Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    I'll just reiterate what everyone else has said

none of the gabiteers repeated priviledged info. no one relayed a secret or somthing they'd asked to be kept private. they repeated words that amanda said on a STAGE in front of hundreds of people. She's an intelligent person and is well versed in how the net and fandom works (remember the whole s6 mess, she may n ot have been involved but she had a ringside seat to that mess). She knew that her words would be repeated.

NOne of you did anything wrong. You just repeated what you'd heard.

And i agree with whomever it was (sorry, i've skimmed like 20 pages int he past hour) that listed all the 'reasons' to be concerned, the promotion of vala over the existing cast, the fascination with cameron, the fact that Sam has pretty much been relegated to verymuch supporting cast member, etc, as further fuel to the fire that, yes, someone somewhere may be giving serious consideration to the removal of Sam.

None of you did anything wrong, i'll say it again. If amanda didn't want word to spread about s10 adn her contract, she wouldn't have said a word.

What i think and feel, her statement on her site was more of a 'ok, let's not have a repeat of the sdj mess' type of statement

She knew what she was saying and had to have had some idea of how things would go down.

so none of you should feel guilty in the slightest. because it wasn't only you that spread the word, it was dozens of other attendees who heard the exact same thing
    I totally agree with you.

No, CG, Coley, Kat, 1speed, don't blame yourselves. You reported news. Nothing more. And we were asking and craving for them. Remember all the posts asking, demanding informations when we knew something happened but didn't know what ?

I too think that Amanda's message was some sort of a plea not to start a "Save Samantha Carter" campaign. And I must point out that everyone on this thread even when we were stunned and shocked by the news agreed not to start such a thing but rather do something positive like sending respectful letters to TPTB showing our support for the Sam character and AT.

Speaking for myself now, I didn't post much this weekend. I was too afraid of overreacting and I'm sure I did in the few posts I made. If I choosed to posts those pictures of our beloved queen with silly comments it was because I thought we, Samandans and our occasional guests (thanks for their support) needed some cheering up and also because you can't have too much of Sam's goodness. Now that things are much calmer, I can only hope that whatever choices Amanda makes, she'll be happy with them and, according to her statement in her message, that she'll give us another year of the wonderful character of Samanth Carter.

((((((Samandans))))))
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Lol.. stranger things have happened tsaxlady But just to support your theory

Originally posted by tsaxlady

AT: Thinking - If I send this picture to TPTB for Law & Order: SVU maybe I can get an audition
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
        Lol.. stranger things have happened tsaxlady But just to support your theory

tsax and Myrth rock, just for the record.

L&O: SVU is just plain awesome.

Comment

The Diary of Lucia Margaret Maxwell Higgonson
          My friends call me Higgy

I'm writing this now in my purple gel pens because my real pens are out. Honest!

Now, I could say that there’s never a dull day on Level 54, but then I’d be lying.

At Cheyenne Mountain, if you’re not “in the know,” then you always want to be. It’s like being on the outside of all of the cool kids’ cliques. The only difference is, you can’t tell who’s a cool kid and they won’t exactly advertise it, because it’s – you guessed it – classified.

All sorts of weird stories have made their way around the base, but you’re never sure who you can trust. Some people like to embellish. Others just flat out lie. I’m not kidding when I say that one of my good friends SWEARS that she saw crazy, Lego bugs running around the place about a year ago. It’s crazy stuff like that that makes you wonder about the loonies the government hires. That’s why I have to admit that my OWN story seems pretty far-fetched, too.

This afternoon, when I finally told my boss and mentor, Mav, about my encounter with a 3-foot-tall creature with humongous eyes, she said I was crazy. It might be because I left out the fact that I’d “accidentally” found myself on level 28.

Something tells me she’d be less than thrilled about that. Even less thrilled than she was when I found out that Fraggle Rock was on DVD – and better, that I could download it at my computer at work.

But Mav, in all of her years of experience, forgets that young naivete and wide-eyed wonder go a long way with show offs like Felger and Coombs. They’re always quick to show you how well they know the base. I’d imagine her thoughts are only of going back to her fighter pilot days. If I were Mav, that’d be all I thought about, too. So I kinda fibbed and told Ol' Mav that I saw the thing on the elevator.

Really, the thing fell on me. In a flash of white light. Along with three air force officers. No kidding! Right out of nowhere.

My first instinct was to scream. And I think I did. And then, out of nowhere this blue stuff zapped me right in the chest. One minute the world was blue, the next it was green and gold. And grey. Man the walls need a paint job.

“Captain Roads, remind me again why a ploint blank shot was necessary?”

“She was screaming like a banshee, ma’am.”

Someone coughed. I guessed it was me.

"How long was I out for?"

"A good twenty seconds," a woman answered. "Not bad."

Through the green and gold, I saw one of the officers bend down beside me. She was wearing some really awesome black outfit thing, she had at least four weapons on her that I could see, and I just KNEW then and there that I was in the wrong line of work.

“Hi,” I croaked.

“Hi,” she greeted with a smile. “Are you lost?”

“Y-yes…”

“She’s not lost, ma’am,” one of the other officers replied. “She’s snooping.”

“Am… not!”

“Are, too.” The senior officer grinned as she helped me up. “But I won’t tell if you won’t.”

“Ma’am - ”

“Understood?”

The senior officer was pretty nice. She honestly could’ve gotten me fired. And the look she suddenly gave the two officers was deadly. Interesting contrast.

“So what’s going on?” I ventured.

“Need to know…” She paused then, as if searching for a name.

“Higgonson,” I suddenly blurted, my cheeks tinged with embarrassment. “But my friends call me Higgy. Well, I’m not trying to say you’re my friend or anything – unless, you want to be, of course. Because, if you do, then I – you know – right on! But, if not, you know… That’s cool, too.”

The two guys were laughing at me (of course), but the look on the nice officer’s face spoke something of gentle understanding. Was she really being nice to me, or was that just pity?

Finally, she spoke. “Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter. The gentlemen behind me are Captain Roads and Lieutenant Martin.”

She extended her hand of course, but my brain had shut down at “Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter.” I almost died right there.

The Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter!” I suddenly shouted, causing the three officers to jump. This only elicited further snickers from the two guys. I knew nothing specific about her, only that she was one of four legends - and a revered one in the science department. Definitely a main character in Felger and Coombs' fantasies.

Colonel Carter, to her credit, only smiled and nodded.

“Nice to meet you, Higgy.”

This time she snickered, but there was something about it that hinted to an underlying kindness. Looking around, I suddenly realized that I had been pushed back in the direction of the elevator. As I glanced back, I noticed that the little grey creature was lying on his back like a turtle.

“Is he gonna be OK?” I asked.

The blonde officer smiled and winked. “Oh, Heimdall? Absolutely. He likes to play up the theatrics. He’ll be just fine. Now, you know not to speak a word of this to anyone right, Higgy?”

"Yes, ma'am!" I cried. "Not a peep."

As the door closed, I glanced back at the grey creature, not quite believing my eyes. Here I’d wanted to work in Nevada, when all of the little grey men were here!

And besides the bright light, the blue electricity and the grey alien, I knew no one – NO ONE – would believe that I’d actually met the famous Lt. Colonel Sam Carter. Or that she’d bothered to call me Higgy.
          Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 02 November 2005, 12:42 AM.

Comment

So, quick, general question. Show of hands:
            Who here ever gets the overwhelming urge to BOP Mary Beth on the head?!

Anyone?

I thought so.

Comment

Wooooooooooo GW's back up!

FINALLY...

*gasp*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey guys...

VOTE FOR AMANDA!

In the MSNBC "It" List... I think if we get SAmandans on board, we can tip the scales!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4043608/#survey

Ta,
                mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Wooooooooooo GW's back up!

FINALLY...

*gasp*
                  I know. I went into withdrawl. It wasn't pretty.

Comment

Hey, is it just me, or is Carter introducing herself a lot more often this season as "Samantha"? Anyone want to take a character-analytical stab at that? Might be fun. Or am I the only poor sap who finds something different about that. I know she's done it before but this year it just seems a lot more.....prevelant. Maybe she's more in touch with her "girly" side.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      Hey guys...

VOTE FOR AMANDA!

In the MSNBC "It" List... I think if we get SAmandans on board, we can tip the scales!

Ta,
                      mini
                      Yes, everyone go vote, Amanda's in third place out of five right now.
                      sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                        Yes, everyone go vote, Amanda's in third place out of five right now.

I voted, but it won't let me vote again, nuts.

Comment

Hey any gabiteers ready to share more pictures and stories from this weekend!! I saw and loved Kat's pictures along with a few stories from CG, Coley, and Kat. I was just wondering if there were anymore great stories! AT is such a gracious and outrageously funny person, so looking forward to any more you can give us.

MajorSam you been gone a loooong time. Congrats on being the only survivor of the course!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            okay. thanks.

(distancing self from the icky poopiness of it all)

sally
                            Sally,

Amanda only mentioned that she enjoyed playing the steaming scene with DDL and that it was the first time she didn't feel like it was all technical and embarrassing like some of her other 'love scenes' had been.

Someone had actually asked her about doing love scenes and she said that her scene with Mitch Pileggi( X-files/Atlantis) was actually her first love scene and that he was very sweet and helpful. She also said Adrian Paul was extremely knowledgable with loves scenes ( she suspected he must have had one in every scene of Highlander ). She discussed how he had given her some really good tips on how to lay so that she didn't create any unbecoming views for the camera (rolls from bending the wrong way, ect). She also said the whole thing was quite embarrassing because all she had to wear were a couple of pieces of tape over certain areas of the body and they had to constantly worry whether the tape was showing or not. She also mentioned once again that the breasts shown during the love scene in the 'Void' were not hers, but rather a body double's.

She really didn't discuss Pete much other than respond to a audience member's question about how Sam treated Pete at the end of Threads. She stated that she personally felt that Sam had handled the breaking up with Pete quite poorly. She didn't disagree with Sam breaking up with Pete because she felt it had to be done; however, she felt that Sam came across as a bit heartless in the scene.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                              I voted, but it won't let me vote again, nuts.
                              Which is probably a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                Hey guys...

VOTE FOR AMANDA!

Ta,
                                mini
                                Ack! Vote People!!! Invasion's winning!!!!!!!
                                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                                X