Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc
    I am grateful to Amanda Tapping for making Sam Carter come to life and be such an enjoyable character to watch year and year. And, although I have never met AT, from everything that has been said about her, she definitely is an inspiration in how she approaches life with such gusto and kindness.

I am equally grateful though to all the posters on this thread who have made this thread such a pleasant and warm place to be. A place to have fun, discuss, complain, debate, and spread a little cheer. The kindness that is continually shown on this thread is immeasurable.

Happy Birthday, Samanda!!
    Here, here....thanks chocdoc you stated my thoughts!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      'where's all the rum gone????'
      LOL
      Hic......Rum.....What rum????

Quickly puts key back under jelly bean jar.

Oh hey Sky...here I got a bottle....want some???
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        'where's all the rum gone????'
        Sorry, Sky. I asked her to be responsable. I can't stay up *all* night, even if I am the new Bartender. It's 3am here!!!!

Here's the key to my private stash, Sky. I'm not allowed to drink it anymore, anyway!!!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Sorry, Sky. I asked her to be responsable. I can't stay up *all* night, even if I am the new Bartender. It's 3am here!!!!

Here's the key to my private stash, Sky. I'm not allowed to drink it anymore, anyway!!!
          whee!!!

captain Jack and I will have a grand time
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Have fun. I can trust a mod to be fairly responsable.

*ahem* Did I just say that out loud?
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Happy Birthday Samanda!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

Thanks again Sal for this thread -
                you're welcome and my SUPER pleasure!

Happy Birthday Samanda!!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

wow, first posts here... mine I think is this :O

Comment

Nice to see so many of the old gang stop by for a drink, a smile, and a cheery word or two ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...uorCabinet.jpg

And now the party's just about over! Good job, Samandans! Thanks for the memories!

Comment

I was surfing around on the net today after studying for my finals tomorrow/tuesday, and found a couple of sites that had tutorials on making livejournal icons. So...I made two...if you have a lj, I don't mind you stealing as long as you give credit to me somewhere...(moebuis_2)

Last edited by LtColonelSamC; 18 December 2005, 07:40 PM. Reason: icon didn't show up at first...

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                      My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                      My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                      My Stargate Videos
                      It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        A fitting treat I do acclaim
                        We have heard from Keeper of the Flame
                        One of our Court who did so much
                        Now waiting for our Madam Pres to be in touch

Some others on the Court are missed today
                        Please show yourself, come out to play
                        Most importantly to note
                        Majorsal we need your vote!

You're the one who started this
                        Even though RDA's not around to give a kiss
                        I think you can be justly proud of our thread
                        And please stop by before you go to bed!
                        proud of this thread? it's went WAAAAY beyond anything I thought it would be when i made that first post!!

vote? what am i supposed to vote for/in/about?

*stops and sighs about kissing rda..... *

*sighs again*

*tries to remember what topic of discussion was before sighing fest*

*goes back to kissing rda*

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Sorry I missed so much of the party. It's been a great first year. Here's hoping for many more years to come.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            Dear Royal Housekeeper

Take the night off for the big cleaning up - the only duty you have is locking up the royal liquor cabinet at midnight! Methinks the Royal Accountant may be too sloshed to remember to close the bar!

Jester
                            Tara holding up her glass, cheers Jester, (hic) opps, sorry! Tara looking at keys then at cabinet which at this time is looking a little blured and thinking that she might have a little trouble in placing the key in the key hole by midnight!
                            ......TARA......

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

In honor of our first anniversary, I decided to take a trip down memory lane.

My first post on Gateworld was on February 12, 2005...and my first post on Samanda was yea but 12 days later...http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1705

Here's what I said:
                                Originally posted by Moi from Many Moons Ago
                                I agree about the Air Force advisors and had a couple thoughts regarding the interaction with Jack.

Obviously in Divide and Conquer, they both acknowledged they had feelings for each other that because of duty and regulations, they could not pursue. That didn't make the feelings go away, of course.

Whereas some feel that Sam was timid in her approaching Jack with her feelings - I find it incredibly brave because of the regulations barrier - because she knew he COULD NOT really acknowledge and respond the way she wanted him to (dang it, I ended that sentence in a preposition!)

He had to be the strong one and cut the conversations short because IMHO he probably knew that if he responded any differently they might end up doing or saying things that could cost them both.

In Grace, I think Sam came to the conclusion that she cared for Jack pretty much only because she couldn't have him - but I'll blame that falsehood on the fact that she slammed her head against a wall and lost consciousness. Pete came along at the time when she was ready and willing to spread her emotional wings - only problem was, it seems for her the relationship was based more on trying to prove to herself that she didn't want continue caring for Jack which seemed at the time to ostensibly be a lost cause than it was based on a true life-long connection with Pete.

Her character evolution has been a delight to see as far as I'm concerned - from the completely emotionally immature young woman in Children of the Gods, to the daughter who had a difficult relationship with her father who apparently she'll lose in Threads, to a friend who lost her best friend Janet in Heroes 2, to the woman we see today - smart, passionate, courageous and loyal.

Sure, emotionally she has not been so strong in all areas of her personal life - but who has? To me this just shows some of her flaws - that the brilliant Sam Carter who can blow up a sun has some emotional issues she still needs to resolve.

Wow. That was long and probably not as clear as I'd like. If you didn't like what I wrote, please give me the benefit of the doubt that I usually more concise but I had to take Advil a little bit ago so I'm feeling its effects.

If you did like it, then forget the above disclaimer (although it's still true).

It figures my first post here would be about ship. Hey I'm a hopeless romantic who wants to see love prevail in the end...still do by the way. And I've always loved the dynamic between Jack and Sam because, ship aside, he brings things out in her personality that no one else does.

Here's another post of mine where I made my big confession...
                                Originally posted by The Genius That Is ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Alright folks. It is time. I have a major confession to make.

For many years now, my favorite Stargate character was Jack O'Neill. I loved his wit, his charm, those arms (whoops, starting to veer off course there). Needless to say, I loved everything about the guy. Super character, sexy, strong and authoritative. And funny. I meant to say funny. (Did I say funny?) Sam was a good character, interesting, clever etc. but Jack was THE character I chose as my favorite.

Even after getting started on this forum and began posting on this thread...it was still Jack first, with Sam at a close second.

Well, I came to a realization recently. It happened as I was going through screen caps and sound bytes and video clips. I'm not sure of the exact moment it dawned on me...but I realized that Sam has somehow become my favorite character.

Maybe it's because of RDA's limited schedule. Because we didn't see him on screen as much as we did in the past, we got to see more of Sam and learned more about what makes her tick. It's funny because many of the episodes people dislike because they perceive that Sam seems weak or whatever are the very episodes that drew me closer to her as a character.

She was no longer an out of reach super scientist who blew up suns. She became a "real" person, with failings, doubts and frailties - this I can identify with.

So perhaps I should thank RDA for his limited time on screen because it gave me a chance to get to know Sam, and to feel that, were she a real person, she and I could relate to each other as friends. We could discuss the difficulties we both have at expressing feelings for a guy we care about, our concern that we don't always live up to the expectations of others and the problems associated with designing a more stable Naquadriah FTL drive (that one's been a problem for me lately).

So thank you, Richard Dean Anderson, for giving me the opportunity to really get to know - and love - Samantha Carter.
                                That was posted on March 13, 2005...http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=3039

My how time flies...*sigh*

Well anyway, I got to thinking (don't worry, the experience didn't last long nor did it cause permanent damage [none that I'm aware of at least]). We need to revive some Samandan traditions. The first of them being that of the Season polls. We have new Samandans who didn't get to vote originally and I'd hate for them to miss out. Actually I think that this is something that should be done periodically...get a feeling for what all Sam fans newer and older feel about Carter because feelings can change for even the veterans of this thread and an episode that wasn't as appealing a year ago might now be thoroughly compelling.

So what say ye? Starting with season 1??? Oh great Diver from the Sky, could you do the honors? I wasn't here when this tradition started so I'm not sure how long each poll is to last...I'll leave that to our resident mod. Then we'll have fun talking about and dissecting the winners! Who knows? Maybe next year we'll have a new redbook to send HRH...Volume 2.

Okay the other thing I would like to revive is the Name that Eppy/Caption Me! game. What do you all think? I really miss it and FCOL, this woman has so many expressive moments that are BEGGING for a caption. Oh and all please feel free to think about other Samandan traditions that we've for whatever reason stopped doing like the dolts that we are.

So without further adieu, to restart it off, here it is...right now...again...because YOU asked for it...(well okay I asked for it...but are we REALLY going to waste time on with petty bickering when there's fun to be had?...Oops I'm lost; where was I?...Oh yeah...

Name that Eppy/Caption Me!!!

Come on Samandans, let's play again!!!!

Last edited by Uber; 18 December 2005, 11:43 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X