Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc
    I know what you mean, but I don't think so. I think that even if you didn't like Vala, you'd give the show a shot and not quit watching right away === plus viewers were probably waiting to see how the team would shape up, and what happened to Sam and Jack, and Sam coming back. There are alot of reasons why the first five episodes were watched. After Vala left, the show still had good ratings until now.

IMO, some casual viewers have become bored with the show, or don't like ALL the changes. There are SO MANY changes this year, and it has been difficult to get used to them. I have friends who are just bored with it---Mitchell is not exciting them. Sam is not in it that much. The writing is not as good as it was. I'm bored with it, I hate to say. I'm just holding out and watching because of AT. But I have to say, I have no interest in buying the season 9 DVDs at this point. I have the first eight seasons, but season 9 is just not that good in general to me.

I think the "new direction" is suffering. They are making too many changes, and not writing team shows. Where's the stargate? It's like alot of fans are saying on the threads---they have so many questions about what the heck is going on. So many things just don't make sense. Where's Jack? Why are the characters out of character? What's up with this new leader? Why isn't Sam on more, and do more than babysitting--why isn't she leader? Give us a reason. Season 9 is SO different from the first eight seasons. Why did they have to think they had to FIX things when they weren't broke. the second half of season 8 and 7 did very well in the ratings. Why change things so drastically? We need a bit of the old feeling back, and definitely more Sam!!!

And Altantis is suffering too---it's okay, but not that compelling.
    Great post ... can't rep you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      I think TPTB have problems with writing ship, they can handle a one planet stand but that's about all. Maybe they should just steer clear of ship, until they can get a good ship writer. Hey Skydiver want to offer
      huggles.

you haven't been talking to my shippy friends have you? cause they're always ragging me since sam and jack never really 'get together' in my fic
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        huggles.

you haven't been talking to my shippy friends have you? cause they're always ragging me since sam and jack never really 'get together' in my fic
        hey who said anything about sam and jack. jacks gone baby! its teal'c time!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          hey who said anything about sam and jack. jacks gone baby! its teal'c time!
          Hey how about a threesome
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

You know they could do worse...Teal'c and Sam at least have great mutual respect going. But I want to see more friendship with the big 3--heck even with Cam. I just found it hard to believe that Sam would
            Spoiler:
            stand around figuratively wringing her hands in Collateral Damage. She'd be in there trying to solve the problem. That's what she does when one of her friends is in trouble.
            IMHO, that would have reinforced the friendship aspect much more.

Comment

huggles.

And they never really get together on Stargate either
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

And they never really get together on Stargate either
                which is the way it should be

...ppl are gunna start throwing things at me now arent they?
                - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                  Anybody remember the "Kleenex" campaign in support of S5 or S6 (can't remember which one) of Stargate, or the "Tabasco Sauce" campaign in support of Roswell? It got attention.

How about once production starts back up, we each send in a letter of support for Amanda along with a box of blue jello? Perhaps along with praising Amanda, we can also mention how much we'd like to see her get to direct again.
                  More blue jello? I like the sound of that. I sent nine boxes (they just fit perfectly in the box I had) to Bridge last year, during our last blue jello campaign. And all season, I've been wondering if the blue jello we see on camera (made by craft services) was actually purchased by us! Tee-hee! Just wondering!

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                    Yay! She goes back the day before my birthday.
                    Yay! She goes back the day after my birthday.

Comment

Hey how about a threesome
                      Captions: Sam says: "Enough of these "band" photos already Cameron."
                      Daniel thinking: I'm too tired to care. Where is my coffee?
                      Teal'c thinking: Well at least I get to snuggle Col. Carter.

Comment

huggles.

Well, then, if Sam and Jack just don't quite seem to fit together in your fic -

More Sam/Teal'c!!!
                        Please!

(can you tell I want more fic? )
                        ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          More blue jello? I like the sound of that. I sent nine boxes (they just fit perfectly in the box I had) to Bridge last year, during our last blue jello campaign. And all season, I've been wondering if the blue jello we see on camera (made by craft services) was actually purchased by us! Tee-hee! Just wondering!
                          Well there's food for thought
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            More blue jello? I like the sound of that. I sent nine boxes (they just fit perfectly in the box I had) to Bridge last year, during our last blue jello campaign.
                            Wow. Nine boxes. And I agree, I don't know why we can't do it again. After all, one can never have too much blue jello.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                              which is the way it should be

...ppl are gunna start throwing things at me now arent they?
                              Not I.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                                And Altantis is suffering too---it's okay, but not that compelling.
                                Hmm? Could Atlantis be suffering because they depend on SG1 for ratings
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X