Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    anyone wanna be insanely jealous???? i know the girl who bought the 2010 outfit.

and even worse, she fits it.
    Holy Hannah! Was that done at GABIT as a private auction?! It certainly wasn't advertised as something to be bid on! Can you tell us more?! My understanding was these costumes were "on lend" from studio and being returned after the con.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      grey suit=2010
      wedding dress = PoV wedding pic
      get-up on the right=Seth. (see Seth's get up from GW's episodes pages - http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s3/graphics/302_04.jpg)

I was thinking Moebius 2 also for the right, but there it seemed to be just more draped fabric (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/graphics/819_32.shtml). The button placat (is that what it's called?) appears to match perfectly Seth's outfit as do the wings on the hood...
      Give the gal a star for all three correct answers, and for her "brilliant" new sig!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        I know. I did try...but Hotmail wouldn't accept it!

*whimper*
        There, there.....poor Über. It'll be all right. We all know you earned your umlauts!

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
          Hello, Samanda! Flyin' in for a quick swoop. *waves to all*

Found an article that seems so apropos here, it's a view on women in power esp in the media! And just who might that remind me of? Wow, you guessed: Samantha Carter! Here's the link:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20051114/pollitt

I hope you find it as interesting as I did. The parallels of AT/SC's situation at SGC/TPTB and this nicely done (and humorous) article are food for thought. Enjoy!

Just sayin', back when RL let's me.

I definately agree that the title "Madame President" has it's appeal ...

I havnt' really been keeping up still... But to make up for my uuuusual lack of absence over the past... ever... I'm giving unto my people...
          a NON-ORANGERATED PIC OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno... something's come over me tonite... The Orangerator Monster must be sick tonite... I can't belive I just posted that...

well... WOMEN IN POWER FOREVER
          Last edited by MajorSam; 09 November 2005, 06:15 PM.
          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Samanda can never be a wrong place ...
            Welcome mary clare and
            Happy Birthday Two Ewes
            Happy Birthday Two Ewes
            Happy Birthday dear newbie
            Happy Birthday Two Ewes

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...nns0605028.jpg

"26", ah yes that was a very good year ....
            And Jester is in very fine form tonight! Tell me, Jester, are you going to scan in that autographed wedding photo to share with us?

I think this is my 1,500th post.....and made right here in the Kingdom of Samanda!

Comment

she said that they were all for sale/auction

but the 2010 one didn't go, so after the con was over, she got her chance.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

To get serious for a moment (just a moment, I promise!) ...

Coley has written some recent posts on this and she is feeling quite strongly about it ... the newest Stargate mag has interviews with both Amanda and Rob Cooper. In RC's interview, he doles out praise on all the main cast, especially the newbies, and also MS and CJ, but does not say anything at all about AT/Sam. I haven't had a chance to get the mag ... have any of you also read it? How do you feel about what seems to be another glaring omission of Sam?!

I did, however, find time to read the GW episode descriptions for the rest of S9 and don't see much of Sam written into anything, other than Ripple Effect.
                Spoiler:
                It seems quite telling that the final two eps are Vala-heavy and, coincidentally, RC is stepping into the director's role for the final show and also doing the writing/producing I believe. I winced when I read of a minor character described as a "harlot" who befriends Vala. So be prepared for more sexual banter and scanty costumes.

How does SG1 fit into all this?! Sam Carter may be coming back for S10, but what can we really expect when S9 will be ending on such a down-note?

Maybe this was discussed while I was away; if so, sorry for bringing it up again. Just point me to the back pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  anyone wanna be insanely jealous???? i know the girl who bought the 2010 outfit.

and even worse, she fits it.
                  Wow! Can you imagine wearing it to work?

"Oh? This? Just a little something I got from a remarkable woman....."

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    And Jester is in very fine form tonight! Tell me, Jester, are you going to scan in that autographed wedding photo to share with us?

I think this is my 1,500th post.....and made right here in the Kingdom of Samanda!

The guys get together to share some ice cream in honor of this well-earned posting milestone!

Even Sam couldn't believe it when she heard it!
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

To get serious for a moment (just a moment, I promise!) ...

Coley has written some recent posts on this and she is feeling quite strongly about it ... the newest Stargate mag has interviews with both Amanda and Rob Cooper. In RC's interview, he doles out praise on all the main cast, especially the newbies, and also MS and CJ, but does not say anything at all about AT/Sam. I haven't had a chance to get the mag ... have any of you also read it? How do you feel about what seems to be another glaring omission of Sam?!

I did, however, find time to read the GW episode descriptions for the rest of S9 and don't see much of Sam written into anything, other than Ripple Effect.
                      Spoiler:
                      It seems quite telling that the final two eps are Vala-heavy and, coincidentally, RC is stepping into the director's role for the final show and also doing the writing/producing I believe. I winced when I read of a minor character described as a "harlot" who befriends Vala. So be prepared for more sexual banter and scanty costumes.

How does SG1 fit into all this?! Sam Carter may be coming back for S10, but what can we really expect when S9 will be ending on such a down-note?

Maybe this was discussed while I was away; if so, sorry for bringing it up again. Just point me to the back pages.
                      On the MSN IT list.....causing an uproar on the internet.....methinks (and don't throw anything at me, please).....methinks it may be time our Queen ventured out to conquer a new kingdom.....HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!

She's being talked about and seen out a lot! Could some publicists be working behind the scene to find a new opportunity for her? Ya know.....she has.....(*coughs*).....friends.....in Hollywood. Close friends who probably want good things for her, and wouldn't want to see her disrespected......

Please don't throw anything at me! (runs to corner--hides behind recliner)

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

The guys get together to share some ice cream in honor of this well-earned posting milestone!

Even Sam couldn't believe it when she heard it!
                        Ah......thanks, ShimmeringStar!

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Hmm, there's more than that
                          Spoiler:
                          Off the Grid has 'Sam saving the day'. There's the episode that has Sam and Cameron talking about the secrets they have to hide from their loved ones and the one where Sam and Cam go invisible like Daniel in Crystal Skull. And Sam gets to play 'adventurer' in the finale as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Hmm, there's more than that
                            Spoiler:
                            There's the episode that has Sam and Cameron talking about the secrets they have to hide from their loved ones
                            Yeah, but that line doesn't exactly do good things for her character (unless it was changed before filming).

Comment

Just a fly-by post! I enjoy visiting your Thread! Amanda is remarkable, I agree!!

Congrats, sg-1fanintn for 1500 POSTS!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

as to coop's interview...we don't know when it was done. during those weeks of her maternity leave, they only seemed totalk about the actors that were on the set, and seemed to rather pointedly, pimp up the two new kids (which is what you'd expect....they're not going to moan amanda's absence and make it even more noticible, they're going to promote what they have, which was cam and vala)

if it ws done after amanda's return.....i'll have to just shut my mouth right now because it's not nice
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X