Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Best line and scene in the whole episode - "YUP" and you all will know what I am talking about.

    Comment


      Originally posted by binkpmmc
      Best line and scene in the whole episode - "YUP" and you all will know what I am talking about.
      Yup!!

      I thought so, too.

      My LJ

      Comment


        Originally posted by Strix varia
        Yup!!

        I thought so, too.
        I wasn't informed of that in my spoilerage.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

        Comment


          Originally posted by binkpmmc
          Best line and scene in the whole episode - "YUP" and you all will know what I am talking about.
          I don't. I don't remember that line. Could you please explain?
          sigpic

          Comment


            Originally posted by ChevronSeven
            I don't. I don't remember that line. Could you please explain?
            it was a pretty simple line but those are normally the funniest.

            Spoiler:
            Carter is trying to explain the situation. The boys get distracted by the fact she says 'We' figure... and she has to explain that 'we' is her and herself. Then Mitchell says, something like "you finally found someone that can keep up with you, uh" and Carter smiles says "Yup" and goes back to her explanation... which I dont think the boys were even listening too
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

            ^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

            AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

            Comment


              Originally posted by AGateFan
              it was a pretty simple line but those are normally the funniest.

              Spoiler:
              Carter is trying to explain the situation. The boys get distracted by the fact she says 'We' figure... and she has to explain that 'we' is her and herself. Then Mitchell says, something like "you finally found someone that can keep up with you, uh" and Carter smiles says "Yup" and goes back to her explanation... which I dont think the boys were even listening too
              Right. That is way cute!
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

              Comment


                Originally Posted by ÜberSG-1Fan:
                What irked me was that it was so out of place.
                Spoiler:

                Sam and Martouf were never a romantic couple, even though at that time I liked the idea of her with him (I enjoyed the complexities of her and her feelings with Jolinar's and Martouf and Lantash's all kind of jumbling together). But they never went there. Ever. They were just friends even though she had Jolinar's memories of her feelings for him and Martouf/Lantash loved her back...they stayed just friends until she killed him. They never kissed back then but now she almost kisses him?

                I posted a longer review of Ripple Effect in the episode thread, but thought I'd chip in here too.
                Spoiler:
                You hit the nail on the head labeling the Martouf stuff as out of place. It was a bizzaro scene to include in general, but especially after the previous commissary scene. I thought that the scene between Carter and Martouf in the commissary was a nice cap to their relationship. That whole scene, at least to me, was about definitely providing final closure for Carter's mixed feelings regarding Martouf. The not-kiss was just about the oddest place they could have gone with it. I'm going to chalk it up to a Jolinar moment (my, wouldn't that have been a novel aspect to include in the script) and move on. It was totally meaningless as it is.

                As I said in my other post, I begrudge Martouf every single scene he's in. It is inexcusable that Frasier and Carter didn't get a scene together. I find his inclusion even more of a travesty considering some of the scenes that were cut in order to facilitate his presence in the story. My apologies to anyone who likes Martouf, but he needed to be left out of this story and Frasier needed to be included a lot more. For the life of me, I don't know why that wasn't Janet sitting with Sam in the commissary having coffee and discussing Cassie. And having alternate Daniel mention Sha're would have had much more emotional resonance with me than any of Martouf's scenes did. He was a nonentity for me before he died, and he's still a nonentity now. The least they could have done was throw in some Jolinar or Lantash. But why not just have Frasier and only Frasier?

                And, I have to say that I'm beginning to have my own doubts about the writers' ability to write Carter without shipping her. I've never subscribed to the "they're just toying with the shippers" theory, but this episode does make a compelling case. Don't get me wrong, this episode and all of its allusions to the alternate Carters' situations were intended as a nod to the shippers, but the majority of those allusions were really cowardly ambiguous. It's just bizzarre that at this point they won't end this plotline. And the constant adoration of Sam really needs to stop. It's too much, too often, and too meaningless. Cripes, at this point I think they'd ship Carter with a paper bag if the bag could ogle her.

                These complaints aside, I liked the episode too much to let these disappointments ruin the whole thing for me. It was the best episode of the season, even if I do hope it gets usurped by Stronghold.

                Comment


                  Oh I'm still feeling the effects of RE, anyone have a tissue?

                  Spoiler:
                  I think the writers idea came out as 'you want Sam, we'll give you Sam' ah 15 of them? I found the Asgard a little off, were they chanelling Jack? I also found Daniel a little off, since when did Daniel roll his eyes at Sam's explaination of things? More Jack chanelling maybe? What I found most shocking was on the ship when black Sam said she was ready for bed, and it looked like black Cam was going to go with her?

                  All in all I found it the best episode this season. If you looked at the how you rate this episode on the home page, it looks like it got the highest rating this season also. Surpassing all the Vala episodes.

                  I too felt like there wasn't enough Janet her interacting with Sam was surely missed. As for the shipping I think the writers left us to fill in the blanks as to who Sam married and was having the baby with. Even one of the AU Sam's looked like she could have been for the Sam/Janet shippers.

                  I think AT pulled off an amazing job, giving us 15 Sams! The nuances were there, and you could tell slight differenced btw them. Way to go Amanda, wonderful job
                  Now I look forward to next weeks Atlantis' GUP. The ratings will probably go up for that episode too
                  sigpic

                  my fanfic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    Oh I'm still feeling the effects of RE, anyone have a tissue?

                    Spoiler:
                    I think the writers idea came out as 'you want Sam, we'll give you Sam' ah 15 of them? I found the Asgard a little off, were they chanelling Jack? I also found Daniel a little off, since when did Daniel roll his eyes at Sam's explaination of things? More Jack chanelling maybe? What I found most shocking was on the ship when black Sam said she was ready for bed, and it looked like black Cam was going to go with her?

                    All in all I found it the best episode this season. If you looked at the how you rate this episode on the home page, it looks like it got the highest rating this season also. Surpassing all the Vala episodes.

                    I too felt like there wasn't enough Janet her interacting with Sam was surely missed. As for the shipping I think the writers left us to fill in the blanks as to who Sam married and was having the baby with. Even one of the AU Sam's looked like she could have been for the Sam/Janet shippers.

                    I think AT pulled off an amazing job, giving us 15 Sams! The nuances were there, and you could tell slight differenced btw them. Way to go Amanda, wonderful job
                    Now I look forward to next weeks Atlantis' GUP. The ratings will probably go up for that episode too
                    Spoiler:
                    I have no clue what has happened to Daniel but boy did you just give me the Asgard answer. The Asgard love O'neill, they name ships after him. They talk about him a lot apparently (lokie ep).. so maybe they are STUDYING him in like, school. HOW TO BE MORE LIKE JACK O'NEILL by Thor.... Its a big class, the seminars are all sold out. In fact, THAT was where Thor and Hemdial were and why they couldnt help out his this ep. Next asgard you see his language will be strewn with "FCOL", "Igotnothing", and "yasureyabetcha". Magnets will be found to be the solution to all asgard cloning problems. Wow... I think we now know where jack is too... doing speaking engagements on the Asgard homeworld. Thats why Sam can't be with him to. Too much tension between Jack and Thor so Sam decided to stay out of it.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

                    ^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

                    AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by AGateFan
                      Spoiler:
                      I have no clue what has happened to Daniel but boy did you just give me the Asgard answer. The Asgard love O'neill, they name ships after him. They talk about him a lot apparently (lokie ep).. so maybe they are STUDYING him in like, school. HOW TO BE MORE LIKE JACK O'NEILL by Thor.... Its a big class, the seminars are all sold out. In fact, THAT was where Thor and Hemdial were and why they couldnt help out his this ep. Next asgard you see his language will be strewn with "FCOL", "Igotnothing", and "yasureyabetcha". Magnets will be found to be the solution to all asgard cloning problems. Wow... I think we now know where jack is too... doing speaking engagements on the Asgard homeworld. Thats why Sam can't be with him to. Too much tension between Jack and Thor so Sam decided to stay out of it.
                      You are SOOOOOO on my Green IOU list. That was genius.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        ok, I FINALLY got to see Ripple Effect. My verdict? IT ROCKED

                        Spoiler:
                        15 Carter's working to solve the same problem was better than great And I literally rofl'ed when I saw all the cups of Blue Jello on the bench in that scene
                        Well, AD, they do have plenty to use at the studio with all the boxes that were sent this summer.
                        sigpic
                        There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                        If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                        If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                        If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Historian
                          Well, AD, they do have plenty to use at the studio with all the boxes that were sent this summer.
                          Looks like we will need to restock, doesn't it.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

                          Comment


                            Hmm?
                            Spoiler:
                            All that talk of the blue jello and I didn't notice it! I guess I'm going to have to rewind my tape (yes its the old fashioned VHS tape) to look again.
                            But there is so much more to watch that I won't mind rewinding the tape and watching it again, and again.
                            sigpic

                            my fanfic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              Looks like we will need to restock, doesn't it.
                              Yeahsureyoubetcha
                              sigpic
                              There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                              If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                              If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                              If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by golfbooy
                                I posted a longer review of Ripple Effect in the episode thread, but thought I'd chip in here too.
                                Spoiler:
                                You hit the nail on the head labeling the Martouf stuff as out of place. It was a bizzaro scene to include in general, but especially after the previous commissary scene. I thought that the scene between Carter and Martouf in the commissary was a nice cap to their relationship. That whole scene, at least to me, was about definitely providing final closure for Carter's mixed feelings regarding Martouf. The not-kiss was just about the oddest place they could have gone with it. I'm going to chalk it up to a Jolinar moment (my, wouldn't that have been a novel aspect to include in the script) and move on. It was totally meaningless as it is.

                                As I said in my other post, I begrudge Martouf every single scene he's in. It is inexcusable that Frasier and Carter didn't get a scene together. I find his inclusion even more of a travesty considering some of the scenes that were cut in order to facilitate his presence in the story. My apologies to anyone who likes Martouf, but he needed to be left out of this story and Frasier needed to be included a lot more. For the life of me, I don't know why that wasn't Janet sitting with Sam in the commissary having coffee and discussing Cassie. And having alternate Daniel mention Sha're would have had much more emotional resonance with me than any of Martouf's scenes did. He was a nonentity for me before he died, and he's still a nonentity now. The least they could have done was throw in some Jolinar or Lantash. But why not just have Frasier and only Frasier?

                                And, I have to say that I'm beginning to have my own doubts about the writers' ability to write Carter without shipping her. I've never subscribed to the "they're just toying with the shippers" theory, but this episode does make a compelling case. Don't get me wrong, this episode and all of its allusions to the alternate Carters' situations were intended as a nod to the shippers, but the majority of those allusions were really cowardly ambiguous. It's just bizzarre that at this point they won't end this plotline. And the constant adoration of Sam really needs to stop. It's too much, too often, and too meaningless. Cripes, at this point I think they'd ship Carter with a paper bag if the bag could ogle her.

                                These complaints aside, I liked the episode too much to let these disappointments ruin the whole thing for me. It was the best episode of the season, even if I do hope it gets usurped by Stronghold.
                                I swear Golfbooy you are channeling my thoughts. Now don't get me wrong I did enjoy this ep, the Carters, the Janet we did get - thank goodness the real Carter is back, at least in this ep. It is inexcusable that TPTB did not see fit to have anything
                                Spoiler:
                                of import between Sam and Janet
                                . Absolutely missed opportunity (again) to have Cassie play a part w/o her presence.

                                I was so disappointed with the Martouf stuff, especially that stupid
                                Spoiler:
                                near-kiss,
                                what a joke, IMO, and then to see that all they gave Carter and Janet was
                                Spoiler:
                                the hug scene,
                                which felt extremely awkward to me.
                                Spoiler:
                                I swear if I was not able to suspend belief and pretend that they actually spoke off-screen the hug scene would have made me think they had not seen each other at all before that (and IF they HAD SPOKEN to each other even just once don't you think the maternity leave thing would have come up during one of their chats not as she is leaving
                                - geesh these writers, producers, directors (what the [email protected]@@ was PDL thinking with that stupid cut scene - he needs to really grow up too - thank God it was cut!) are really slippping in many ways).

                                If they had to have Carter with Martouf so much it is beyond my comprehension why they felt it necessary to keep that stupid
                                Spoiler:
                                near kiss
                                in and take out whay could have been a very poignant scene when they are discussing the fact that
                                Spoiler:
                                Carter killed the Martouf in her universe -
                                it shows their juvenile bent towards the must have references to, or alusion, to sex or ship in every instance possible even if it is idiotic, IMO.

                                On the other hand, I am starting to think, as I type this out, that maybe, and this is a BIG HUGE maybe with these guys, what if they are going to use this scene as a jumping off point for later use of the Jolinar stuff? If they do I will forgive them this trangression. Perhaps they will reference back to this scene as
                                Spoiler:
                                a "reawakening" so-to-speak of Jolinar's memories and feelings so that they can creat a relationship between Carter and vala at that level in S10.
                                If they do this I say Bravo - if they do not I say grow up from the childish, immature, fanboys who have to push the sexual innuendo and the shippy behaviour crap.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X