No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, NC, kudos to you, you're fast!! And how can you remember all this so accurately??? (Wanted to green you, but...)

I really enjoyed the chat, it was an interesting experience. Got pretty crazy in there at times, I couldn't even read that fast. (WOoooW).

And yes - Sandy (one of the chat organizers) just announced that she is already working on a transcript and that it will be up pretty soon.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Oh, and for those of you who didn't make it to AT's live chat and who can't wait until Sandy posts the transcript. I have one saved as a word document. If you send me an email message, I'll forward it to anyone who wants one.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Oh, and for those of you who didn't make it to AT's live chat and who can't wait until Sandy posts the transcript. I have one saved as a word document. If you send me an email message, I'll forward it to anyone who wants one.

Kat
        I know I do. I just sent you an email!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          thanks for posting the tidbits NC

Yes! Thank you NC!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            Well, the live chat with Amanda was fun. I saw a lot of you were there, but if you couldn’t be there, here are a few of the questions and answers I thought were interesting.

Q: If you come home from a busy day of filming/acting, what’s the first thing you do when you come home?

A: Kiss my husband and cuddle my dog.

Q: How do things look for Sam Carter in S10, co-leader or leader, a significant and core role in SG-1? Will Carter be in all 20 episodes of SG-1?

A: I don’t know what’s in store for S10. I know that I won’t be in all 20 episodes of SG-1. I do also know that I will be doing some crossover episodes in Atlantis. I don’t know for sure how many of each, but the majority will be SG-1.

Q: Paraphrasing the question here: What’s going on with the non SG-1 roles you were considering?

A: I turned down “The Foursome” and “Whistlers” because of conflicts with SG-1 and family. I did work on Abby Lord. I’m not sure when it’s coming out, but look for me to play a detective in it

More questions and answers to come, as I get them typed up.

NC
            Thanks, NC and Kat too. I'm sure we'll get to read the entire transcript soon. Surprised to hear that she turned down the Christian Slater film as she was photographed with the Whistler director in Vancouver and I thought it was a done deal. So glad to hear that she did do the Lifetime movie, Abby Lord. Can't wait to see that!

Comment

I may be incorrect in my assumption here, but I do not believe these photos are recent, as in December. The reason I say this is because, CJ's little girl was born at the beginning of 2005... a few weeks before Olivia which would make her nearly a year old in December. This baby in the photo is much too small to be a year old in my opinion. Also, if you look at what the girls are wearing, I'd assume these were taken in June/July not December. It's pretty cold in Vancouver in December and I doubt anyone would have their baby dressed like that.

I have a feeling this was something that was taped over the summer and either just aired or reaired.

Kat
              Compared to her daddy's huge frame, I thought his little girl looked about 10 months old. Next to Chris Judge, everyone looks tiny, don't they?!

However you make some good observations. Perhaps someone will confirm the exact date that photoshoot happened. I believe it was broadcast on December 27 though on the local channel in Vancouver.

Comment

Good day all. Hope you don't mind me going OT for a minute here but I would like to put in a quick plug for a movie being released this weekend.

"The Visitation" - based on a book by Frank Peretti is coming out on 1/20 as a limited release movie. It is only due to show on about 200 screens in North America. A couple of friend of mine are producers for the movie. I spent 4 nights filming as an extra for the film. It was fun being on the set - I was an extra for a movie while in college and for an episode of 24. But this one was different - we had to report to the set at 4:00pm and would not finish shoting until between 4:00-6:00am each day. Richard Tyson and Randy Travis keep us laughing between takes in a very cold barn one of the nights.

THE VISITATION
                The true face of terror is revealed in this supernatural thriller based on Frank Peretti's best-selling novel. Miracles are happening in the sleepy town of Antioch, and everyone is talking about the mysterious drifter with the incredible powers. But who is this charismatic stranger -- the true Messiah, a false prophet or something far more sinister? The townspeople are soon divided, and when happenings at the stranger's revival tent take on a bizarre and frightening twist, it's up to an ex-minister to confront his own inner demons and unlock the shocking secret of THE VISITATION.

To get on topic - I'm looking forward to seeing Amanda and Carmen together at Shore-Leave - the first Burbank SG con I attend Carmen was there on Saturday and he talked so lovingly about Amanda and then on Sunday when Amanda was there she talked about how much she enjoyed working with Carmen and the father/daughter like relationship they have. I think they are going to be great together at the con. Plus I look forward to meeting other folks from here at the con. As much fun as seeing the actors is at cons it is the friendships I have made with other people that keeps me going back to cons. I have a group of friends that our yearly meeting is the SG Burbank Con.
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  Well, I put the reference in cos Lys asked me what the Time Warp was.
                  Lys must be very young or never heard of it before then. No offense meant Lys. I thought everyone has at least heard of Rocky Horror.
                  sigpic
                  I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Compared to her daddy's huge frame, I thought his little girl looked about 10 months old. Next to Chris Judge, everyone looks tiny, don't they?!

However you make some good observations. Perhaps someone will confirm the exact date that photoshoot happened. I believe it was broadcast on December 27 though on the local channel in Vancouver.
                    Well from what I can dig up with google, the images that are posted on the MS website come from a special of Urban Rush that was filmed over the summer and was a Stargate: Behind the Scenes special that originally aired on Sept 20, 2005. It was reaired on December 27th and 28th, 2005. But so far, I haven't come across any images of Amanda.

Comment

Thanks to all that told me how to get into the Amanda chat, i just have to say how fantastic it was as i've never been in a chat room before and really did not know what to expect, i don't think WOW is going to cover it as it just made me speechless, oh and also by the fact i just could'nt work out where i had to write my little bit before the mods got in there! I really must learn a bit more about the internet lol.
                      Anyway some lovely questions asked and i had a great time reading all and laughing along with you!
                      ......TARA......

Comment

Okay, Sandy has just posted the chat transcript: http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/archive/2006.html

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

I'm just curious, did anyone else submit substantive questions re: S9 issues? I submitted several questions on the topic, and I see that nothing was really addressed in the chat.

Comment

Well from what I can dig up with google, the images that are posted on the MS website come from a special of Urban Rush that was filmed over the summer and was a Stargate: Behind the Scenes special that originally aired on Sept 20, 2005. It was reaired on December 27th and 28th, 2005. But so far, I haven't come across any images of Amanda.
                            Well there you go! You solved the puzzle! I was expecting MS to be with his baby daughter (Lexa's child) and was surprised to see the older girl.

Keep searching ... you are becoming quite the sleuth!

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                              Lys must be very young or never heard of it before then. No offense meant Lys. I thought everyone has at least heard of Rocky Horror.
                              It's just that I live on a different planet named France, that's all.
                              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                                Thanks to all that told me how to get into the Amanda chat, i just have to say how fantastic it was as i've never been in a chat room before and really did not know what to expect, i don't think WOW is going to cover it as it just made me speechless, oh and also by the fact i just could'nt work out where i had to write my little bit before the mods got in there! I really must learn a bit more about the internet lol.
                                Anyway some lovely questions asked and i had a great time reading all and laughing along with you!
                                LOL Tara, congrats on your very first "chat" online! It's not for the faint of heart! Fun though, isn't it! I see, from the transcript, that some Samandans got their questions asked!

Comment

Working...
                                X