Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by minigeek
    Ok that's just adorable. What a sweetheart. Ya just wanna hug her.

    In honor of that, another hasty vector sketch of the loverly gal.

    http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/3...sketch56is.jpg
    Very nice work! I hope you'll consider doing more; I've always thought there should be more vector art of Amanda.

    Comment


      Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Okay I contacted Abydos Gate about their assertions regarding contract statuses and JM's blog...and they wrote back the following:

      Hi Mary Beth,

      Thanks for your note, I asked our news editor to check where he got that
      info from and pulled that particular piece until he gets his sources
      straight.

      Thanks for visiting and taking the time to write,

      Have a great day,

      Mesh

      you go, girl!



      sally
      sally

      sigpic

      Comment


        great vector sketch there, mini.....

        can't wait to see more
        Stargate Pants Girl
        (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
        Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

        Comment


          Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Maybe he called Amanda because they're friends? Just a thought
          Exactly. And I think, as well, some people don' realize that being 'prepared' to have your character disliked and receiving hatemail are mutually exclusive feelings. Disliking David's acting skills is one thing; disliking the character of Pete Shanahan is another. But disliking David as a person simply because one dislikes the character he plays on TV is a dangerous slope to slip on. And it's unfair to the actor, as a human being. No one is ever truly 'prepared' to read a hateful letter directed at their person; it doesn't matter how much coaching they've had. It still stings. Actors who say they are completely prepared for hate mail - don't read their own mail at all. They pay someone else to do it. And can you blame them?

          Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

          Comment


            Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            I don't get this either. Do I need to write her a letter on behalf of sane shippers too? I've got a lot of writing to do.
            don't sweat it, uber, other shippers covered it already. old, old news.







            sally
            sally

            sigpic

            Comment


              Wooo, on a slightly OT note - I got a good sloganizer!!!

              Sam Carter - Better than Sex hahahahaha

              Comment


                did anyone ask amanda if sam and orlin had sex in ascension? if not (or the answer is something you think i'd not like), can you please just tell me.



                sally
                sally

                sigpic

                Comment


                  Originally posted by minigeek
                  Ok that's just adorable. What a sweetheart. Ya just wanna hug her.

                  In honor of that, another hasty vector sketch of the loverly gal.


                  Wow that is lovely, you've captured Amanda's look down to a "T"
                  ......TARA......

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Maybe he called Amanda because they're friends? Just a thought
                    really, AD? wow.



                    sally
                    sally

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by minigeek
                      Exactly. And I think, as well, some people don' realize that being 'prepared' to have your character disliked and receiving hatemail are mutually exclusive feelings. Disliking David's acting skills is one thing; disliking the character of Pete Shanahan is another. But disliking David as a person simply because one dislikes the character he plays on TV is a dangerous slope to slip on. And it's unfair to the actor, as a human being. No one is ever truly 'prepared' to read a hateful letter directed at their person; it doesn't matter how much coaching they've had. It still stings. Actors who say they are completely prepared for hate mail - don't read their own mail at all. They pay someone else to do it. And can you blame them?
                      you know why i think this gets to me (this subject and issue)? because i have absolutely, positively NO doubts that they kept pete shanahan around because he was related to one of the exec producers. this character didn't go over well, and neither did the storyline (and not just by shippers). so why bring 'him' back? and let's not forget how upset amanda was, herself, about the whole of 'affinity' (especially the last scene). agenda.

                      this is a *very* sore subject for me because there's been a heck of a lot of agendas going on since season 7 (and this one was a biggie). and seeing as amanda's being pushed out the door, welcome to agenda number 97.

                      bitter, naw.




                      sally
                      sally

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        I found this interesting..........



                        hehe......*giggles uncontrolably*

                        Can you believe Chris does this to people on set?
                        Even did it to Teryl, too.

                        Anyone want to caption it????????
                        Stargate Pants Girl
                        (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
                        Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Boobala



                          (director martin wood, directing chris judge): "that's right, chris, tape amanda to the chair! after you're done, i'm taping you to the other one. if it's the *only* way to keep you both on stargate sg1, then i'll super glue you to them too!"




                          sally
                          sally

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by majorsal
                            you know why i think this gets to me (this subject and issue)? because i have absolutely, positively NO doubts that they kept pete shanahan around because he was related to one of the exec producers. this character didn't go over well, and neither did the storyline (and not just by shippers). so why bring 'him' back? and let's not forget how upset amanda was, herself, about the whole of 'affinity' (especially the last scene). agenda.

                            this is a *very* sore subject for me because there's been a heck of a lot of agendas going on since season 7 (and this one was a biggie). and seeing as amanda's being pushed out the door, welcome to agenda number 97.

                            bitter, naw.




                            sally
                            My apologies to the other-/non-/anti-shippers, as it looks like our dear VP is having a moment and needs some help. Avert your eyes if you like...

                            Okay Sal...here's an entirely different look at it...

                            I believe they brought Pete back and propelled them into an engaged coupling to further Jack/Sam ship.



                            How on EARTH can I say that? Simple.

                            Sam and Jack had FOREVER to give thought to their personal feelings for each other. They were at a stalemate...each putting duty before self-interest. Plus we know from Grace that Sam had "intimacy issues."

                            With Grace we saw Sam finally giving herself permission to try something else...a real relationship with a real guy who she's really allowed to date.

                            They were together for awhile and even got engaged. So there's no question that Sam seriously considered a future with someone else and even consented to agree to marry him.

                            How exactly does this prove my above assertion then? A few reasons.

                            First, they brought Pete back...ONSCREEN. This tells me that they were going to deal quite heavily with this aspect of her personna...one that would have to come to a head either with a wedding or a broken engagement. The ship debate would end with either result. Now if TPTB had no interest in propelling ship, then Pete would have been a memory, onscreen at least. We would have heard about him second hand...Sam would have simply and giddily announced to her coworkers that she was engaged and the issue would never again come up. She'd just be happily involved with Pete, who we'd know was still around because of strategically placed one-sided phone calls with a very happy Carter talking to her guy.

                            Second, Sam went as far as she possibly could (without crossing the line) to try a relationship with someone she cared about and was attracted to and found "suitable" to her dream of "a life." But when push came to shove, she couldn't go through with it. She ditched him...in part because of her feelings for Jack which by now she realized were real after all.

                            Affinity proves that TPTB are shippers and wanted to convey onscreen that Jack and Sam would end up together eventually. How, you say? Well, you may or may not have noticed that we are not rooting for our hero, "Lt. Colonel Samantha Shanahan" this season. If TPTB truly wanted to nip ship in the bud, having her get married to some other guy would have been a thoroughly affective way to end the whole thing once and for all. I for one would have found it exceedingly difficult to hope and wish for a married woman to break her wedding vows and "follow her heart"...plus this goes against what we know of Sam, that she puts honor above all else.

                            So we got Threads and all that it entailed, including Jack getting dumped because Kerry saw right through him after seeing him around Sam. Keep in mind, these moments are scripted. I'm fairly certain this was not an accident, but rather a well thought out plan by the writers to show both of them coming to turning points in their lives regarding their unresolved feelings for each other.

                            So seriously...I got onscreen more than I could have dreamed...a yellow house, sloshed beer, fishing and hope for the future.

                            So take off the cynical, brooding, bitter glasses and feel better about it my dear friend. All is well.

                            Now back to our regularly scheduled Samandering.

                            Last edited by Uber; 04 November 2005, 12:25 AM.

                            ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by minigeek
                              Ok that's just adorable. What a sweetheart. Ya just wanna hug her.

                              In honor of that, another hasty vector sketch of the loverly gal.

                              http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/3...sketch56is.jpg
                              Very nice minigeek - sorry but I'm locked out of the green frig currently
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by tsaxlady
                                If you have not voted yet it MSNBCs IT poll get over there and vote Amanda is currently in second place.

                                MSNBC.com

                                Just went and voted, she's currently in the lead by a percentage point!
                                LizWhite.net

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X