• Show
Clear All

here you go. i lightened it up as much as i could. it was dark in there
    Attached Files
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Trying to find harder ones ... you guys are so good at this!

Guess That Episode

Photo is from the Official Amanda Tapping Website

whistles innocently....i NEED to get out more i think

sigpic

Comment

Trying to find harder ones ... you guys are so good at this!

Guess That Episode

Photo is from the Official Amanda Tapping Website
        Cure

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
          Okay, definitely First Commandment, and she's grimacing because she'd just had that tooth fixed, dammit!
          Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          My first thought was Exodus. Her hair suggests late 4th season early 5th and the uniform suggests desert activity...
          LOL! Spoken like a true archeologist, Uber fan!
          Indeed, but another toughie, as our queen can be found consulting her crystals in many episodes.
          So many memorable firsts for Sam: her first court-martial-able offense, first time aboard a Hatak, Sam's first kill with a zat, her first chance to bite someone.
          Reeses's Pieces! Er... whatsisep... The ep with Reese, RepliCarter's granny.
          Who da boss? Uh, I mean, Icon. Sam in charge. Yum.
          Um, I honestly can't even guess, ATM, but it looks like she's wishing Teal'c would stop singing the song of the departed warrior(Chain of Command).
          Gracie, you're on fire tonight! Where can I get some of that blueberry ale?

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            whistles innocently....i NEED to get out more i think
            LOL! I'm impressed that you can ID the episodes from these single shots -- I would not have been able to figure out 95% of the pics that we've all posted since starting this guessing game! Everyone here puts me to shame when it comes to 'Stargate Memory'... so I'll just have to make do with posting the pics!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Reckoning 2 played in my part of the country today. Great stuff ... and two Sams for the price of one! Also terrific because Jacob is in a lot of the scenes with her.

Did anyone think that AT has actually changed the tone of her voice when playing RepliCarter? It seemed to me tonight that her voice sounded a bit higher in pitch versus the normal tone of Sam ... anyone catch that? I could believe that she would be that meticulous about portraying the other evil Sam by doing something like that ... or maybe it's all in my mind.

And seeing action Sam tonight made me think of another female military hero I haven't thought of in years ... Lt. Ripley in Aliens ... I thought Sigourney Weaver did such a terrific job and she and Sam would make a formidable team of their own.
              Naw I think you are correct, she definitely spoke differently with RC.
              Her tone, face expression. I liked how RC has almost an endearing,child-like
              quality when she is trying to get what she wants out of Daniel and then all of a sudden you see her facial expression, body language and tone all change just before she is about to skewer him. Oh man she is vicious. Gotta praise AT for such a terrific job.

Comment

and i'm crawling off to bed....night all

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  Correct! And I thought that one would make everyone have to stop and scratch their heads for awhile! Hmmm... goes off into picture stacks...

Comment

Correct! And I thought that one would make everyone have to stop and scratch their heads for awhile! Hmmm... goes off into picture stacks...
                    Well, it had season six hair, and the tech level in the background really only left one guess.

Comment

Just jumping in to give some hope to those who seem not to have much right now about how Carter will be treated upon ATs return - Mallozzi has stated a few times now in reply to various questions on the Ask Joe Mallozzi Thread that Mitchell will be in command of SG1 "at the begininning of season 9" because Carter is not around. Someone has to be in charge with Jack gone and Carter out of pocket for the first five.

He also said that he is sure they "will work something out" upon Carter's return. I read these comments to be that Carter will be in charge upon ATs return to the show. (I also read that in an interview when AT was asked about Browders character being a Lt. Colonel, same as Carter, AT was surprised - she did not know that. I suspect that if AT has anything to say about it she will not want Carter to "give up command" - that would again be out of character, IMO (and the easy cowardly way out for TPTB) nor do I think she would revert to civilian status (again it would be out of character, IMO). I also read that AT said in an interview that she hopes they do show more of Carter in charge in season 9 so it seems AT has the idea that Carter will be in charge in S9.)

They obvioulsy need to have someone in charge while Carter is out doing whatever it is they will have her doing for the first 5 eps (as long as it is something Stargate related that helps give her back some of that strong Carter aspect I believe, IMO, she lost due to the way they wrote the character since mid-season 7). I hope Mallozzi is not yanking chain here and that they finally wake up and see what they have in Carter in the way of a kick-a$$ soldier and LEADER and have her in charge upon her return and ACTUALLY SHOW her in charge and competent and dignified and respected as she was before the debacle began in mid-season 7 (just MO about the debacle). I hope they stay away from disasters like the end of affinity when she behaved so uncharacteristically on-site at a stakeout she was supposed to be in charge of - IMO they totally blew just about the only time they actually showed Carter in action in charge in Season 8. I hope TPTB have it all out of thier childish little systems now and they bring back the real Carter in S9.

I do not intend this to offend anyone, it is an observation, especially in light of the title of this thread and the many positive things said about Carter - but I was actually a little surprised to see several posts here that sort of seem to give up on having Carter in charge in S9 and seemed to be accepting (albeit reluctantly) that Mitchell would be in charge ALL season - where are the spunky, hard-driving Carter fans who should be rallying and shouting from the rooftops to TPTB that it would be a crime to take command away from Carter after her return?! Of all threads where I thought I would see a huge wave of adamant fans who fight for Carter to be in charge I thought it would be here. There was a thread awhile back entitled something like "Browders character should outrank Carter" and there were more posts saying Carter should be in charge than there were posts saying Browders character should be (mine were in there backing Carter, as well as an e-mail or two direclty to Mallozzi about it) - where is that fight now? There are comments backing Carter in many threads here at GW, and on other forums as well and I hope that TPTB have seen them and are taking heed as Mallozzi's comments suggest (at least to me). (Francks pretty much confirmed in his recent interview on GW that Stargate people do watch these boards and they do listen to the fans and hopefully they will see all of the posts on the many threads here, and elsewhere, saying Carter should be in charge especially after 8 years while Mitchell is a new guy and has not yet earned anything (including the fans respect) when it comes to SG1 and saving the world on a daily basis).

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        meta would have been a perfect opportunity. sam almost died, it'd have been a great time to see him
                        For sure, Meta. I mean, death was certain. What, Sam doesn't qualify for Ascension?

Or was she a sure bet because she'd been "glowed" by Orlin? Hummm.... Gracie wanders off to contemplate the plot possibilities over a Blueberry ale

I just meant that, since the PTB couldn't have MS in the flesh and since they did that rather silly wind thing = Daniel at the end of the ep - to comfort Jack - then they should have done something to comfort Sam, and having Sam "see" Danny during her time of deep distress, when she was getting whumped, but the pain of having to say that Daniel was dead hurt more than the fire in her head... etc. Jeez, what a wasted opportunity.
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                          Just jumping in to give some hope to those who seem not to have much right now about how Carter will be treated upon ATs return - Mallozzi has stated a few times now in reply to various questions on the Ask Joe Mallozzi Thread that Mitchell will be in command of SG1 "at the begininning of season 9" because Carter is not around. Someone has to be in charge with Jack gone and Carter out of pocket for the first five.

He also said that he is sure they "will work something out" upon Carter's return. I read these comments to be that Carter will be in charge upon ATs return to the show. (I also read that in an interview when AT was asked about Browders character being a Lt. Colonel, same as Carter, AT was surprised - she did not know that.
                          I suspect that if AT has anything to say about it she will not want Carter to "give up command"
                          - that would again be out of character, IMO (and the easy cowardly way out for TPTB)
                          nor do I think she would revert to civilian status (again it would be out of character, IMO).
                          I also read that AT said in an interview that she hopes they do show more of Carter in charge in season 9 so it seems AT has the idea that Carter will be in charge in S9.)

They obviously need to have someone in charge while Carter is out doing whatever it is they will have her doing for the first 5 eps (as long as it is something Stargate related that helps give her back some of that strong Carter aspect I believe, IMO, she lost due to the way they wrote the character since mid-season 7). I hope Mallozzi is not yanking chain here and that they finally wake up and see
                          what they have in Carter in the way of a kick-a$$ soldier and LEADER and have her in charge upon her return and ACTUALLY SHOW her in charge and competent and dignified and respected
                          as she was before the debacle began in mid-season 7 (just MO about the debacle). I hope they stay away from disasters like the end of affinity when she behaved so uncharacteristically on-site at a stakeout she was supposed to be in charge of - IMO they totally blew just about the only time they actually showed Carter in action in charge in Season 8. I hope TPTB have it all out of thier childish little systems now and they bring back the real Carter in S9.

I do not intend this to offend anyone, it is an observation, especially in light of the title of this thread and the many positive things said about Carter - but I was actually a little surprised to see several posts here that sort of seem to give up on having Carter in charge in S9 and seemed to be accepting (albeit reluctantly) that Mitchell would be in charge ALL season - where are the spunky, hard-driving Carter fans who should be rallying and shouting from the rooftops to TPTB that it would be a crime to take command away from Carter after her return?! Of all threads where I thought I would see a huge wave of adamant fans who fight for Carter to be in charge I thought it would be here. There was a thread awhile back entitled something like "Browders character should outrank Carter" and there were more posts saying Carter should be in charge than there were posts saying Browders character should be (mine were in there backing Carter, as well as an e-mail or two direclty to Mallozzi about it) - where is that fight now?
                          There are comments backing Carter in many threads here at GW,
                          and on other forums as well and I hope that TPTB have seen them and are taking heed as Mallozzi's comments suggest (at least to me). (Francks pretty much confirmed in his recent interview on GW that Stargate people do watch these boards and they do listen to the fans and hopefully they will see all of the posts on the many threads here, and elsewhere, saying
                          Carter should be in charge especially after 8 years while Mitchell is a new guy and has not yet earned anything (including the fans respect) when it comes to SG1 and saving the world on a daily basis).
                          Five-star post blinkpmmc!

And you gave me a personal (mental) 'kick in the butt!' Which I needed! I'm still pretty despondent about where the show may take the character of SC in Season 9 (out of SG-1, out of the military, out of command of SG-1) - but your post was right on target.

One of the most wonderful things about this thread has been it's generally positive spirit. Praising and commending the positive aspects of the wonderful character of Sam Carter as portrayed by Amanda Tapping.

So... now that blinkpmcc has given me a kick in the pants... I have to ask -- how can we shout from the rooftops? And get heard? How do we ask for competent kick-ass Col. Carter to take the team and triumph like the SG-1 that we all know and love? In some sort of storylines that leaves no doubt as to who the heroes are.

Skydiver - what can you recommend? Or do you think we have a chance? Some of you folks have been around for many years watching Stargate evolve... and you've seen the fans evolve... and rise up... and such... what is effective? Or... do we just hope that they see what we've posted here on this thread.. and that it has a positive impact?

Last edited by astrogeologist; 04 March 2005, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                            For sure, Meta. I mean, death was certain. What, Sam doesn't qualify for Ascension?

Or was she a sure bet because she'd been "glowed" by Orlin? Hummm.... Gracie wanders off to contemplate the plot possibilities over a Blueberry ale
                            AstroG is more than willing to supply TH with blueberry ale if it facilitates one of TH's great Samfics!

Comment

Five-star post blinkpmmc!
                              Thanks very much, astrogeologist. Glad to help and hopefully TPTB will see and hear and do the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
                                OMG!! 5 days!! I'm so exited, i know it's probably not going to be exactly 5 days but i cannot wait to find out about Amanda's baby! she is going to be such an amazing mother!! At the risk of being wrong, i think she's having a boy- don't ask me why i just think it's a boy. Oh I'm so exited!?!
                                A girl!

*these are going to be the looooongest days of Amanda's life.... *

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X