Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan
    I would have liked to seen the black daniel be ethical. his character still seems off to me this year. He was playing up the "I dont believe in AU" which makes no sense and then rolled his eyes at Carters explanation at the end.... sense when.

Spoiler:
    Sam rules. As to Martouf and Janet. Everyone did great in this ep. Only one bad line... ironically it is one BB asked for but lets face it Shep did it soooo much better I think JM should have come up with something better for Mitchell.
    Spoiler:

Yeah I didn't quite understand Daniel's lack of belief in the multiple universe either. Daniel is the one who found the mirror, he of all people should have totally supported Sam. I'm not trying to knock this episode, it is quite enjoyable if you can ignore the fact that everyone is still acting out of character at times.

Ok, to be fair...things I enjoyed about Ripple Effect...

Loved the scene with Janet and Teal'c/Daniel.

Loved the good-bye scene at the end.

Totally enjoyed the scene with Sam interviewing AU Sam.
    I just get a kick seeing Sam really connect with herself.

I enjoyed the scene with Mitchell/Mitchell joking it up in the cafeteria.

Loved seeing Janet and Martouf again.

I'm sure there are more scenes, I'll post more after I rewatch the second showing.

I really did like the episode, and will probably watch it several times more, I'm just disappointed in certain aspects of where they are going with Sam and I just keep hoping the writers will let Sam move on and quite bring back ghosts from her past.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Spoiler:
      Oh I have no issues with Sam's feelings for Martouf. Had this been the only episode this season to deal with this sort of thing I wouldn't have minded it at all. What bothers me is that we have already had Barrett pratically asking Sam out, Orlin professing his love for Sam, and now Sam telling Martouf how much she's missed him and nearly kissing him. I can understand Sam missed Martouf, but I wanted to see something of Janet. And when Sam wasn't working on the problem at hand, she was getting information about who she was involved with in another realty.

The scene with Janet and Daniel/Teal'c was really touching and so what I had been hoping for with Sam. It really made me miss Janet. I just wish the writers would get off their kick of Sam and her merry band of admirers. This episode could have been absolutely fantasic if they had just allowed Sam to be Sam. Sam never behaved this way with Martouf in previous episodes, so why now all of a sudden? This has nothing to do who Sam belongs with in this reality. It has to do with the fact that they are rewriting Sam's past to make her appear as she's done things she hasn't. Which is seriously starting to bug me.

Spoiler:
      I understand what you are saying, but I think our Sam would do this. Her past with Martouf, for me, suggests that these feelings could have surfaced. So it was believable to me. Sam also acted in character with Barrett--she has no plans to go out with him. And she acted in character with Orlin---cares for him, but is not in the least romantically interested in him. I think she was in character with Martouf. I think old feelings came up, and she started to act on them, and then, bingo--not going to go any further.

It is true that they are bringing back admirers for Sam, but I think she has acted in character with all of them so far. They are going overboard, but the Sam/Martouf scenes did not negate the Sam in this episode who found the solution, was resourceful, and even gave some orders.

I guess I liked the humor in it. I liked Daniel and Teal'c's reaction to the honeymoon line, for example. There were so many things I thought were funny. And I liked the twists that happened. I wanted to know what was going to happen in this episode--and that happens so rarely for me these days!

Completely agree that we needed more conversation between Sam and Janet, no doubt. They did hug, but it was not enough, given they are best friends. I'm afraid that TPTB/Scifi still go much more for "shippy" moments than they do female friendship moments. Daniel/Janet shippers can be happy; fans who liked Sam and Martouf probably like those scenes, and I think the implication is that Sam is definitely married to Jack in some of these AUs. But even with all this, we had great Sam technobabble with other Sams; Sam with the Asgard and being annoyed with him; and Sam with Dr. Lee, and same figuring it out in the end.

Comment

Erm... Uh... Not to be a huge pest or anything, but could you please post a summary? Nothing too detailed or anything, since you guys have been amazingly specific - just somethin that hits the points chronologically. I am so lost. Thanks!

/polite request

Hop to it! Yes, that means you, ann_sgcfan.

Comment

I am just totally and completely frustrated with that entire episode. Gah! The only bright spot?
          Spoiler:
          Janet asking about Jack
          sigpic

Comment

Did anyone just read the deleted scenes on the first page of Gateworld? Did i read it right about Sam and Cameron???

SuSiE_SG1
            Major Sam/Jack Shipper!

Comment

Originally posted by SuSiE_SG1
              Did anyone just read the deleted scenes on the first page of Gateworld? Did i read it right about Sam and Cameron???
              Yes, hence the Samandan outing, to go and break PDL's knees.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Yes, hence the Samandan outing, to go and break PDL's knees.
                All i can say is holy crap, i didnt see that one coming!

SuSiE_SG1
                Major Sam/Jack Shipper!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Erm... Uh... Not to be a huge pest or anything, but could you please post a summary? Nothing too detailed or anything, since you guys have been amazingly specific - just somethin that hits the points chronologically. I am so lost. Thanks!

/polite request

Hop to it! Yes, that means you, ann_sgcfan.
                  look in the episode thread and there I posted a quick summary (may be more detailed in some areas then you wanted). hopefully that helps.
                  Spoiler:
                  however i left out the near kiss between in Martouf and Sam. My mind tends to skip over the things it just doesn't want to see or think about.
                  Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 20 January 2006, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                    I am just totally and completely frustrated with that entire episode. Gah! The only bright spot?
                    Spoiler:
                    Janet asking about Jack
                    yes in my mind
                    Spoiler:
                    AU Sam's are married, on materinty leave with Jack's child, no longer living with Martouf because she and JAck are together at last!!! you kow how tptb are not going to tell you anything leaving it up you your imagination. so I refuse to belive anything else. I understand your frustration
                    I still thought it was a good epiosde. Having to draw my own conclusion is what I'm use to from tptb.

Comment

I did, actually. The minute the guest star was announced. I was surprised how reserved TPTB were/ But before anyone comes down to practice their leg breaking tactics on me first, I'd just like to point out that not surprised does NOT mean happy.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Janet asking about Jack
                        yes I agree and to add to my first thought
                        Spoiler:
                        why can't tptb finish the story they started!! Eight years in development.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                          yes I agree and to add to my first thought
                          Spoiler:
                          why can't tptb finish the story they started!! Eight years in development.
                          No kidding. They certainly do manage to gain great delight in ticking off a certain contingent over and over and over and over and over...
                          sigpic

Comment

No kidding. They certainly do manage to gain great delight in ticking off a certain contingent over and over and over and over and over...
                            Not just a certain contingent, every contingent. Remember that it was all so vague, that it probably narked every contingent, because it didn't confirm anything for ANYONE.

Comment

yeah. that and some other reasons have me reading more fanfic then watching the show on friday night. tonight is the first time I watched the rerun.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                                yeah. that and some other reasons have me reading more fanfic then watching the show on friday night. tonight is the first time I watched the rerun.
                                I teach debating on tuesday nights. At first I was gutted and tried my damndest to get it rescheduled. Over time, it's just like "so what? I'll see it in a few months." A few months? But that's what it's come to. I don't care anymore. I rescheduled for Ripple Effect, but I'm starting to wonder if it was worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X