Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LORD MONK
    She is also SG-1's Kirk. Yes I said it, She is always kirking. And f you don't thing so then just look at all of the people she has bean with. On this planet and others.

GO CARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See that's where I disagree with you. I do not consider Sam as having 'been with' any of these men. I see men who are infatuated with Sam, who openly express their interest in Sam, but very rarely do we see Sam show an interest in them the same way. I'm not sure what you would call it. Kirk, always appeared to want to kiss the girl, whereas Sam seems to be thrown into situations where she has to deal with men who care for her but she doesn't reciprocate their feelings. Honestly, I don't mean to be rude here, but I see Sam much the same way I see the actors from Stargate at a con. Here you have a person who is flaunted over, admired, adored, ect... however, that does not mean that the person on the receiving end really wants to be in a relationship with any of the fans. They are just being kind and compassionate. They may hug or give someone a small kiss, but there is really no intention of starting a relationship. This is how I see Sam.

Hanson was a freak and Sam showed little interest to want to be with him again.

Narim expressed an interest in Sam, he even shared his feelings for her through a device. I think Sam liked Narim, he was intelligent and charming, but I don't believe she felt the same way about him as he did for her. The revelation of his feelings through the device seemed to throw her off-guard, as if she wasn't expecting it. I think she may have been overwhelmed by his emotions and simply chose to express her gratitude for being so forthcoming with her by kissing him good-bye, but I think it's obvious from their second encounter that she didn't share his feelings. Friendship yes, but I don't consider what they had as a romantic relationship.

Martouf - I think Sam cared very deeply for Martouf, but she was so overwhelmed and confused by the feelings she shared with Jolinar that she wouldn't allow herself to get too involved with him.

Lantash - The same goes for Lantash. In the scene with Elliot in the caves, he tells her that Lantash loved her and you see Sam flinch. It's like she's thinking to herself, "Oh no not again". Never do we see Sam tell Lantash that she felt the same way. I don't doubt that Sam cares for these men, but it's not as if she is putting herself into a romantic or sexual relationship with any of them.

Orlin: This is one of the only men that Sam has come into contact where I really felt as if she was beginning to care for him. I truly believe that if things had been different, Sam may have actually allowed herself to become emotionally involved with him. When Orlin tells Sam that she cares for him in the park, I really do believe she was beginning to like him, but I don't believe she felt the same way for him as he did for her. It may have just been the beginnings of a great friendship and possibly more, but it definitely wasn't love as Orlin expressed at the beginning of the episode. As far as Sam/Orlin actually having an intimate relationship, I do believe that what he did with her with the glowly thing was very intimate; however, I don't believe this involved sex as we know it. Intimate does not mean sexual. I can have an intimate dinner party for four, but that does not mean an orgy will conclude the evening. The scene with Lam, Landry and Sam still irritates me.

Fifth: I think Sam felt empathy for Fifth. He was unlike the other human replicators and they made him feel inferior because of that difference. I think when Sam looked into Fifth's eyes she saw something of herself in him. She may have recalled a childhood where she felt as if she didn't belong or where she was constantly being told how different she was. I think she saw the loneliness in Fifths eyes and wanted to help him and I think it hurt her deeply to betray him in the way that she did. But I do not feel that Sam ever loved Fifth.

Felger: I think Felger's interest in Sam is a mixture of admiration and idolation. I never got the feeling that he loved Sam. It was more like an awe. Sam is probably the type of woman Felger has always dreamed of finding. She's beautiful, kind, and extremely intelligent, but I also think he is utterly in awe of her just as he is with the other members of SG-1. He does not care for the real Sam, he cares for the woman he's conjured in his own mind.

McKay like Felger seems to be infatuated with Sam, and although he may be harmless, I seriously don't see Sam sharing his romantic interest.

Barrett was a nice enough guy, but I think Sam pretty much shot him down twice thus expressing her disinterest in exploring a relationship with him. Friendship yes, but nothing more.

Corso: I don't believe he really had any true interest in Sam. I think he was just flirting with her, much the same way Reynard with Jonas, in hopes that a few sweet words would win Sam over and obviously Sam wasn't impressed or interested.

Pete, well we all have our own feelings about Pete. However, in my mind this is the only romantic/sexual relationship Sam has had with anyone in the past eight years.

and then there's Jack...but I won't get into that debate.

So I have to disagree, I do not believe Sam has been kirk'ed because in my mind Kirking involved mutual agreement that there is an attraction and I don't believe that has been the case with Sam. However, I am personally becoming quite tired of the petty way the writers seem to make men swoon over Sam's beauty. We get the point, enough already. If the writers really want to impress me then show me a female guest star who is intrigued by Sam's intelligence and/or interested in the her military experience. Maybe then we'd actually get an interesting story involving Sam.

Edit: Oops totally forgot about Joe. Oh well.
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 18 January 2006, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      I've never sent mail internationally before... would a postcard make it? I mean... it's only a hop up REALLY north, but I wasn't sure if it would survive the postal service...
      Spaz, this your "voix" speaking. The mails I sent you survived the postal service and crossing an ocean. Actually that's what you told me, and you wouldn't dare lying to your "voix" my dear spaz.
      So, why wouldn't your postcard survive when there's only trees and more trees crossing involved ?
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        See that's where I think you are wrong. I do not consider Sam as having 'been with' any of these men. I see men who are infatuated with Sam, who openly express their interest in Sam, but very rarely do we see Sam show an interest in them the same way. I'm not sure what you would call it. Kirk, always appeared to want to kiss the girl, whereas Sam seems to be thrown into situations where she has to deal with men who care for her but she doesn't reciprocate their feelings.

Hanson was a freak and Sam showed little interest to want to be with him again.

Narim expressed an interest in Sam, he even shared his feelings for her through a device. I think Sam liked Narim, he was intelligent and charming, but I don't believe she felt the same way about him as he did for her. The revelation of his feelings through the device seemed to throw her off-guard, as if she wasn't expecting it. I think she may have been overwhelmed by his emotions and simply chose to express her gratitude for being so forthcoming with her by kissing him good-bye, but I think it's obvious from their second encounter that she didn't share his feelings. Friendship yes, but I don't consider what they had as a romantic relationship.

Martouf - I think Sam cared very deeply for Martouf, but she was so overwhelmed and confused by the feelings she shared with Jolinar that she wouldn't allow herself to get too involved with him.

Lantash - The same goes for Lantash. In the scene with Elliot in the caves, he tells her that Lantash loved her and you see Sam flinch. It's like she's thinking to herself, "Oh no not again". Never do we see Sam tell Lantash that she felt the same way. I don't doubt that Sam cares for these men, but it's not as if she is putting herself into a romantic or sexual relationship with any of them.

Orlin: This is one of the only men that Sam has come into contact where I really felt as if she was beginning to care for him. I truly believe that if things had been different, Sam may have actually allowed herself to become emotionally involved with him. When Orlin tells Sam that she cares for him in the park, I really do believe she was beginning to like him, but I don't believe she felt the same way for him as he did for her. It may have been the beginnings of someone who may or may not have been more of a friend, but it definitely wasn't love. As far as Sam/Orlin actually having an intimate relationship, I do believe that what he did with her with the glowly thing was very intimate; however, I don't believe this involved sex as we know it. Intimate does not mean sexual. I can have an intimate dinner party for four, but that does not mean an orgy will conclude the evening. I think people take

Fifth: I think Sam felt empathy for Fifth. He was alike the other human replicators and they made him feel inferior because of that difference. I think when Sam looked into Fifth's eyes she saw something of herself in him. She may have recalled a childhood where she felt as if she didn't belong or where she was constantly being told how different she was. I think she saw the loneliness in Fifths eyes and wanted to help him and I think it hurt her deeply to betray him in the way that she did. But I do not feel that Sam ever loved Fifth.

Felger: I think Felger's interest in Sam is a mixture of admiration and idolation. I never got the feeling that he loved Sam. It was more like an awe. Sam is probably the type of woman Felger has always dreamed of finding. She's beautiful, kind, and extremely intelligent, but I also think he is utterly in awe of her just as he is with the other members of SG-1. He does not care for the real Sam, he cares for the woman he's conjured in his own mind.

McKay like Felger seems a infatuated with Sam, and although he may be harmless, I seriously see Sam sharing his romantic interest.

Barrett was a nice enough guy, but I think Sam pretty much shot him down twice thus expressing her disinterest in exploring a relationship with him. Friendship yes, but nothing more.

Corso: I don't believe he really had any true interest in Sam. I think he was just flirting with her, much the same way Reynard with Jonas, in hopes that a few sweet words would win Sam over.

Pete, well we all have our own feelings about Pete. However, in my mind this is the only romantic/sexual relationship Sam has had with anyone in the past eight years.

and then there's Jack...but I won't get into that debate.

So I have to disagree, I do not believe Sam has been kirk'ed because in my mind Kirking involved mutual agreement that there is an attraction and I don't believe that has been the case with Sam. However, I am personally becoming quite tired of the petty way the writers seem to make men swoon over Sam's beauty. We get the point, enough already. If the writers really want to impress me then show me a female guest star who is intrigued by Sam's intelligence and/or interested in the her military experience. Maybe then we'd actually get an interesting story involving Sam.

Edit: Oops totally forgot about Joe. Oh well.
        Niiiice rundown of the list, Kat. I have to agree. Though I must say that seeing Sam's somewhat flirty side with McKay, Barrett and Corso was interesting, to say the least. Nothing substantial, and certainly nothing physical. Just flirting. But, if I understand the definition of "kirking" well enough, that's not QUITE it.

I agree that it's getting kind of old. I mean, come on, we all know Sam's awesome, but I feel like the writers have put Sam (and, by association, AT) in a difficult situation development-wise, when they do that. Now, people are given the opportunity to read whatever shippiness they want in a simple glance or touch... It's very irritating, because I'd bet AT's not always playing it to be shippy anyway....

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
          I think it is an issue with how one defines kirking.
          Carter has certainly had an unsual amount of male aliens\humans who apparently really, really liked her. This is slightly annoying and is the beginnings of kirkage.. However, Carter has not exactly ended up with most of these guys (no kissyface) and did not appear to want to take advantage of the situation to "get some".

So for me Kirking is not that every offworlder thinks you 'da bomb' (though that is annoying). Kirking is when the guy\girl takes advantage of those offworlders to get them a little (lots of kissyface). JMHO
          Kirking to me is the writers or corporate suits intentionally sticking a lead (usually the male lead) in a sexual encounter that lasts all of 5 or 10 minutes in one episode, no romance, no thought... just simple primal urge and a way to gather a bit more of the young male demographic for an hour during ratings sweeps weeks to boost their ratings so they can charge more for their ads.

That hasn't been Sam. Her relationships were long ones (implied length of time with Hanson, over many months with Pete and over a period of time with Orlin, Martouf, Joe, and *gasp* even her indefiniable ship with Jack). None of them were wham-bam-thank-you-ma'm kind of encounters. They were real relationships, some with some pretty high ups and downs. Now... yes... I do think that they (TPTB) upped the sex factor for Chimera for ratings.... "See Sam Nekkid" But these were relationships, long ones, that Sam invested time, effort and love into and they impacted her life and her character both short term and long term.
          Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Actually, there's no evidence that she actually slept with Jonas. In fact, I would go as far as to say she didn't sleep with Jonas. Ok, they were engaged, but in those days she was super idealistic, and as a catholic, I think that she would have been holding back.
          Respectfully gotta disagree with ya there hon. Jonas was not Jack (i.e. respectful of her wishes). And since Sam said all the interesting things in her life didn't start happening to her until she was 15, and, even more so given the type of man Jonas Hanson was... *shakes head* nope. Jonas was an all about me kind of man and that included certain physical needs...... IMOHO, of course. I'd love to agree with you, and there are many who do hold to their ideals and morals concerning physical intimacy, some for a very long time, but I don't see Sam's religious background or ideals stopping her from experimenting. (Now I do see her after her involvement in the SGC... ahhh.... perhaps not doing "it" so much herself because of time factors of the SGC and ship complications given her current career....)
          Originally posted by chocdoc
          Sidenote: ShimmeringStar---fabulous fanfic, Comfort Zone. It was a joy to read and I finally had a chance to do so. I'm really behind these days! Thanks for a great fanfic!
          (((chocdoc))) Thanks for the feedback! I know many Samandans have some pretty high reading standards (and others don't like S/J ship), so it's nice to see how it came across.
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Hi everyone, I am asking for a little help. I got lost in the quagmire of cyberspace I am looking for a place where I can get some Amanda photos to use. I'm just not sure where to find the one's which are the right size for my signature.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I'm keeping spoilers to a bare minimum, given that I don't want spoiler tag issues in this. If anyone feels the spoilers are excessive, let me know and I will alter it.

RIPPLE EFFECT SURVIVAL KIT
              Courtesy of another Ooober/Tracy MSN chat

1) A Picture of Jack To remind yourself that he does exist.
              2) Extra Blue Jello Considering Spoilers, the Comissary is gonna be in short supply
              3) Tissues We're gonna need them. If only to wipe up drool and the effects of ECF!
              4) Pre Divide & Conquer DVDs To get the real band back together

And, of course

5) Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream Can be substituted with Fudge ripple, as long as there's a ripple efect.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                it's redemption. right before mckay's plan gets sam shocked

you know what i think would be good, what if we all, as in as many of us that want to, get together and all send in our own letters of support for AT in a few weeks.

each person can do whatever they want, letter, note, post card, jello

just take a few, send in your notes of support, and if we all get together and mail them roughly the 17th of feb or so, then they should arrive jsut when she does

we can welcome her back to the set with a 'flood' of good vibes
                I think it's a great idea. I'd be willing to do it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Hi everyone, I am asking for a little help. I got lost in the quagmire of cyberspace I am looking for a place where I can get some Amanda photos to use. I'm just not sure where to find the one's which are the right size for my signature.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
                  A great place to find picturs of Sam is stargatecaps.com, and you can also find some great pictures at amandatapping.com. I hope that helps.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The line "getting the band back together." really irks me

If they were really "getting the band back together" it would include Jack, or at least not Cam. And it sounds so phoney coming out of Gen. Hammonds mouth.
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

If they were really "getting the band back together" it would include Jack, or at least not Cam. And it sounds so phoney coming out of Gen. Hammonds mouth.
                      Haha, now that you mention it, I DO wonder how General Hammond could've possibly known about Cameron's little phrase... Did he use those exact words?

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                        Spaz, this your "voix" speaking. The mails I sent you survived the postal service and crossing an ocean. Actually that's what you told me, and you wouldn't dare lying to your "voix" my dear spaz.
                        So, why wouldn't your postcard survive when there's only trees and more trees crossing involved ?
                        No reason... Just preparing for the unexpected... NORMAL postcards can last the trip, but somehow I can totally see mine getting sucked out of the airplane by some freak accident...

Comment

I didn't realise Hammond used it, I was referring to Cam. And, yes I agree, hence my comment in the Survival Guide about the *real* band.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

No reason... Just preparing for the unexpected... NORMAL postcards can last the trip, but somehow I can totally see mine getting sucked out of the airplane by some freak accident...
                            But it's not a normal postcard, it's yours. I suspect a spaztic postcard to have at least some skills in skydiving.
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                              But it's not a normal postcard, it's yours. I suspect a spaztic postcard to have at least some skills in skydiving.
                              *contemplates this information*

Yeah, I suppose it could totally wing it should the unthinkable occur in transit. I mean, how hard is it to let gravity take its course? It's the hitch-hiking its way to Vancouver that I'm worried about.

Comment

Haha, now that you mention it, I DO wonder how General Hammond could've possibly known about Cameron's little phrase... Did he use those exact words?
                                Unfortuneately yes he did use those exact words. I thought he was going to choke on them.

I guess that's the writers trying to shove it down our throats again.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X