Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i'm sorry, deepspace... i forgot. forgive me?

sally (goes to put it in now)
    LOL sally. Just a friendly nudge .
    Thanks, it helps me also, you know, to find my own index .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      Hey Lida! I couldn't holiday green ya, but it's great to hear from you! Take care and get some rest, OK?
      I concur - GREAT to see you, Lida. Have a wonderful weekend.
      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
        Have a wonderful, safe, enjoyable journey Jester.
        *smiles*
        Deep has been to the Pacific Northwest once. I think you will love it, there are some magical places there.
        Hope you can drop by and post next week.
        My mom lives there. A few years ago I had the opportunity to camp and hike all around the three sisters area. It was back when Mt. St. Helens was smoking and people were like "whoa". I thought it was cool.

P.S. Deep - you can call me WFAR.

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          To All Samandans, new and old
          Whether near or whether far
          Happy holidays and warm winter dreams
          Wherever you are!

I'm leaving now for the soggy and stormy Pacific Northwest but will try to stop in next week if I can! Keep the home fires burning and be kind to each other!

Jester
          ChopinGal, friendly skies and safe harbor in Yonder Northwest! The Happiest of Holidays to you and your family.

Just sayin', you'll be missed; take care!
          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
          sigpic
          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

kids at cons are touchy subjects.

some are well behaved, but also, do you really think a 10 year old is gonna enjoy sitting in the dark listening to an actor?

some are well behaved, but others also bring up the idea/supposition that the only reason mom and dad brought them was to use the kids to get attention. especially when you see mom and dad consistently putting the kid in front of the actor. what actor is gonna risk looking like a meanie and NOT give the kid attention.

another situationwe had at gatecon was parents of youngsters, i'm talking less than 5, at the con. during the talks the kids were running up and down the aisles, making noise and being disruptive. and hte parents refused to take the rugrats outside expressing the attitude 'we paid to be here too'

at some cons, it's probably better than others. and i mean no disrespect to those with child care issues or nowhere else to leave thier children, but, generally speaking, the only children that shoudl come to a con are those that are old enough to appreciate where they are and what's going on
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

some are well behaved, but also, do you really think a 10 year old is gonna enjoy sitting in the dark listening to an actor?<snip>....the only children that shoudl come to a con are those that are old enough to appreciate where they are and what's going on
              I couldn't agree more. I really don't get people who don't remove a disruptive child. Kinda makes one want to bring a Disruptor.....LOL. Seriously, DD and DH are not coming to the con, its just not age appropriate for her. Now when she's older - and if she's into Sci-fi (what am I saying 'if' - WHEN, she's not adopted after all) and is able to sit quietly and listen and if she'd enjoy it I'd have her come. When I was 9 I attended the King Tut Exhibit in San Francisco - I was totally into Egyptology and archaeology. But if she wouldn't enjoy it why would I do that to anyone?

Comment

the only children that shoudl come to a con are those that are old enough to appreciate where they are and what's going on
                Totally agree. Went to a Trek exhibition a few years back that was swarming with rugrats who were climbing all over the deck of the Enterprise and loving the whole thing. But there they didn't have to sit down and be QUIET. Crucial difference
                sigpic
                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL SAMANDANS
                  AND YOUR LOVED ONES

Just sayin', enjoy!
                  MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                  sigpic
                  Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Haven't posted here in a while but I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holiday!

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                      HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL SAMANDANS
                      AND YOUR LOVED ONES

Just sayin', enjoy!
                      Right back atcha, Traveler. Kiss NY for me while you're there!

Comment

Happy Holidays everyone! The heck with sugarplums--hope you have visions of Samanda beans dancing in your heads...

Comment

Hi Strix,

I just finished reading your story. It was great. I really enjoy reading what you write. I always recognize the characters. Congratulations.

I also want to take the time to offer my

Best wishes to all Samandans and a very
                          MERRY CHRISTMAS
                          sigpic
                          There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                          If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                          If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                          If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            Happy Holidays everyone! The heck with sugarplums--hope you have visions of Samanda beans dancing in your heads...
                            What about blue jello with a 'secret ingredient'...NOT beer, something more - what's the word - FESTIVE!

Comment

*snip*
                              Yeah I agree with you on this. I have been to a many different types of cons - big, small, medium, fan run, company run, etc. I have been to a couple of cons that do not allow anyone under 16 to attend and others that have no policy on kids other than they have to pay full admission price for the con.

Personally I do enjoy cons more when there are no young kids running around durring the event. But for some parents I do understand it is hard to find child care when all the childs guardians want to attend the con events.

WFAR - to answer the ? you asked yes I have seen Narnia (twice) and I loved it - one of the best movie adaptations of a book. Visitation is not going to be a wide release movie and will out on DVD very soon after it's theatre release if your interested in getting the DVD PM me and I'll tell you were you can get it on DVD.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and safe travel to those on the traveling this holiday season.

Strix I enjoyed reading your latest fic last night and look forward to the next one.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                                Haven't posted here in a while but I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holiday!
                                You too - good to see you!

Comment

Working...
                                X