction to the scene if it had gone more like this ...

Sam: And I have a feeling that your Samantha Carter is back home working on the problem.

Martouf: She stopped being my Samantha a long time ago.

Sam: I've miss you. *shakes head* I mean him. Maybe if I had been more capable of differentiating Jolinar's feelings from my own...maybe...things would have been different.

Martouf: Possibly...or they may have remained the same.

Sam: ...but at least then I would have known.

At least in this case, I would have seen the attempted kiss more as a closure for Sam.

Oh well, what's done is done. I still think overall it was a very good episode.

Kat
                                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 22 January 2006, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X