No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to send a quick shout out to my b-day buddy, Samo!

(It's still the 4th for us )

Hope you had a great one Madame President, and didn't party too hard!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
      If you're looking for caps from the Promo, Stargate Project has some posted at http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=344
      Looks like they also have the promo itself, for those of you who haven't seen it.
      And yes,
      Spoiler:
      the guy "pressed against Sam" is McKay and it is from GUP.

P.S. Thanks for the link to the interview, Quasim!
      Thanks for answering. That part of the commercial went by kind of fast and it was dark lit, those caps made it easier to see
      Spoiler:
      I thought whoever it was had a beard, but now I can see it was blood. I thought the guy was bigger than McKay, but it was just the perspective of the shot.

I didn't even know about that website, so yay!! It was fun looking at all those caps.
      sig by PM

Comment

Well, I saw that True Science special that Amanda hosted - and its pretty good Amanda was her normal whacky self which was fun, and the science stuff was pretty cool too

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            BIGTIME ARGH!

What's Lys doing having that picture with Jonas kissing that con artist???

Aw come on. You didn't honestly think I'd make a negative statement regarding that ever so yummy Grace kiss, right? And it's the biggest one there too.

just....*sigh*

ARGH ! Bangs head repetivly at shipper's obtuseness. All of them are deceptive kisses and this one is the clue.
            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Tracy...our beloved jckfan is one of our non-Jack/Sam Samandans...

Which means we tease each other. Like I tease Lys, Agent Dark and tsaxlady, who are also non-shippers.

But they tease me back endlessly with those ever so cruel pics of Sam kissing Pete.

Evil, evil Samandans.

I'd call the Royal Security on them for it, but then Agent Dark IS the head of Royal Security so I'm fairly confident he won't apprehend himself...or if he'd try, he'd go down fighting.

I'd tackle him personally but I'm afraid he might actually enjoy that...

Über, you're not fair with me. I've never teased you with any Sam/Pete kissing pic.
              Well, I could always begin today.

Now, that's what I call kissing.
              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                Favorite Sam eps huh?

Hathor - show's that Sam can take charge
                Singurlarity - show's a softer side of Sam
                Solitudes - show's that Sam expects a lot out of herself
                The Tok'ra - this completely revolves around Sam and her new abilities
                Out of Mind/Into the Fire - love how she goes back for Jack
                Foothold - Sam saves the day
                Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know - again totally revolves around Sam
                Nemesis - Sam saves the day again
                Beneath the Surface - scientist Sam, even when she's not

Then of course there's Entity, Gemini and Reckoning - which while they do have a Sam focus the reason I like them is because they show that AT can act her socks off and make you totally believe she's a totally different personality.
                I think I'd have to add Space Race to my list. I really enjoyed that episode even though I know a lot of people didn't. And I always like it when Sam gets a major role in the action part of an episode instead of just the science bits.

Originally posted by AGateFan
                I remember watching the ep for the 3 or 4 or 10th time (don’t remember which) when I had the same epiphany. It was weird some type of ethereal thought that I somehow saw Sam (Amanda Tapping) acting the sequences disguised as Daniel and I had to remind my self that that was Michael Shanks acting his own character.... weird.
                woo hoo it's not just me! I think that was the point at which I realised I was into Stargate in a way I hadn't been into a TV show since I was a kid (when you're a kid, it is so much easier to suspend disbelief. You really do think the hero might die, for example, it never occurs to you that he/she won't because what would they do next week?).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                  I blub every time I even think of this scene. Selmak sure did wonders for Sam and Jacob's relationship. I can't wait for my photo op at Shore Leave! Anyone know where I can get a symbiote for my dad? *sniff*

Thanks SamFan!
                  If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                  proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                  Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                    Mmm, me too! One for every room in my house, and it would always be his month!!

Ok, so I have a question. I haven't been around much lately, this has probably already been discussed, but my question is too vague for the search feature. So anyway, Who is that big guy kissing Sam's check in the promos?
                    it's from GUP
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim

Thanks, Qasim. I read the interview and Ben Browder seems like such a wonderful person.

Why is there this line about Sam getting a chance to lead the team in the second half? I wish that were true, but I don't see BB saying that anywhere in his interview. It seems he is saying things similar to JM---that the military sticks a new person in a leadership position all the time and also the fact that Amanda was not available for the first six episodes. The second reason doesn't make alot of sense in that SG-1 was not formed yet, so it doesn't matter about Sam being away for a bit. Once she returned, she could lead the team, if that is the way the wanted it written. Again, BB is very humble and I really liked his honesty. I'm just befuddled (is that a word? ) that there is this line under a picture that Sam will have a chance to lead the team. This makes it sound like co-leading again. Anyway, good interviews of AT and BB!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                        The second reason doesn't make alot of sense in that SG-1 was not formed yet, so it doesn't matter about Sam being away for a bit. Once she returned, she could lead the team, if that is the way the wanted it written.
                        Yes, exactly. Once Sam returned, she would then be the one Ben was referring to in terms of the military sticking a new 'leader' in place, even after a team already exists. Since she has the greater field experience and history with that particular unit and team, Sam would have (realistically) replaced Mitchell as its 'new leader' the moment she was called back to return.

But Ben's just doing his part to help defend the position of the powers that be, and to slide into his new role as well as he can. Obviously, he and Amanda both feel that their characters are leading SG-1 (they've both made reference to being the leader, respectively, in seperate interviews/appearances).

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

ben is saying what he needs to say. decisions were made, probably a lot higher up on teh food chain than bridge studios and the writers, that cam would be the boss. thus, even if it doesn't make any sense for him to be the boss within the confines of the show, cam is the boss.

at least the actors acknowledge the issue and understand things, even is the adorable folks at scili are maintaining thier backwards little status quo.

the actors are just caught in the middle of some suits who dont' know much about the show beyond whatever their focus groups tell them and are doing thier best to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

cameron being the boss still boils down to the idea that a male MUST lead and amanda being gone on baby leave only gave them the reason to put things that way.

however, since the actors are aware of the situaion and peoples feelings, it's comforting to know that they'll play it from a co-leader pov.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            Yes, exactly. Once Sam returned, she would then be the one Ben was referring to in terms of the military sticking a new 'leader' in place, even after a team already exists. Since she has the greater field experience and history with that particular unit and team, Sam would have (realistically) replaced Mitchell as its 'new leader' the moment she was called back to return.

But Ben's just doing his part to help defend the position of the powers that be, and to slide into his new role as well as he can. Obviously, he and Amanda both feel that their characters are leading SG-1 (they've both made reference to being the leader, respectively, in seperate interviews/appearances).

mini
                            Absolutely. I didn't buy it either, but I do appreciate BB trying to be a team player.
                            If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                            proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                            Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

I definitely believe Sky is right. Decisions (regarding plot elements) are being made by the network far more often of late than I think may realistically be healthy for the future of SG-1.

There are a lot of little hints at that. Case in point is one particular facet of a recent Mallozzi blog I found interesting where he stated (paraphrased) that he and the writing team were breaking story ideas, trying to flesh out how they were going to (realistically) find a way to add Vala to the SGC, and potentially to SG-1.

That, right there, told me that tptb weren't planning to add Vala to the full time storyline they originally intended. They were told to do so, and subsequently now have to "figure out" a way to make it work. Very likely, they have no better indication of what to do with Vala (as a long-term character in the SGC universe) than they had (or have) any idea how that wwill affect the Sam Carter role in the future.

I knew as I read that (hinted allusion of things to come) that the powers that be were "under orders" to set up certain pillars for the continuation of SG-1 as a series, and their reticence to give Sam's character a definitive role (one way or another) seemed to hinge upon what they figured out they could/would do with Vala and how that would affect Carter's role overall.

Obviously, the producers can't (and wouldn't) debase the network's decisions (publicly), but neither did they have a clue how to broach the idea of two female leads and I think they needed to flesh that out in their stories (and heads) before they could provide a united front. The fallout from Amanda's GABIT talk and the subsequent fan reaction probably stirred them up quite a bit - because I don't think they were nearly prepared to deal with these issues yet (I still don't think they are). Regardless, it made them even more vague and non-comittal than usual.

If the network continues to have such a profound and deliberate influence on the creative element(s) of the series, then I'm afraid we very likely won't see the show go on much longer at all. Network interference with minutia almost always spells the demise of a show.

mini (my suppositions, at least)
                              Last edited by minigeek; 05 January 2006, 07:19 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X