X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    an alternative to pming darren is to send an e-mail to [email protected]

that works too
    Thanks Skydiver - I sent the e-mail t that address as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Okay, AD, here's one for you and me.

Wooo

That's so much better than the other pics they were posting

Comment

since i can't come up with any hopes/desires/ideas on how sam could be used in season 10 (or atlantis), i'm going to continue with 'my' show for sam - stargate: gemini.

recap of what show's about: it takes place on a new base on another planet, where the ships of stargate and atlantis are built. sam occasionally takes the ships out and tests them (and of course has adventures), but sam also is second in running the base.

casting:

lt colonel sam carter (amanda tapping). she's second in command of the base and creates/test flies the ships.

general robert gilmore. no-nonsense commander with a secret. (you decide the secret)

major ken stills. expert in engineering. married, with three children.

captain marjorie freeman. came with sam from the sgc because of her science skills.

cassie fraiser. came with sam because of her problems at home. stayed with sam because she found something she could do. (you decide what)

we can add/delete characters.

i'd like to pick the cast. let's play!

sally
        Last edited by majorsal; 02 November 2005, 08:50 PM.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
          Well, is it really better right now with Sam lying against a pillow, an inquiring look on her face, and the caption "Sam Carter, your personal entertainer"?

AD, you need to patent that Surprisingly Psychic Sloganizer!
          And right now, I have Sam with her big honkin' gun from Forever in a Day (sorry, I'm that bad with guns ) and the caption is : "Heal the world with Sam Carter"
          Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sam: "you know, i think someone up there hates me. i woke up half an hour late. got stuck in traffic and arrived an hour and a half late for work. no one seemed to think it was important to tell me that the bottom of my skirt was stuck in my underware. for hours. i spilled ketchup on my skirt, which helped me to realize that i'd been flashing my co-workers all day. i tipped over my coffee and short-circuited my keyboard. i feel like i'm getting a cold. or plague. or a brain tumor. i'm also pmsing which makes me want to cry and kill in the same moment. so now you're telling me that i have to PAY to even sit on your lousy boat... i suggest you kill yourself now, or i'll have to kill you myself and it won't be a pretty picture."

sally

LOL!!!!
            Just a normal day at the office then?
            ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Boobala
              wouldn't want Sam to be my doctor there, besides i don't like needles....
              How come someone who doesn't like needles can be so fond of Janet ?
              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                Okay, AD, here's one for you and me.

Wait! No fair. I'm a Sam/Janet FRIENDshipper.

Can't I enjoy it too???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  How come someone who doesn't like needles can be so fond of Janet ?
                  haven't like needles for years, even before stargate......

it's the voice that is calming ......
                  Stargate Pants Girl
                  (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
                  Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

AD & Strix here is some Sam Janet and even a little CAKE for you both

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

okay, *someone* go back to my 'stargate: gemini' post/scenario and play with it! i'm going out of my bloody mind with boredom! we can't talk about sam's contribution to sg1 because she barely has any! we can't talk about sam's contribution to season 10 because they don't know what to do with her! we can't talk about sam's contribution to atlantis because no one seems to want her there! SO....

let's pretend that sam's on another show.

please.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        okay, *someone* go back to my 'stargate: gemini' post/scenario and play with it! i'm going out of my bloody mind with boredom! we can't talk about sam's contribution to sg1 because she barely has any! we can't talk about sam's contribution to season 10 because they don't know what to do with her! we can't talk about sam's contribution to atlantis because no one seems to want her there! SO....

let's pretend that sam's on another show.

please.

sally
                        I have an idea but it takes time to flesh it out...plus as we speak I'm doing a rush update for a client. So...gimme time...but it includes some good Sam whumping, snarkage and much more...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Oh gosh - the forum is back up.

Not had time to look back at any posts I'm afraid, however my spirits are now lower than ever.

Took a brief wander on a few other sites last night and saw - another gabiteer had posted Aamnda's quotes from the first session on saturday right up there on a thread on her (AT's) official website on a thread regarding season 10, along with a recommendation that AT shouldn't put up with such treatment and should leave the show!! This was posted on sunday - so I guess we were not the only ones putting Amanda's words out there.

Now for the upsetting part - on the Abydos Gate on the Sam Carter section it is stated that CB has been asked to come back FULL TIME - I think this was from JM's blog??? So what I have been fearing for the last 9 months may actually becoming to fruition. Sounds like Vala will take the lead form Sam and TPTB want to hedge their bets and keep the Sam fans by having Carter as a recurring role.

Well I'm sorry chaps but that is me bowing out of the Stargate viewing fratenity I think. It is no longer SG1 and I feel bad for Amanda that she was kept out of the loop regarding the direction of the show and her character. It is now obvious that TPTB had made sure they delivered contracts to who they regard as the main players in season 10 and leaft the writers struggling with what to do with Sam.

Vala as the main female lead in the show above Carter???? No thanks!!!

No thanks!!!

Comment

Many many thanks to every single one of you who have posted and pm'd little messages of support and cheer regarding the GABIT fiasco. They meant an awful lot. Kindness most certainly reigns here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

Not had time to look back at any posts I'm afraid, however my spirits are now lower than ever.

Took a brief wander on a few other sites last night and saw - another gabiteer had posted Aamnda's quotes from the first session on saturday right up there on a thread on her (AT's) official website on a thread regarding season 10, along with a recommendation that AT shouldn't put up with such treatment and should leave the show!! This was posted on sunday - so I guess we were not the only ones putting Amanda's words out there.

Now for the upsetting part - on the Abydos Gate on the Sam Carter section it is stated that CB has been asked to come back FULL TIME - I think this was from JM's blog??? So what I have been fearing for the last 9 months may actually becoming to fruition. Sounds like Vala will take the lead form Sam and TPTB want to hedge their bets and keep the Sam fans by having Carter as a recurring role.

Well I'm sorry chaps but that is me bowing out of the Stargate viewing fratenity I think. It is no longer SG1 and I feel bad for Amanda that she was kept out of the loop regarding the direction of the show and her character. It is now obvious that TPTB had made sure they delivered contracts to who they regard as the main players in season 10 and leaft the writers struggling with what to do with Sam.

No thanks!!!

i know, coley, i know.

i've thought about it, and if sam's a recurring character on sg1 and atlantis, i'll be a recurring viewer. i'll just watch the eps she's in and fastforward through parts to find her scenes. and to think that i'd *ever* think that way about stargate eps...

stargate: gemini's sounding better and better.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

No thanks!!!
                                I don't get where they see that. I just checked the blog and as far as I can see, he's made no comments whatsoever about anyone having signed back on or about what contract was offered to whom.

We don't know who has or hasn't signed. We only know that contracts have been offered to everyone...including Amanda and Claudia. BUT I have seen nothing official to indicate what type of contract Claudia has been offered. Lots of speculation on various sites...but no official word. For all we know the contract is for a recurring role rather than a full time one. We just don't know yet.

No, I'm not getting all Pollyanna on you...it could still turn out "wrong" with certain suits wanting CB to phase out AT...but right now it's just speculation. For the MOMENT, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But you're right...if our fears were right, my time with SG-1 will also have ended. I think I said something like "the moment I see Sam's SG-1 patch on Vala's shoulder, I'm outta here." I'll stick with that.
                                Last edited by Uber; 02 November 2005, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X