Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As requested by Major Sal, here are some GABIT tidbits about:

J/S ship ... and RDA in general

As I mentioned previously, Amanda really had fun with the Jack/Sam dogtags during auction and wound them around and proudly exclaimed: "together at last"! She also does something funny if you ask her to autograph the famous "wedding picture of J/S". I treated myself to the RDA signed photo and then gave to Amanda for her sig ... I later realized that she did this on any copies she signed: Richard's sig is under his face and then Amanda draws a heart with the letter "s" next to it, signifying "loves" and then signs her name under! I love my copy!

You can tell she adores RDA and must really miss him. The constant hugging and teasing were a part of each day and her being the one to "crick his back" ... I think someone asked why her? And she laughed and said that he wouldn't dare let CJ try to do that without sustaining major injury and that Daniel hugging Jack would just not be too ... too ... and everyone laughed!

Aside from that, I can't remember any other specific RDA references in the talks. Well, there was the "gas, gas, gas". Fellow GABITeers ... please add something if you can.

DDL and other male relationships

Just that DDL phoned her, quite upset over a letter he got from an irate fan who did not want him to be in Sam's life ... and she tried to calm him down. I think she mentioned that she casually had to tell Alan about her day on the set when they were filming the bedroom scene ... "another day at the office" kind of report, but with AT's great facial gestures it made it so funny. That and when she was filming with Adrian Paul in The Void. When she would talk about her hot love scenes, she would convey "it's a hard job but somebody's gotta do it" kind of mentality.

In her upcoming movie with Christian Slater, she plays his former sweetheart and does get to kiss him - she seemed quite excited about that!

And Johnny Depp ... oh she is a huge fan! He continued to pop up as an answer to all sorts of questions.

JR Bourne ... nothing in the works for them professionally since Stargate and Stuck. She would love a script that got them together again. Anyone out there want to provide?

Amanda's family and mood

Amanda came to GABIT with hubby and baby; however, their privacy was safely guarded and we're not even sure if they were staying in same hotel. At times it seemed so ... during the final autograph session, Coley and 1speed were next in line and AT was told that Olivia needed her and had to excuse herself for a bit. Coley and 1speed sat down in front of the autograph table and waited ... so there were times when Amanda had to nurse baby and take care of her needs. At that point, during the day, Olivia must have been nearby/upstairs. The GABIT directors were quite good at overseeing the logistics of all this. She also has two body guards (men in black types who look like secret service) that are never too far away.

Amanda got to play a wicked practical joke on Julia, one of the directors. When they had driven her to hotel, AT sprinted out of car and jumped and rolled on the hood! The driver, Becky, was stunned because she had come to a complete stop ... and poor Julia nearly had a heart attack thinking that Becky had hit Amanda! Amanda just wanted to liven things up a bit for her caretakers!

Amanda spoke a lot about being mommy and the nursing and often made funny remarks throughout her talks. She also revealed that the nanny is Jan Newman's daughter. Jan is the makeup supervisor on Stargate set and has been "mothering" Amanda for past nine seasons. Even though the nanny takes care of Olivia on the set, Amanda and Alan do not have a live-in nanny. AT proudly announced that she's "full on" regarding her mommy duties. So, if Olivia has a restless night, it's Amanda who gets up and feeds her. She says that she is continually "sleep deprived" ... often nursing the baby in one arm while holding her script with the other hand and learning her lines. But she laughs it off and say that she just accepts the sleep deprivation as a fact of life.

Amanda looks amazing! She has slimmed down post-preggers and is as bubbly and funny as ever. She really could have a comedy show of her own. Kept us all in stitches with looks, gestures, and double entendres.

She was very touched by this event ... over 250 fans coming from across the globe. One young woman at my cocktail table had flown in from Alaska, with an eight-hour layover in Seattle! Now that's dedication! Amanda was asked what was the best con experience she ever had and she promptly said that GABIT would go down as her best yet because of the smaller numbers and more intimacy and more time to be with her fans. She wore mostly jeans and casual tops. I think Sunday-morning's presentation was the best as she really hit her stride and seemed so relaxed. The charity auction, though, was where she came offstage and really hammed it up with the items being auctioned. She couldn't keep still! There was a bobbing-head doll of Sam Carter that she thought was a hoot ... she kept walking around with the little doll and suggested that we bid on it and then put it in the rear window of a car! She also thought the doll looked more like Ellen DeGeneres than her!

Another auction item she had fun with was a black Sam Carter t-shirt from one of the earlier seasons ... it looked pretty small ... Amanda laughed when she saw it, held it up across her chest, and wisecracked that her current figure wouldn't fit into the shirt, especially with all the breastfeeding she's doing! She's delightfully self-deprecatory and it makes you love her even more.

One of my acquaintances asked if she was going trick and treating with Olivia for Halloween? AT looked suspicious and asked why? Laura unfolded an American-Flag scarf and everyone was laughing ... a miniature costume for Olivia to copy her momma's famous layout shot!! Amanda loved the gag!

She said her momma hormones make her weepy at times and she finds herself crying at the drop of hat ... the crew are now used to this. She cried onstage at the very end of the con ... in thanking everyone and wishing us all safe trips home. They then closed with a photo-slideshow of many of the fans who attended. They opened the con with the same presentation. Amanda hung around to watch it all from the sidelines and said she would gladly do another GABIT in the future. Oh, during the times that Amanda wasn't onstage, there were either Stargate episodes being projected on a large screen or DVDs/video clips similar to what some here have done. I tried hard to have them approve Uber's for general presentation but couldn't get it to fly. Anything handed in as a gift had to be screened first and approved. So, MB, at least Amanda will be watching your great video soon in her own home!

That's it for now; have to get to work!
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 03 November 2005, 03:01 PM.

Comment

CG - STANDING OVATION!

Thank you so much for sharing all of that, hun! That was a most wonderful read. Very very cool.

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Awesome report, CG... thanks for taking the time to type it all out for us!

My LJ

Comment

DDL phoned her, quite upset over a letter he got from an irate fan who did not want him to be in Sam's life ... and she tried to calm him down.
          Aww, poor David. See, and he'd care about something like that too. I think it's wacky that someone would write a letter to an actor they *don't* like, just so they can tell them they hate their character. I mean, fanmail I understand, it makes sense, fanmail is born of a desire to share something positive and uplifting. But "character" hate mail? Never get that sorta thing.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            I think it's wacky that someone would write a letter to an actor they *don't* like, just so they can tell them they hate their character.
            I can empathize with the sentiment, but it's a wasted effort to send the letter to a guest actor. It's not like he had any control over the so-called storyline. It does seem a bit odd to call Amanda. Wasn't he told that there were going to be a lot of people who hated his character?

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
              I can empathize with the sentiment, but it's a wasted effort to send the letter to a guest actor. It's not like he had any control over the so-called storyline.
              I'm afraid that I cannot even empathise with the sentiment. There's the fact you mentioned - that he's an actor and hasn't control over the writing for his character - but even if he had, even if he invented the character, there's also the fact that - it's just a character. And he is still a human being. I simply can't understand why a person would even bother to write a hateful letter at all. It's simply a mean-spirited thing to do, whether or not he's an actor, whether or not he's "prepared" for people to dislike his on-screen character's romance. Hatemail is hatemail. I's no different than writing a hateful letter to any human being. And over a fictional television character's romance? It's just wrong, in my opinion.

Originally posted by parsifal
              It does seem a bit odd to call Amanda. Wasn't he told that there were going to be a lot of people who hated his character?
              I'm sure he was. And he's grown up in Hollywood too. But I'm quite sure David also had(has) a bit of a RL "crush" on Amanda (and really, who wouldn't? {grin}) so you know, any reason to call her up....

mini

Comment

J/S ship ... and RDA in general

As I mentioned previously, Amanda really had fun with the Jack/Sam dogtags during auction and wound them around and proudly exlaimed: "together at last"! She also does something funny if you ask her to autograph the famous "wedding picture of J/S". I treated myself to the RDA signed photo and then gave to Amanda for her sig ... I later realized that she did this on any copies she signed: Richard's sig is under his face and then Amanda draws a heart with the letter "s" next to it, signifying "loves" and then signs her name under! I love my copy!

You can tell she adores RDA and must really miss him. The constant hugging and teasing were a part of each day and her being the one to "crick his back" ... I think someone asked why her? And she laughed and said that he wouldn't dare let CJ try to do that without sustaining major injury and that Daniel hugging Jack would just not be too ... too ... and everyone laughed!

Aside from that, I can't remember any other specific RDA references in the talks. Well, there was the "gas, gas, gas". Fellow GABITeers ... please add something if you can.

DDL and other male relationships

Just that DDL phoned her, quite upset over a letter he got from an irate fan who did not want him to be in Sam's life ... and she tried to calm him down. I think she mentioned that she casually had to tell Alan about her day on the set when they were filming the bedroom scene ... "another day at the office" kind of report, but with AT's great facial gestures it made it so funny. That and when she was filming with Adrian Paul in The Void. When she would talk about her hot love scenes, she would convey "it's a hard job but somebody's gotta do it" kind of mentality.

In her upcoming movie with Christian Slater, she plays his former sweetheart and does get to kiss him - she seemed quite excited about that!

And Johnny Depp ... oh she is a huge fan! He continued to pop up as an answer to all sorts of questions.

JR Bourne ... nothing in the works for them professionally since Stargate and Stuck. She would love a script that got them together again. Anyone out there want to provide?

Amanda's family and mood

Amanda came to GABIT with hubby and baby; however, their privacy was safely guarded and we're not even sure if they were staying in same hotel. At times it seemed so ... during the final autograph session, Coley and 1speed were next in line and AT was told that Olivia needed her and had to excuse herself for a bit. Coley and 1speed sat down in front of the autograph table and waited ... so there were times when Amanda had to nurse baby and take care of her needs. At that point, during the day, Olivia must have been nearby/upstairs. The GABIT directors were quite good at overseeing the logistics of all this. She also has two body guards (men in black types who look like secret service) that are never too far away.

Amanda got to play a wicked practical joke on Julia, one of the directors. When they had driven her to hotel, AT sprinted out of car and jumped and rolled on the hood! The driver, Becky, was stunned because she had come to a complete stop ... and poor Julia nearly had a heart attack thinking that Becky had hit Amanda! Amanda just wanted to liven things up a bit for her caretakers!

Amanda spoke a lot about being mommy and the nursing and often made funny remarks throughout her talks. She also revealed that the nanny is Jan Newman's daughter. Jan is the makeup supervisor on Stargate set and has been "mothering" Amanda for past nine seasons. Even though the nanny takes care of Olivia on the set, Amanda and Alan do not have a live-in nanny. AT proudly announced that she's "full on" regarding her mommy duties. So, if Olivia has a restless night, it's Amanda who gets up and feeds her. She says that she is continually "sleep deprived" ... often nursing the baby in one arm while holding her script with the other hand and learning her lines. But she laughs it off and say that she just accepts the sleep deprivation as a fact of life.

Amanda looks amazing! She has slimmed down post-preggers and is as bubbly and funny as ever. She really could have a comedy show of her own. Kept us all in stitches with looks, gestures, and double entendres.

She was very touched by this event ... over 250 fans coming from across the globe. One young woman at my cocktail table had flown in from Alaska, with an eight-hour layover in Seattle! Now that's dedication! Amanda was asked what was the best con experience she ever had and she promptly said that GABIT would go down as her best yet because of the smaller numbers and more intimacy and more time to be with her fans. She wore mostly jeans and casual tops. I think Sunday-morning's presentation was the best as she really hit her stride and seemed so relaxed. The charity auction, though, was where she came offstage and really hammed it up with the items being auctioned. She couldn't keep still! There was a bobbing-head doll of Sam Carter that she thought was a hoot ... she kept walking around with the little doll and suggested that we bid on it and then put it in the rear window of a car! She also thought the doll looked more like Ellen DeGeneres than her!

Another auction item she had fun with was a black Sam Carter t-shirt from one of the earlier seasons ... it looked pretty small ... Amanda laughed when she saw it, held it up across her chest, and wisecracked that her current figure wouldn't fit into the shirt, especially with all the breastfeeding she's doing! She's delightfully self-deprecatory and it makes you love her even more.

One of my acquaintances asked if she was going trick and treating with Olivia for Halloween? AT looked suspicious and asked why? Laura unfolded an American-Flag scarf and everyone was laughing ... a miniature costume for Olivia to copy her momma's famous layout shot!! Amanda loved the gag!

She said her momma hormones make her weepy at times and she finds herself crying at the drop of hat ... the crew are now used to this. She cried onstage at the very end of the con ... in thanking everyone and wishing us all safe trips home. They then closed with a photo-slideshow of many of the fans who attended. They opened the con with the same presentation. Amanda hung around to watch it all from the sidelines and said she would gladly do another GABIT in the future. Oh, during the times that Amanda wasn't onstage, there were either Stargate episodes being projected on a large screen or DVDs/video clips similar to what some here have done. I tried hard to have them approve Uber's for general presentation but couldn't get it to fly. Anything handed in as a gift had to be screened first and approved. So, MB, at least Amanda will be watching your great video soon in her own home!

That's it for now; have to get to work!

Wow thankyou for posting this i'm just so sorry hubby and me could'nt make it but we will next time!
                Amanda is doing really well if she's looking after Olivia and holding down a full time job that needs every bit of her, bless her heart.
                ......TARA......

Comment

Kck but. I hope we get Sam in every ep. of SG-1 and at least five for Atlantis next season. Then on some Fridays we can have Sam for two hours.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Hey guys...

VOTE FOR AMANDA!

In the MSNBC "It" List... I think if we get SAmandans on board, we can tip the scales!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4043608/#survey

Ta,
                    mini
                    Ooh Amanda's in second place!! Let's show TPTB at Sony and Scifi how many fans Sam and Amanda really have by showing your love for Amanda. How great would that be right now to have Amanda win for favorite Scifi Actress? So scream it from the rooftops people! I can't hear you in London yet!

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                      I am not sure where they are getting that from but I di dnot see it in JMs blog - they may be extrapolating it from something he said.

I too will likely bow out if they diminish the character in favor of vala but I am going to wait and see as the hue and cry for Sam Carter/AT this past four days has been amazing and may have them waking up a bit (I can hope can't I). Mallozzi did say nothing is written in stone and even if they do split her time I think they realized that Carter is an extremely important member of the team and they really need to make her a strong, integral part of whichever show she is on. It seems to me that many more poeple then before have come out in favor of Carter and supprot of Carter (not just so-called Sam Fans) and I am even seeing more now on the negative side for vala and more saying if you have vala have her in small doses - so you never know what can hapen. Plus until I actually hear that vala is fulltime SG1 and Carter is not, from an official site I will hedge my bets but as I said if that does turn out to be the case I will bow out as I cannot stomach vala (sorry not even a little) because of what she represents in sci-fi and epecially because if it does go down that way they are putting crass, cheap sexualized crap over a welll established, respected, leader, and I will not lend my $ or time to that kind of highschool, fanboy nonesense.
                      Okay, this is my first time on in like a month and I'm having a coronary over what I'm reading!!! Couldn'ta said it better myself. It terrifies me to think of this scenario - one of the reasons my daughter and I watch Stargate is because Sam is such a positive role model. All the members of SG1 and most of the SGC personnel are, as well, and Vala in there is like a fly in the middle of on of Sam's mean souffles.

There's plenty of run of the mill space shows out there, I would hate to see Stargate end up as one of them.
                      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

I'm afraid that I cannot even empathise with the sentiment. There's the fact you mentioned - that he's an actor and hasn't control over the writing for his character - but even if he had, even if he invented the character, there's also the fact that - it's just a character. And he is still a human being. I simply can't understand why a person would even bother to write a hateful letter at all. It's simply a mean-spirited thing to do, whether or not he's an actor, whether or not he's "prepared" for people to dislike his on-screen character's romance. Hatemail is hatemail. I's no different than writing a hateful letter to any human being. And over a fictional television character's romance? It's just wrong, in my opinion.

I'm sure he was. And he's grown up in Hollywood too. But I'm quite sure David also had(has) a bit of a RL "crush" on Amanda (and really, who wouldn't? {grin}) so you know, any reason to call her up....

mini
                        You know, I have a desire to write DDL and GS and what ever actor that received the ire from shippers because of role that they played on television and apologize on our behalves.

DDL was adorable...as was GS and their scenes with Amanda were really well done. They didn't do anything wrong. They were given a script and they acted to the best of their abilities and provided very cute moments...like when Pete proposed and he made the comments about dating a superhero and how she should consider spandex and a cape or the scene in Narim's house where Sam hears her voice echoing through the hallway. In all incidents, the men were funny and sweet and Amanda (as Sam) did a great job communicating how amused she was with both situations.

I get a little disturbed when people mix fantasy and reality. I mean I love to do that in FUN, but when it's taken seriously and actors just doing their job are fussed at for a fictional set of events...that's just...off.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                          Kck but. I hope we get Sam in every ep. of SG-1 and at least five for Atlantis next season. Then on some Fridays we can have Sam for two hours.
                          From your... fingers to TPTB's... eyes.

CG, your report was awesome! You (and your GABITEER cohorts) totally rock.

As for DDL's mishap... People are crazy, that's for sure. But I'm so glad he felt like he could trust AT enough to call her and seek some insight and perspective. I can only imagine what experiences she was able to draw her words of wisdom from. The phone call and their obvious respect for each other says a lot about both of their characters. I just wish people would simmer down in the "threatening" department.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                            Oh gosh - the forum is back up.

Not had time to look back at any posts I'm afraid, however my spirits are now lower than ever.

Took a brief wander on a few other sites last night and saw - another gabiteer had posted Aamnda's quotes from the first session on saturday right up there on a thread on her (AT's) official website on a thread regarding season 10, along with a recommendation that AT shouldn't put up with such treatment and should leave the show!! This was posted on sunday - so I guess we were not the only ones putting Amanda's words out there.

Now for the upsetting part - on the Abydos Gate on the Sam Carter section it is stated that CB has been asked to come back FULL TIME - I think this was from JM's blog??? So what I have been fearing for the last 9 months may actually becoming to fruition. Sounds like Vala will take the lead form Sam and TPTB want to hedge their bets and keep the Sam fans by having Carter as a recurring role.

Well I'm sorry chaps but that is me bowing out of the Stargate viewing fratenity I think. It is no longer SG1 and I feel bad for Amanda that she was kept out of the loop regarding the direction of the show and her character. It is now obvious that TPTB had made sure they delivered contracts to who they regard as the main players in season 10 and leaft the writers struggling with what to do with Sam.

Vala as the main female lead in the show above Carter???? No thanks!!!

No thanks!!!
                            Okay I contacted Abydos Gate about their assertions regarding contract statuses and JM's blog...and they wrote back the following:

Hi Mary Beth,

Thanks for your note, I asked our news editor to check where he got that
                            info from and pulled that particular piece until he gets his sources
                            straight.

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to write,

Have a great day,

Mesh

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Okay I contacted Abydos Gate about their assertions regarding contract statuses and JM's blog...and they wrote back the following:

Hi Mary Beth,

Thanks for your note, I asked our news editor to check where he got that
                              info from and pulled that particular piece until he gets his sources
                              straight.

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to write,

Have a great day,

Mesh
                              Thanks and good work! you go grrl. My heartbeat just decreased significantly....
                              If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                              proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                              Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                                Thanks and good work! you go grrl. My heartbeat just decreased significantly....
                                Very cool MB

I may be recalling this incorrectly, but if memory serves, I remember reading a person's comments somewhere that said the notion of Claudia being offered a full season's contract came from "Solutions". Isn't that one of the other stargate websites? Or is that the same as Abydos Gate? I'm not up on my website-owerships in the fandom.

Comment

Working...
                                X