Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To All Lucky GABIT Goers:

Have a blast and report often. Like everybody said before me, please let Amanda know how much we all appreciate her and that we all wished we could be there. If you guys get a chance to hug her, please hug her from all of us.
    And if you get a chance to talk to any of the organizers, let them know that we are all hoping for another GABIT.
    I am really happy for all you guys, and I am especially glad that Kat gets to go.
    Enjoy, have fun, and let Amanda know what a great fanbase she has here in the SaGC thread and what a difference she had made in our lives!!!!

Hic Comitas Regit!!!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Hope everyone going to GABIT has a wonderful time! I look forward to all your reports and piccies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
        To every lucky person person attending GABIT, I hope you all have a GREAT time and enjoy every minute with our queen. And please take lots of pics, so us poor, unlucky souls, who will never get the honor of meeting Amanda, can at least see her interacting with the people who love her the most, her loyal Samandans.

So have fun, be good (sure ), and please let AT know that for every person attending, there are at least 100 who couldn't. I'll be with you in spirit.

Indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          here's why everything in stargate right now feels screwy....

spoilers for s7, 8, 9 (just in case)

Spoiler:
          it's an alternate reality. the end of moebius could show us that.

in our right reality -

*jack wouldn't have disappeared off the face of the planet.

*sam would still have sg1, even if she left because the team was disbanded.

*a green-to-offworld travel officer wouldn't be given a flagship team to command.

*a hooker wouldn't be given carte blanche to the scg.

*a father and daughter wouldn't be allowed to serve together at the same base.

*sam, teal'c, and daniel would still care about one another.

*sam, teal'c, and daniel would mention jack.

*sam wouldn't have sex with aliens that stalked her. (only boyfriends that she'd know for 2 to 3 weeks)

so, it'll be in 'fourth horseman 2' that orlin will tell sam that there's something 'wrong' with this timeline. before he's ascended again, he'll tell her the differences between the realities. sam will tell the others and together, they'll look for a way of reversing the damage.

at the end of the season (don't know the ep's name *because i don't pay attention to these things that once were very important to me*), they'll find a way of fixing what's wrong. season 10 will be about seeing what *really* happened after moebius 2.

yes, i do enjoy my delusions, thank you.

sally
          yay sal!
          finally someone is going back to my original idea before season9 even started, and that was that the reality they arrived back to after moebius was a very close reality to the one before, but not exactly. (proved by
          Spoiler:
          the little fishie
          ). And you wrote it all up super there sally .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
            Just a quick message

I'm sort of packed and ready for off to GABIT. We'll keep you updated if technology allows. I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone. The Jester will already be at the hotel by now!!

I'm taking a quantity of vintage 2003 sloe gin - I think I may need it and who knows I may manage to slip some to Queenie - as I'm sure she will need it too!!

Thanks for all the well wishes - catch up with you soon!!
            (((((coley))))) yay, thanks for dropping in .
            Have a great time at GABIT. All of you!
            You're goin' to be one thought of bunch of people this week .

At least us homestayers will have the royal Gala to attend, that's something. At least, some of us hope we can attend. All this talk of posting marathons... I hope I don't miss it . Must, must, must find time to be online enough to at least pop into the big event, even if I can't stay at the party long.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              I woke up this morning at 5:30am and couldn't get back to sleep ( nerves I think ) and so I decided to play with my old Samanda sig. This is my new and improved Samanda 2.0. Whatcha think? If I have some free time this morning I might try to print it out and have Amanda sign it at the con on Saturday (if they will let me that is.

Samanda 2.0

Kat
              Kat, I'm so glad you are going after all. That's how long I've been away . Last I was here you were talking of not being able to go. I'm glad whatever it was that distressed you has eased enough for you to feel comfortable enough to make it to GABIT.
              And I LOVE the banner. I remember back to when you put up the very first version, and while I like the old one (I think it had brighter colours? and beans?) I think the new one is really classy. Hope you do get a copy signed, something special for you to have after the event is over .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

So have fun, be good (sure ), and please let AT know that for every person attending, there are at least 100 who couldn't. I'll be with you in spirit.

Definitely! I'm very excited for you guys!

Comment

To every lucky person person attending GABIT, I hope you all have a GREAT time and enjoy every minute with our queen. And please take lots of pics, so us poor, unlucky souls, who will never get the honor of meeting Amanda, can at least see her interacting with the people who love her the most, her loyal Samandans.

Good to see you (((((Lida))))) . So glad you're still around.
                  And I wholeheartedly agree with your post.
                  Just because we're not going, doesn't mean we don't love Amanda, and I hope she knows that.
                  For us, the second best thing to being there is to have reports and photos, because the other people we love, are you Samandans.
                  You're special people, folks. This whole thread is. Not just for the place, what it is, an appreciation thread for a superb/stunning/brilliant (why isn't there a word in the English language which describes her properly) actor, but because of the people here, and how they interact... it is so unlike what happens on some other parts of the internet.
                  So, everyone have a great weekend, whether you're going to the big G or the big G (former=GABIT latter=Gala), and I'll try and spend some time here if I can. I know it's the weekend, but that doesn't mean I can make promises .
                  Love you all,
                  deep

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Great ideas for Sam & Vala stories everyone. I really can't do creative writing, but I had a thought about seeing Sam and Vala doing mundane ordinary Earth things. So here goes:

Vala gets permission to live off base while she’s on Earth, but only if she lives with Carter (who presumably will keep her out of trouble.)

Scene: a grocery store

Vala: I still don’t see why we’re here.

Sam: I told you if you were going to stay with me, you had to pitch in on the household chores and errands.

Vala: With all the times you’ve saved this world, you should have servants to do this for you. Oh, well. (Vala starts loading up the cart)

Sam: (putting things back) Hey! I have to pay for that!

Vala: What?! Another thing I don’t understand about this world. You should have your foodstuffs provided. At least tell me this stuff is more edible than what they serve at that commissary. (rolls her eyes)

Sam: (thinking to herself: at least with that tight outfit I know she can’t be shoplifting the canned goods.) I thought I’d make a soufflé. It’s sort of my specialty.

In the parking lot. Vala starts to get back into the car.

Sam: Come on and help me put this stuff in the trunk.
                      Vala: Oh, all right. Daniel wouldn’t make me do this.
                      Sam: Oh yes he would.
                      Vala: True. And he’d get that cute annoyed look too.
                      Both laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                        OK. REMIND ME not to visit the Sony Boards again. I keep telling myself I won't go back and then, just to make sure a very select few kind posting souls aren't being eaten alive, I end up just .... checking over there .... just popping in to read the subject headers. Just for a second ..... and I read >>> THIS <<< ..... and I think, I could respond. I really could, because there's no rational basis to this argument whatsoever. But, even if I did respond, there'd be no reasoning. No hope of success. It's the folks over there, not the arguments. I just.... I don't get it. I really, really, don't. People like this actually exist. I just........

mini (the utterly disgusted)geek
                        Hey mini---
                        DON'T GO TO THE SONY BOARDS EVER AGAIN!

Now, see that up there *points to her reminder print it out then tape it to your monitor.

sigpic
                        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Uh oh...I feel a whine coming on...BRACE YOURSELF....

Did no one like MY LITTLE STORY IDEA??!?!???

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

*grabs Uber and gives a big hug to the poor hurt Uber

I rather love your idea. I've just been "uber" busy and didn't have a chance til now. Your idea is much like my own. Thanks! You rock!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            Here is where having a woman on the writing staff would come in handy.
                            LOL From your mouth to the Ancients ears.
                            sigpic

Comment

I love your sig quotes from Gilmore Girls, SunKrux! That was a good episode, huh?

Comment

Okay I know I have not been around much lately. Work has been really busy, dealing with some pretty difficult situations at school. When I have time to get online for fun and drop in, to be honest with all that is going on currently if the thread is to negitive then I don't stay past reading a few post. Please don't take any offense to this but coming into the thread and talking about other boards is not my idea of a fun time. I have been to a number of other boards and yup some of the people there have opinions different from mine and some of them talk bad about other forums (but aren't we doing the same thing with some of our less than nice nicknames for other forums). Some days it reminds me a lot of dealing with kids at school and since I do that all day it's not what I want to do in my off hours. I try to remember that everyone has a right to their own opinion and if people are being negitive or rude when I disagree with their opinion then I'm free to leave. Getting into a name calling match does no good, in fact it usually just makes things worse. Trying to debate with someone that is being ugly or rude - well remember you can't change everyones mind - sometimes the best thing to do is say your peace and leave.

Okay sorry for the rant - but could we please be a little less negitive about other forums. You want to go there and leave posts about your views/opinion "hey go for it", I have but I don't try and beat a dead horse over the head with my views as the saying goes.

Remember this post is my opinion you are free to have a differing one
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X