Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Mary Beth?

Is a videographer the same as a documentary filmmaker, because I really wanted to be THAT, and I can't remember what my royal title is...

*kicks at dirt*

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      oh, now i get it!... i thought AD meant her 'behind' looked short... i didn't get it.

sally
      HAHAHAHA!!!

I'm sorry for the double post (and for laughing so loudly), but this was hilarious. And cute, sally. That's the beauty of the Internet, right there.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
        Aw shucks Uber...thanks for the vote.

Dang, you have the Royal Pain title. That's usually the title I get. LOL Ah well...I'm sure someone will come up with another equally painful title.
        Oooh. Believe me. A title I have earned in spades.

You know, if you impress people here with your most irritating ways as I have over the months, I'm quite certain you'll get a special "royal pain in the something" title as well...

But you know...there can NEVER be enough snark in the world so pull up a cushion and join in the fun!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
          IThe writers come up with great stories, but they really should leave the feminine part of Sam to Amanda. Clearly, Amanda knows what she wants and where she wants to go with Sam. No matter who writes the stories, Amanda is the one who knows Sam the best and who has made Sam the soldier, scientist, and woman she is today.

For me it is clear: the reason why so many women admire Sam and can identify with her, is Amanda's hard work and dedication. When I read how much thought and love Amanda puts into this character, I am often overwhelmed. I never heard another actress or actor talk about their character the way Amanda does. Not only does she take the time to understand all the technobabble, but she also makes the effort of talking with TPTB to improve the character.
          If TPTB would have gone on with the character the way it was written in COTG, we would not have the Sam today, we all have come to love.
          You are so right! Let's admit it. Don't we all feel like Sam Carter would be our friend if we just met her somewhere? AT has such a rare and genuine quality about her. She has become my very favorite actress. I can't think of any actress I think is more gifted than she is.

Comment

*stands up tall, all 5'2" of it, taps foot while glaring at AD

And what's wrong with being a short arse? LOL
            Nothing at all And it looks really good on Janet

Comment

Thanks deepspace.

Grew up with a mum who watched ST:OG.
              So did I! I used to spend hours and hours watching the Original Star Trek series. Then later on I didcovered Stargate, and of course then that makes everything else seem pretty cheesy . I haven't seen more than a couple of episodes of Farscape. I think I'd like to one day, just to see what they're like. It sounds like you really love it, and I've heard much about it from other people.

so again, welcome Sunny . (though it isn't pronounced like sun is it? more like soone?)

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                oh, now i get it!... i thought AD meant her 'behind' looked short... i didn't get it.

sally
                lol, wtf?

I think it's that ship messing with ya head again!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Hey, Mary Beth?

Is a videographer the same as a documentary filmmaker, because I really wanted to be THAT, and I can't remember what my royal title is...

*kicks at dirt*
                  Actually I got the title because of my Amanda video. People seemed to like it and, hey, look, there's a link in my sig!

I should think you'd want the title of Royal Documentarian...but that's just me.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    lol, wtf?

Now see here mate...ship doesn't MESS with anything...it merely enhances the journey.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Oooh...I'm so with you on the Aeryn thing. She was sooo cool. I was one of those screaming at the screen at the end of Bad Timing. (you might have heard me)
                      Nope...didn't hear ya...cause I was too busy yellin' myself. Next to Aeryn, my fav FS characters are Pilot and Zhaan.

As for the pulse pistol...was it just me or did Vala's gun in TTTB remind anyone else of Wynonna????

Just wonderin'...
                      Didn't really to me, but hey...we all have different things that trigger memories for us.
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

lol, wtf?

*holds AD down and lets sally commence to beating him*

Comment

I should think you'd want the title of Royal Documentarian...but that's just me.

I'll take it!

Now, is there any paperwork I have to fill out for this job change? Cuz I really hate paperwork.

Comment

Oooh. Believe me. A title I have earned in spades.

You know, if you impress people here with your most irritating ways as I have over the months, I'm quite certain you'll get a special "royal pain in the something" title as well...

But you know...there can NEVER be enough snark in the world so pull up a cushion and join in the fun!

Well I might be able to impress folks. <weg> Hmmm...I vote for "Royal Pain in the Eema" then. LOL Similar, but different.

If you like snark, I can't recommend "Wonderfalls" enough! Talk about snark! Ooooo, and then there's "Gilmore Girls". Snark city!

*wonders if letting folks here know she's a Gemini and that whole thing about Gemini's liking to talk fits her...totally.
                            sigpic

Comment

Nothing at all And it looks really good on Janet
                              It looks good on me too!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace

So did I! I used to spend hours and hours watching the Original Star Trek series. Then later on I didcovered Stargate, and of course then that makes everything else seem pretty cheesy . I haven't seen more than a couple of episodes of Farscape. I think I'd like to one day, just to see what they're like. It sounds like you really love it, and I've heard much about it from other people.

so again, welcome Sunny . (though it isn't pronounced like sun is it? more like soone?)
                                Uh, FS had cheesy moments, but honestly (and Uber can back me up on this) FS is NOT your mother's ST. FS was a no holds barred, mind frell extrodinaire. I don't like to say it's better than SG1, cause that's just rude, especially on this forum, but I will say that it is totally different.

For me, both shows give me something I love...use of my imagination. Neither shows really ever wrap things up in a nice little bow (not like ST:OS, ST:NG and any other ST incarnation) at the end of an eps. If characters are upset with others, they still are until they make up...if they make up. FS & SG1 have ALWAYS portrayed women as real people, strong, competent people. I love that about them. I hate....HATE those "nambypambywimpyIneedamantosaveme" kinda women we've been subjected to for far too long. LOL Give me a femine woman who can kick some eema any day!

For me, Sun is pronounced "sun/son", but you are correct, Aeryn Sun was pronounced "soone", usually if/when her last name was used. LOL

If you're serious (any of you who've not seen FS) I recommend looking for a set called "The Best of Season 1" (it was available at Blockbuster in the beginning of the DVD sales, but might be available elsewhere now). It has 6 of the first season's best eps. Then you'll be set to watch all the show.

Sadly the syndication of FS has already kinda pissed me off...they're showing the eps totally outa order.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X