No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Thank you Q. Now, when I manage to draw my eyes away from that gorgeous picture, stop drooling over my keyboard (Risking electrocution I might add) and pick myself off the floor, I'll make a comment about the white page of doom.

Why can't they do something fun with it? Like, instead of the boring screen we get, add a fun heading like "I'm sorry, you seem to have hit the Gateworld Iris" or something similar. Any suggestions?
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        Well the recurring white screen of death is sure keeping my posting under control today.

I see "The Warrior" is on SciFi today: Sam gets to show off her marksmanship if I'm not mistaken.
        Yes, a great Soldier!Sam scene! Love that "Look" she gives Kytano after the demonstration! . Rick Worthy was hot as the Warrior as well. Oh, wait, this is SaGC! .

Just sayin', and oh, doom; the dreaded white screens are back big time today. Hope the board recovers 'cause we'll need it after tomorrow's season premieres!
        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
        sigpic
        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          yeah. scili is just trying to make as much money off it as they can before they 'help' it into oblivion.

for some strange reason, adn this happened with tnt and B5, the network suits just cannot keep thier hands out of things. they have this innate 'i must stick my nose into the creative process' thing going and never accept that they end up killing the shows they 'save'

they refuse to acknowledge teh creative input of the show's creators and insist upon sticking their noses in with 'suggestions' that are often based on some focus group, the ceo's wife's opinion or the fact that X is the sig other of Y and wants Y to have more air time
          Skydiver, your analysis seems logical to me. SciFi was small-fry to the likes of Sony; their mode of making money is akin to buying real estate. Buy it for the value it will have in resale. They look at other "properties" (other shows) and copy what they think "works." Of course they end of ruining whatever they try to "better" (sex-up, kill off, etc) and then, toss off the loss or sell. It's almost like they see what their fans want then they go and give the opposite.

Just sayin', IMHO, money games; monopoly. Whatever happened to the good ol' niche programming cable promised? A land without meta-corporate control thus able to be independent? Aagh!

Must keep hope alive; S9 continues, and S10 to come. Some good may come.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Thank you Q. Now, when I manage to draw my eyes away from that gorgeous picture, stop drooling over my keyboard (Risking electrocution I might add) and pick myself off the floor, I'll make a comment about the white page of doom.

Why can't they do something fun with it? Like, instead of the boring screen we get, add a fun heading like "I'm sorry, you seem to have hit the Gateworld Iris" or something similar. Any suggestions?
            A string of replicators with the names of TPTB (or just call them TPTB), running across the screen. We get to take paint ball shots at them inbetween pressing the refresh button. Replicators will either break into bits or struggle in colorful paint splotches!

Just playin, just sayin'! (Dang, I'm afraid to try to load More Smilies for fear of losing my connection again. Drat. )
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
              A string of replicators with the names of TPTB (or just call them TPTB), running across the screen. We get to take paint ball shots at them inbetween pressing the refresh button. Replicators will either break into bits or struggle in colorful paint splotches!

Just playin, just sayin'! (Dang, I'm afraid to try to load More Smilies for fear of losing my connection again. Drat. )
              Something like this???

Sorry. You'll have to provide your own paintballs.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                Its possible that the equity firms who helped Sony buy MGM may split - http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=22003
                Actually, if you read the start of that article, it says that it's only a prediction

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Actually, if you read the start of that article, it says that it's only a prediction
                  Maybe thats why I said 'its possible' It says:
                  Here are some predictions for the media industry for 2006, based on interviews with industry analysts, executives and investors, along with a little intuition.
                  They are probably top analysts considering its the LA Times
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Whats that?
                    the cable network TNT. one of many i believe owned by ted turner
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      the cable network TNT. one of many i believe owned by ted turner
                      Oh right I thought it might have been a tv show as it was in the same sentence as B5

B5 was referring to Babylon 5 yeah?
                      love Torri

Comment

Something like this???

ROFLMAO....Just picturing Traveler Enroute1 shooting computer screen with paint balls lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Hhhhm. I can see it too. Quite worrying, that!

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                            Excuse me, but isn't part of the charm of SG1 the fact that they (supposedly) stick fairly closely to how the Air Force is run? If so, then chances are, no matter how much some of us don't like it, there are no "co-leaders" of teams/units. There is ONE commander and since (sadly) the military is still very much a "boy's club", that commander is 8 times out of 10 going to be male, regardless if the highest ranking person of the unit is female.

The whole situation - be it the reality of the military or things concerning Amanda and the rest of the cast/crew is all down to politics and the almighty dollar. Sad but true. Even sadder is that the actors (all of them) are caught in the middle. None of the actors, imho are at fault and I'm willing to hazard a guess that some of the SGPTB aren't at fault either...they're answering to SCILIE who wants to control their supposed "original" series. Sorry, but to me, SciLie didn't originate SG1 - that was MGM and Showtime. They just picked it up when Showtime dumped it. That's not original.

Totally agree with you about the actors, SunKrux, as I think many of us have said. This has nothing to do with the actors at all. You are absolutely right.

I do think that is it militarily possibly to have Mitchell be in charge of some missions, and Sam be in charge of other missions, and that is what co-leadership is to me, and that is what may be happening on the show. Having two Lt. Cols, on the same team is already bizarre, so I don't see a problem with having this co-leadership arrangement.

Comment

Oh right I thought it might have been a tv show as it was in the same sentence as B5

B5 was referring to Babylon 5 yeah?
                              yeah, babylon 5

tnt bought the rights to the 5th season even though, thinking the show was canned, JMS had already wrapped up a lot of the plot. which is why s5 has very mixed reviews

when b5 pulled good ratings, they expressed interest in Crusade, a sequel (they also produced several movies). however, once crusade got off the ground, the network execs started to contact JMS with 'creative input' (ya gotta understand, JMS has very specific views about his works...actors on his shows are not allowed to adlib)

a compromise could not be reached between tnt and JMS. they made 'suggestions' he said 'no' they said 'you're cancelled' so only 13 eps of the show exist

bearing in mind that this is only one side of the story, alledgedly one reason JMS hasn't produced another show is because he has yet to reach an agreement with a network that will produce his show without trying to run his show
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Something like this???

LOL! I picture them a little bigger, metallic colored but creeping along just like that! Sorry, I'm non-geek, no paintballs from me! Thanks for your part, Tracy Jane.

Just sayin', maybe they can just keep creeping down the screen until it fills up and then it automatically refreshes, and they blow up when the connection comes back! I'm creeping myself out on that.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X