Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevil
    Actually she didn't have 'relations' the went beyond. Narim had a thing for her, she liked him - they kissed once. He died, the end.

Martouf and her; well they had no relationship - he certianly liked her, and she liked him. Nothing happened, she wasn't Jolinar and she didn't let anything happen. Plus, she was confused with him - often.

Joe: She got married to him, changed the timeline - he subsequently died (or was left behind) on an Aschen world. Nothing happened.

She was engaged to Jonas, but hell - Daniel, Jack and Teal'c were married.

She was engaged to Pete; she couldn't be with him - they broke up. This is the only relationship she had because Jack and her had a 'non' relationship...

Caring or liking someone doesn't mean 'something more' and definatly does not equal kirking around. Your logic is confused and does not resemble any logic I have seen.
    I think it is an issue with how one defines kirking.
    Carter has certainly had an unsual amount of male aliens\humans who apparently really, really liked her. This is slightly annoying and is the beginnings of kirkage.. However, Carter has not exactly ended up with most of these guys (no kissyface) and did not appear to want to take advantage of the situation to "get some".

So for me Kirking is not that every offworlder thinks you 'da bomb' (though that is annoying). Kirking is when the guy\girl takes advantage of those offworlders to get them a little (lots of kissyface). JMHO
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally Posted by Skydiver
      take more than a couple
      Originally posted by Tracy Jane: Well, we'll just have to shove the whole damn chicken down the dress, then.
      Originally posted by Skydiver: bawk, bawk
      Originally posted by Tracy Jane: Lovely to see you're having one of your saner and more mature days, Sky.
      Originally posted by Simhavaktra: imagines irate chicken heads unexpectedly popping up out of Danny's décolletage, and shakes head rapidly until image goes away:: ::sits down abruptly ::

You've heard of a push-up bra? Well, now everyone's clucking about the new Pullet Bra!!! (And it is a wonder )

Jack: "Danny-boy - is that your bra squawking again, or do you like the looks of the Minister of Finance?"

Daniel: "Jack, it's your turn to wear native costume next - and to dance with the Minister of Agriculture right now. By-ye!!!"

Jack: "Daniel! Get back here! You chicken - chickens!!!!"

Me wonders what kind of a flap the Royal Hens of Samanda will be in after reading this!

*featherbrained deepspace departs the chook-filled-dress discussion*

sidenote: I got to hold a chook a few weeks ago. She was so calm and relaxed sitting in my hands.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Ooober and I had an enlightening chat earlier, that we thought you'd like to read. It deals with various issues surrounding Carter, Mitchell and Ship.

Section One: Carter vs Sam

The fice being discussed is my latest (and first) smut offering over at http://www.stargate-intel.net

Section Two: Cameron Mitchell (minor spoilers for collateral damage and season nine)

Section Three: Exposition Girl: Work Vs Pleasure
        Very interesting chat you two had.

On the Carter vs Sam, I think Jack can put as much tenderness in a "Carter" than Sam can in a "Sir". And before Über, Tracy and Spaz jump up and down, I'm still not a shipper but I love that they care for each other. I feel that all is in the tone they use to call each other, not how they call each other. I don't know if I make sense here, but that's how I see it. I don't feel very comfortable when I read in fanfics Jack calling Sam by her first name. It's like if it wasn't the real Jack. Same goes when Sam is calling him Jack.

About Cam. Yesterday, I was watching Redemption. And it hit me how much I learned in only one episode about Jonas and how he related to the other members of SG1. Now, we're on the second half of season 9 and Cam is still like a stranger for me. Obviously we've learned about his past but that's not what's going to make me care about the character. I want to know how he met SG1, especially Sam. They seemed in Avalon to be friends for a long time. Where did they meet, how ? I want to know. But the problem is in my opinion that Cam came in SG1 and no one on the team really commented about that. I mean, they're a very closed team. They've known each other for eight years and there's this newbie who's given command and they just say yes like that ! Well, they even didn't say yes, they said nothing at all. It's very hard to be part of a very closed group of friends when you're the new one. We had the good exemple with Jonas when he tried to fit in the team. It was well done especially I loved how Sam was first not very fond of him and then became like his surrogate big sister. There's nothing like that with Cam. That's the problem. We don't see him trying to get along with them. He's just there.
        Spoiler:
        I admit I loved to learn a little about him in Collateral Dommage, and it was finally nice to see the team together and not split all around the universe, but what I learned didn't answer why Sam, Daniel and Teal'c care about him.

About Sam being exposition girl. It has always been her role in SG1 and she's always going to be exposition girl. But it doesn't mean she has to be only that. Like you, I'd love to hear her comment a little on the people she cares about. Über often says she loves the compassion in Sam. I agree. Sam cares about people. She's always the first one to show her support when they're hurt. I'd like to hear her say that whenever she goes to the infirmary she's thinking about Janet. I'd like her her to say how much she misses her dad. I'd like her to give the rest of the team news from Cassie.I want to see those little scenes I enjoyed so much between the characters. You know this thing called character development. Darn, I need to watch old episodes. I'm in team withdrawal.
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace

Me wonders what kind of a flap the Royal Hens of Samanda will be in after reading this!

*featherbrained deepspace departs the chook-filled-dress discussion*

sidenote: I got to hold a chook a few weeks ago. She was so calm and relaxed sitting in my hands.
          Hey, ds ... let's keep our hands off the chooks, huh?! What with this nasty avian flu going around ...

And Lady Kluck (moi) has no trouble with dressing Danny up!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            well, sam does get around , but she hasn't actually 'been with' that many. most were just admirers that sam enjoyed the attentions of. she actually slept with, though, jonas hanson (off screen) and pete. joe faxon was a hubby from a timeline that never was to be. martouf, joe (right timeline), narim, and orlin were guys she 'didn't' sleep with. oh, and jack, who she wanted to but didn't. yet.

sally
            Actually, there's no evidence that she actually slept with Jonas. In fact, I would go as far as to say she didn't sleep with Jonas. Ok, they were engaged, but in those days she was super idealistic, and as a catholic, I think that she would have been holding back.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
              I think it is an issue with how one defines kirking.
              Carter has certainly had an unsual amount of male aliens\humans who apparently really, really liked her. This is slightly annoying and is the beginnings of kirkage.. However, Carter has not exactly ended up with most of these guys (no kissyface) and did not appear to want to take advantage of the situation to "get some".

So for me Kirking is not that every offworlder thinks you 'da bomb' (though that is annoying). Kirking is when the guy\girl takes advantage of those offworlders to get them a little (lots of kissyface). JMHO
              I think I have to agree here. For me, Kirking is Character of the Week romances, however far they tend to go, so yeah, for me Sam has kirked quite a bit. But I think, to the credit of the writers (for once), they turned this into one of Sam's many facets, that she had men and they died, not allowing her to pursue the relationship. They managed to turn the farce into something credible for Sam, that they acknowledged in Chimera.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                She is also SG-1's Kirk. Yes I said it, She is always kirking. And f you don't thing so then just look at all of the people she has bean with. On this planet and others.

GO CARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Firstly, I think this is an issue to be discussed in Staks. That's the place for Kirk talk.

Originally posted by Agent Dark
                Well I've always thought that Sam/Shep would be the ultimate ship pairing...
                As for you, did you ever check out my special Christmas fic which was based on exactly that. Sam/Jack shippers... don't have a heart attack... it's meant to be a parody.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                  Dude... that's the funniest thing I've read in a while... well today...

LMAO!!
                  Glad you enjoyed. I take it you've seen Little Britain. Well, this is the point at which we find out the comedy trivia of Samandans. This joke could get very lost.

Comment

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                      Fantastic idea, jckfan!! Like a special, "honorary" one!!!

So what else could we come up with to show Amanda our support? Again, if we can all agree on something, I'd volunteer to make it happen!
                      Anyone???

I definitely think it would be good to show our support when AT returns on Feb 20 -- at least maybe in terms of a bunch of us sending in letters of support around that time. I really really appreciate the fact that she is returning for season 10 and I think Bridge Studios should know that we want Sam in a major role, as usual. I guess in many ways they already know this---given the strong response after GABIT---and given the support given to AT in general, but I don't think it hurts to coordinate writing letters together.

Do others feel the same way?

Sidenote: ShimmeringStar---fabulous fanfic, Comfort Zone. It was a joy to read and I finally had a chance to do so. I'm really behind these days! Thanks for a great fanfic!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        Don't lose any sleep worrying about the folks bashing AT on Joe's blog. Some very nasty things have been said about MS, CB, and BB, too; it's hardly been limited to Amanda. You know, these people probably don't even believe half the stuff they spew; they're just trying to rile people up. Even if that's not the case, their views are so extreme that it's very hard to take them seriously. (And when we do take them seriously, we give them power... We should not drag their negativity to our happy place, right?)

Yes, it's sad that such things are being written, but they reflect more poorly on the person writing them than on the person they are writing about. I think Joe takes the right approach by simply ignoring them. They don't deserve his attention.

We may be biased in Amanda's favor, but I think we also follow her public appearances closely enough to see that she's a truly gracious and caring human being. Her acting awards support our belief in her talent, and I would give my left arm to be as fat and old looking as she does at age 40. (Well, okay, I still get ID'ed when I purchase liquor at age 40, so the looking old thing probably doesn't apply, but I'd have to give up a lot of me to be as thin as she is...! ) You know, I'm sure she's not perfect, but I'm equally sure that she is a person worthy of my respect. And no anonymous post on Joe's blog is going to convince me otherwise...

Hey Strix--great post at 26000! on page 1300!

Completely agree with you! I'm amazed at the crap that gets written on JM's blog about all the actors. I wish he could turn off the anonymous feature. It literally could be one or several people writing all of this crap. Maureen Dowd (sp?), columunist, wrote a great article on blogging recently. She mentioned the positive things about it, but that it is also a space where impoliteness and incivility abound! The ability to remain anonymous has led to a lot of acts of cruelty in general. I'm guessing none of the actors read the blog, and even if they did, they know they all have alot of support in general by a lot of fans.

Thanks, Mary Beth and others like Tracy Jane, for writing more balanced posts on that blog!

Comment

Redemption.... a fabulous episode. (Assuming it's redemption not 48 hours?)
                          Last edited by Skydiver; 18 January 2006, 07:34 AM.

Comment

it's redemption. right before mckay's plan gets sam shocked

you know what i think would be good, what if we all, as in as many of us that want to, get together and all send in our own letters of support for AT in a few weeks.

each person can do whatever they want, letter, note, post card, jello

just take a few, send in your notes of support, and if we all get together and mail them roughly the 17th of feb or so, then they should arrive jsut when she does

we can welcome her back to the set with a 'flood' of good vibes
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              it's redemption. right before mckay's plan gets sam shocked

you know what i think would be good, what if we all, as in as many of us that want to, get together and all send in our own letters of support for AT in a few weeks.

each person can do whatever they want, letter, note, post card, jello

just take a few, send in your notes of support, and if we all get together and mail them roughly the 17th of feb or so, then they should arrive jsut when she does

we can welcome her back to the set with a 'flood' of good vibes
                              Great idea, Sky (nearly called you Sam, then).

I know the bit... it's where she's telling McKay the machine is facing the wrong way. I thought it was Redemption, but I get them confused sometimes.

Comment

I've never sent mail internationally before... would a postcard make it? I mean... it's only a hop up REALLY north, but I wasn't sure if it would survive the postal service...

Comment

Working...
                                X