Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would actually go for

Spoiler:
    it being one of the alternate reality Sams. I mean, remember Dr Carter from point of view who shouted "For Crying Out Loud" much to everyone's surprise and amusement?
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hey everyone… just dropping in to ask a quick question: sincere apologies if it has already been done to death but it is really intriguing me since since my Season 7 boxset arrived…

Amanda’s hair… are those extensions in the Beyond the Gate documentary or is that her real hair?

If it’s really long, I’m amazed to think I might have been watching all these years not realizing she had a wig on…

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Katkin
        Hey everyone… just dropping in to ask a quick question: sincere apologies if it has already been done to death but it is really intriguing me since since my Season 7 boxset arrived…

Amanda’s hair… are those extensions in the Beyond the Gate documentary or is that her real hair?

If it’s really long, I’m amazed to think I might have been watching all these years not realizing she had a wig on…
        Nah, that's extensions. They were the extensions she had for New Order, I would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Nah, that's extensions. They were the extensions she had for New Order, I would imagine.
          I do like it better short – do you really think they’d go to the trouble of putting in extensions for a single episode? Wouldn’t they just put a long wig on her? Of course, I guess it could have been a long wig in the documentary… only there were scenes of her in civvies with it braided and it looked pretty real…

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            Well we've heard Jack say it enough and Sam has been around Jack long enough, so yea I think it would have rubbed off on her
            Jack has said it enough that I and everyone I work with use it on a regular basis. Theoretically Sam spends more time with him then the 1 hour a week we spend with him so yeah it could have rubbed off just like yasureyabetcha.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I would actually go for

Spoiler:
              it being one of the alternate reality Sams. I mean, remember Dr Carter from point of view who shouted "For Crying Out Loud" much to everyone's surprise and amusement?
              Yeah! That's what I thought at first. It'd make a wee bit more sense anyway, 'cause I'm used to Carter at least attempting a theory.

We shall see...
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Katkin
                I do like it better short – do you really think they’d go to the trouble of putting in extensions for a single episode? Wouldn’t they just put a long wig on her? Of course, I guess it could have been a long wig in the documentary… only there were scenes of her in civvies with it braided and it looked pretty real…
                She probably liked having long hair, wanted to try something different. Assuming New Order was first in filming order, as well as airing order, she may have put in the extensions during the hiatus and then decided to keep them for Hallucination!Sam to show the difference.

I mean, having short hair all the time gets boring, and it's such a hassle to grow out!

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                  Yeah! That's what I thought at first. It'd make a wee bit more sense anyway, 'cause I'm used to Carter at least attempting a theory.

We shall see...
                  Well, even if she didn't attempt a theory, we'd be more likely to hear "I don't know, sir" than "I got nothing"

Comment

She probably liked having long hair, wanted to try something different. Assuming New Order was first in filming order, as well as airing order, she may have put in the extensions during the hiatus and then decided to keep them for Hallucination!Sam to show the difference.

I mean, having short hair all the time gets boring, and it's such a hassle to grow out!
                    If I remember correctly, Amanda actually likes long hair for herself, and had the extensions put in between seasons in accord with that, then when Season 8 started up, she had them removed, reported to work, and promptly had a wig plonked on her head to play Sam in Fifth's Pete Impersonation Fantasy! There's no winning the Sam Hair Wars for Amanda.
                    ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                      If I remember correctly, Amanda actually likes long hair for herself, and had the extensions put in between seasons in accord with that, then when Season 8 started up, she had them removed, reported to work, and promptly had a wig plonked on her head to play Sam in Fifth's Pete Impersonation Fantasy! There's no winning the Sam Hair Wars for Amanda.
                      yeah, what she said. AT did the extensions herself early in the hiatus. there are con pics of her with the longer hair. and i sooo wish they would have talked to her and let her keep the extensions for the scenes in new order pt 2

they were so much nicer than that skanky wig they put her in

for whatever reasons the wigs they buy for sam have been notiriously bad
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        yeah, what she said. AT did the extensions herself early in the hiatus. there are con pics of her with the longer hair. and i sooo wish they would have talked to her and let her keep the extensions for the scenes in new order pt 2

That's because they spend all their money on spec. effects and only give her 1 jar of gel to last the whole season.
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

It would have made sense. Especially if there was to be long hair anyway.

I personally think she looks gorgeous with long hair. Well, she looks gorgeous. No additions needed.

Comment

I thought the hair in New Order was extensions. That was the worst hair that they put her in. The best long hair was in There but for the Grace of God.
                            sigpic

Comment

I preferred the New Order Hair to There But For The Grace of God.

The one that really yucked me was the Point of View hair. In fact, Point of View hair for both versions of Carter wasn't quite my thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                                Caption This:

Jack: I still don't believe Vanderjagt missed that field-goal...

Comment

Working...
                                X