Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    It does feel at the moment like Cam's in charge, but we really ought to put a smidgen of faith in TPTB. They told us that Sam leads in the second half of the season. I mean, the first half of the season was tough for poor Amanda, what with a baby to look after, lines to learn, technobabble to research... having a bigger part and leading the team would probably have tipped her over the edge!
    I think Sam is in charge for one episode and I think Amanda had to push for it because the idea for the mission was Sam's and Amanda argued that it would be unfair if Sam didn't get to lead. Rcc agreed and said Sam would lead it.

I'm not so sure about the last bit. Amanda is so awesome that I think she would have gladly risen to the challenge. Way back in Nov 2004 she did an interview where she was saying she was looking forward to getting back to leading the team (this is when she was well into her pregnancy). Sadly that rug was swiftly pulled from under her feet. As Astro said - a very cruel blow.

You'll be blown away by Amanda at GABIT2 She's fantastic and hilarious - and I agree I like funny laid back Sam too!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, minigeek!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Oh Happy Birthday Mini - and to all those who had Birthdays over the holidays - belated returns!!

Comment

Why when it says there are 11 members on line can I only count 9 members named below this??!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
            I think Sam is in charge for one episode and I think Amanda had to push for it because the idea for the mission was Sam's and Amanda argued that it would be unfair if Sam didn't get to lead. Rcc agreed and said Sam would lead it.

I'm not so sure about the last bit. Amanda is so awesome that I think she would have gladly risen to the challenge. Way back in Nov 2004 she did an interview where she was saying she was looking forward to getting back to leading the team (this is when she was well into her pregnancy). Sadly that rug was swiftly pulled from under her feet. As Astro said - a very cruel blow.

You'll be blown away by Amanda at GABIT2 She's fantastic and hilarious - and I agree I like funny laid back Sam too!
            I'm already blown away by the mere thought of meeting her.

As for just one episode.... that's terrible. TPTB, especially JM have made it sound much bigger than one ep.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Why when it says there are 11 members on line can I only count 9 members named below this??!!
              They are probably signed in in 'anonymous mode'
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Noticed that, whats going on

Comment

Because the others are either guests or on Lurk mode. You never know... one of the Lurkers could be AT

Comment

Because the others are either guests or on Lurk mode. You never know... one of the Lurkers could be AT
                    Dont get my hopes up

Comment

Originally posted by Deano
                      Dont get my hopes up
                      I was gonna respond to that, then remembered it wa a PG forum

Comment

I was gonna respond to that, then remembered it wa a PG forum
                        lol, there a lot of pics of At that i could put on but there not PG

Comment

Really? Non PG AT pics....? I *have* to see. Could you PM me a couple of links?

Comment

Really? Non PG AT pics....? I *have* to see. Could you PM me a couple of links?
                            (PM)?
                            There from the film "The Void"

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                              This is where they lose me. The ratings numbers have not really changed significantly, accounting for the increased number of households that have scilie this year the ratings have been pretty much stagnant from last year except the slight increase because of household numbers.

I have to believe FS had more than 200-250,000 fans that BB and CB would bring in, plus they have 2 pretty big mainstream names in Bridges and Gossett and still the numbers went relatively nowehere. My guess, and my money, would be on the the ratings having been the same or better in S9 without all this new stuff and keeping the original Stargate dynamic, sans RDA.

The ratings argument for Browder is not cutting it for me because the numbers are not there. I have to believe that the suits spending all of this money on all of these new so-called "stars" with names that are apparently bigger than Tapping, Shanks and Judge, was going to garner a lot more viewers and a lot higher ratings than they are getting thus far. Where are all of the BB FS fans that are supposedly throwing themselves at the scilie channel to geta glimpse of their "leading man"?

To be honest when I heard about the new additions to the cast, BB, CB, BB2 and LG, I thought, based on the numbers (2.4 IIRC) they got for last years (S8) premiere and first few eps, that the ratings for S9 would be out of the park - I do not see it - I do not see the streams of BB/FS fans rushing to watch.
                              Great post - I touched on this but you have done a better job than I.

I do think they have lost some orginal viewers too - as well as not bringing on board as many Farscape viewers as they had hoped. As I said I know 2 people who have lost interest and people on this thread have mentioned others - including one teenage chap who stopped watching as Sam was not put in command - bless him for his stand!!

I like you didn't think the show needed any of these names. When I started watching the show I had not heard of any of the actors - including RDA. I watched the show because it was a brilliant show with great characters and great acting. Big Names is just spin - you need the substance below it. Sadly these days spin is the game in any industry.

I wonder sometimes who these people are who make these decisions - do they really understand things - do they really think things through (I posted way back that in my opinion soemone just grabbed for BB without thinking - then they had to quickly think of a character for him. It should always be the other way around - where do we want the show to go - what characters do we need -then lets cast for the best actor/s for these characters. This has just not been done in the CB/BB case) - and - at the end of the day if Stargate falls because the changes just don't cut it with the general viewers - will the person/people making the decsions also get the boot - as they will be responsible for a lot of people losing their jobs!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deano
                                (PM)?
                                There from the film "The Void"
                                Oh...ok. *Those* pics. Hehe. Dreamland.

PM=Private Message.

Comment

Working...
                                X