Originally posted by Qasim
    Ses is a girl
    OOps, my bad, sorry ses, im a Wraith supporter now

Comment

Shore Leave

Skydiver
      minigeek
      tsaxlady
      dancer of spaz (I'm keeping you there spaz until you say no )
      Dani 76
      Lys
      Forever SG1
      Nell
      LOL4JACK
      SG1Poz
      WhatFateAlmondRoca
      JanSam (tentatively)

GABIT2

Skydiver
      minigeek
      Dani 76
      Tracy Jane
      Forever SG1
      Dipsofjazz (added with her permission)

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINIGEEK!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deano
        OOps, my bad, sorry ses, im a Wraith supporter now
        Looks like you have been charmed too
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
          There's a Shore Leave thread here
          Yep, what happened to the wonderful ideas ? And what about for those of us going to Shore Leave trying to stay together ? I heard that the hotel where they run the convention was sold out. I think WhatFateAlmondRoca found another place to stay. Maybe we could organize something all together. Could you imagine the Samandans all together for a whole weekend ? That would be incredibly cool.
          I just called the Hunt Valley Marriott and I can confirm that they are sold out for the weekend of the convention.

According to the woman I spoke with the Marriott Courtyard does still have rooms available. Although I have checked out Expedia and it's sold out this weekend. The hotel is .07 miles away from the convention.

221 International Circle
          Hunt Valley, Maryland 21030 USA
          Phone: 1-410-584-7070

The rooms at the Courtyard runs around $99($94 if you are a AAA member) for either two double twin or double queen beds or $119.00 if you wish to include breakfast. Free high speed internet and parking is included in the price.

Edit: Just a slight warning for those who may have already booked with Hunt Valley Inn. I've been reading some reviews of the hotel and one of the biggest complaints is that the hotel tends to over book it's rooms. So I would definitely check with the hotel as we get closer to the event to make sure they indeed have you confirmed for a room. I would also suggest checking in early if you can on Friday to make sure you actually get a room.
          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 07 January 2006, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Free high speed internet
            Perfect Take a webcam!
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
              Is anyone by chance going to the Creation Convention in Vancouver??? Amanda's confirmed for that one as well I believe...

http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htm

I'm not able to make it to any foreign cons, as usual... come on people, Vancouver is gorgeous, come here!!!
              I have tickets for the Sunday's Auction/Breakfast. Unfortunately I promised my husband we'd spend at least one day looking around Vancouver while we were there, so I won't be attending anything on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                true. the exchange rate for vancouver is in my favor while it is definitely NOT good for me in the UK.

I doubt i'll be doing a whole heck of a lot while i'm there but i promised myself last time when i couldn't go that i would the next time. and i do have a year to save up

anyone have any connections with the airlines?????

right now the cheapest air fare is 6-700 dollars
                Airfare to London? Or airfare to Vancouver?
                I can't believe I can get a cheaper airfare from Dallas to London than I can to Vancouver. I have to fly into Seattle and take a train/bus into Vancouver.

I'm actually going to just wait a bit for my flight to London. I believe British just had a sale on tickets where you could get a RT ticket from Dallas/London for as little as $250.00 if you flew before April. So hopefully they will have another sale like this as we get closer to Gabit.
                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 07 January 2006, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I just called the Hunt Valley Marriott and I can confirm that they are sold out for the weekend of the convention.

According to the woman I spoke with the Marriott Courtyard does still have rooms available. Although I have checked out Expedia and it's sold out this weekend. The hotel is .07 miles away from the convention.

221 International Circle

The rooms at the Courtyard runs around $99($94 if you are a AAA member) for either two double twin or double queen beds or $119.00 if you wish to include breakfast. Free high speed internet and parking is included in the price.
                  I called the Courtyard Marriott directly on the weekend of Dec 27. I have a reservation for Friday and Saturday nights with AAA discount @ $94/night for a double, no breakfast. I hope to see GWers and Samandans there!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    See, that's where I have questions, because the ratings were pretty steady even when RDA didn't play a large role last year. It was quite clear that S7 and S8 were Jack-lite, yet the ratings were still pretty good. They didn't dip anymore significantly than any other cable show - even BSG.

Also, it would seem that this year the ratings haven't so much increased as much as they've flatlined. That's not a bad thing either, imo, because there are soooo many contributing factors to that. But I still don't see how an addition of any actor from any genre series was necessary.

That's a hard thing for me, as a team fan, to swallow. I don't know about Farscape, but I've always viewed SG-1 as a sort of ensemble cast, with four core cast members keeping the show afloat. While RDA is a big name, and his presence was crucial to the continuation of the series after S5, they never really wrote it as The Jack Show, or anything like that - and the fans have never really received it that way either. Really, the motives of the network were clear in bringing in different fans, but the evidence that they've actually succeeded in their endeavors is really hard to measure.

Again, it's hard for me to get this mentality, considering I watched the show solely for the interaction between the team members - including when Sam was the CO of SG-1 last year. I looked forward to seeing how Sam, Daniel and Teal'c made it on their own, and they seemed to be doing just fine - with what little we actually got to see. I miss Jack this season, and I'm glad they wrote him in as much as possible last season. But I can't help but feel like they didn't even give AT, MS and CJ a CHANCE to carry the series on their own, without any "male lead" intervention (read: babysitting). And that's just disturbing. They don't NEED a categorically dubbed "male lead."

These three actors have nine years of experience on their side. They don't NEED anyone to bring in viewers, because the loyalty of the older WORLDWIDE fans has kept them going for this long. If the network would simply advertise and promote the show as much as they have BSG, there wouldn't be any issues. People from the "mainstream" would know about the show, and perhaps would give it a chance. It seems like Sci Fi just got greedy (and worried) and acted accordingly by trying to reconcile with the fanbase they effectively screwed over years ago.

You don't win with this fandom. Just like showing too much Soldier Sam or too much Shippy Sam or too much Brainy Jackson or Action Jackson ticks loads of people off. The fact of the matter remains, for me, that the show was doing OK without any lame attempts at bolstering ratings. And BB/Cameron and CB/Vala, as cool as they are, were not necessary for the continued success of the show.

I'm OK with them being on the show, because I personally think that they, as actors, add that extra ummph! to an already great ensemble. And I definitely don't blame them for the issues the fandom is facing right now. As long as the show continues to focus mainly on the three original actors and characters - the ones who made the show so popular to begin with - I won't complain. Much. It's my opinion that the show CAN be OK with all of those great actors on its side.

As much as I'm looking forward to the Sam-Cam Action, I'm glad there will be some great team moments later on this season. And, when Vala gets back, I'm sure that trend will continue. After all, if it ain't broke, don't fix it (or break it!).
                    Stellar 5 star post!!!! and I agree with every word - though it does depend on how they write Vala - for me anyway.

I have just watched Fallen and Homecoming with 1speed and seeing it just after eps 5 to 9 of season 9 it highlighted just how much the show is now lacking - for me. It is now more of a teenage boy show The difference between Sam then and Sam now is quite stark. The reality is is that it would take an awful lots of guts between a few key players at the bridge to turn the whole show around again - I doubt that will happen. Let's face it it is not SG1 anymore - that show has been lost - sold down the river along with its original cast (I sighed at seeing Janet and Hammond and Jack now no longer with us and T, D and S in some close team interaction)

So will I now watch this totally different show with a totally different take on its female actors? Remains to be seen.

ON the AT Directing issue - they have been making excuses (see her interview) not to let her direct. Now do you think that may be because Amanda got nominated for an award for her first direct ever - just how many male noses did that put out of joint eh. They won't let that happen again I can tell you - how - by not letting her direct. The male ego is a very sad thing
                    Last edited by Coley; 07 January 2006, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Oh Lys - 1speed and myself are going to GABIT. I thought you would be too being just a hop accross the Channel?!

Comment

Oi 1speed - you got home quick - have you seen what the Jester has been saying about me. You tell them about my parsnip soup!!

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                          I called the Courtyard Marriott directly on the weekend of Dec 27. I have a reservation for Friday and Saturday nights with AAA discount @ $94/night for a double, no breakfast. I hope to see GWers and Samandans there!!!
                          Count on me ! I got a room there. I have a reservation for Thursday to Saturday nights. That already makes two of us !
                          Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

221 International Circle

Edit: Just a slight warning for those who may have already booked with Hunt Valley Inn. I've been reading some reviews of the hotel and one of the biggest complaints is that the hotel tends to over book it's rooms. So I would definitely check with the hotel as we get closer to the event to make sure they indeed have you confirmed for a room. I would also suggest checking in early if you can on Friday to make sure you actually get a room.
                            Most hotels will guarantee your reservation and hold your room if you reserve with a credit card. Most hotels allow you to cancel without charge by 6 p.m. the day of your arrival. Please check with your hotel for their policy.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                              Oh Lys - 1speed and myself are going to GABIT. I thought you would be too being just a hop accross the Channel?!
                              I know but sadly GABIT takes place a weekend where I'm working full time. And I can't change anything about that.
                              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                I know but sadly GABIT takes place a weekend where I'm working full time. And I can't change anything about that.
                                No one you could beg or bribe to cover for you? It would be great if you could come!

Comment

Working...
                                X