Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    OMG. It's like my Alpha!Sam fantasy come true!

    err, did I say that out aloud?
    Holy... Wow...

    I don't know what to say about that!

    (A speechless spaz is either cause for concern or cause for rejoicing. )

    Comment


      Originally posted by Skydiver
      LOL

      yep. let them wallow in thier hatred. life's too short.

      sure, i have characters that i don't care for, but i for one have better things to do with my life and day than to sit in front of a computer and try to tear that character to shreds.

      we're here to have fun and i believe that the vast majority of the folks here are well grounded in reality (not so sure about AD )

      we know that it's a tv show. we know that they're just actors.

      and i think that the vast majority of the fokls here are well aware of where the line between fantasy adn reality lies
      and it's not just that, it's that some ppl will go beyond the lines of propriety. i recently wrote a ship question to joe on his thread and got called out by two obviously anti shippers with how selfish i am and so on. and spaz (if you've read my reply to you that is ) can contest that an anti sent me a snarky email with (won't repeat, but it has to do with my deluded shipper thoughts and amanda's 'aging' probs)... suffice it to say, there are mean-spirited ppl out there.

      there's a good mix of sam fans here, and through it all, we've remained respectful and tolerant of each other likes and dislikes. and aren't respect and tolerance the key?

      i'd like to believe amanda would be proud of us.


      sally
      sally

      sigpic

      Comment


        I think we live up to our motto nicely...

        Hic Comitas Regit
        sigpic

        Comment


          Originally posted by majorsal
          and it's not just that, it's that some ppl will go beyond the lines of propriety. i recently wrote a ship question to joe on his thread and got called out by two obviously anti shippers with how selfish i am and so on. and spaz (if you've read my reply to you that is ) can contest that an anti sent me a snarky email with (won't repeat, but it has to do with my deluded shipper thoughts and amanda's 'aging' probs)... suffice it to say, there are mean-spirited ppl out there.

          there's a good mix of sam fans here, and through it all, we've remained respectful and tolerant of each other likes and dislikes. and aren't respect and tolerance the key?

          i'd like to believe amanda would be proud of us.


          sally

          Nicely said, Sally!!

          yes, respect and tolerance are key!!


          You know, AT is doing alot right---she made and continues to make Sam accessible and popular -- she makes her real to us---her strengths and her faults (which is difficult to do because Sam is brilliant, athletic, and beautiful all in one!! ). She has made the character of Sam equal to the original Jack and Daniel characters as a result of her own hard work and wonderful talent (and the writers had something to do with this too!) This probably ticked off a certain small crowd, but on the other hand, it made a massive amount of fans really enjoy SG1! She is rightfully one of the lead characters---and
          wonderfully played by AT.
          Last edited by chocdoc; 03 October 2005, 08:14 PM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            I'd just like to say that my last post was not actually written by me, it was an imposter. A small, blonde, blue-eyed imposter.
            well, she did a *wonderful* post and i'm proud of her!


            sally
            sally

            sigpic

            Comment




              replicarter - 'i do not understand this email from your colonel o'neill'

              sam - 'it's a joke... a bad one... '

              replicarter - 'i am familiar with jokes, but i fail to see why he is sending us the lyrics to the patty duke show.'


              sally
              sally

              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                After reading some of the posts today, I thought I'd bring up the story we started earlier. If I recall correctly, dancer started it and the "rules" are to add three lines and tag someone to continue the story. Strix was last up and tagged deepspace, but we haven't heard from ds in a while. I apologize, deepspace, for going out of turn, but couldn't resist adding to the story.


                Once upon a time, not too long ago (and not too far away, thanks to the Internet) there was a town called Samanda. In that town were many different kinds of people who had many different jobs. But they all believed in upholding the ultimate motto of the town: Hic Comitas Regit.

                And in that fair town dwelt a wide variety of delightful, intelligent, insightful and thoroughly comedic citizenry...and then there was Mary Beth...but I digress. And the land was filled with peace and harmony and joy radiated throughout the kingdom...until lo and behold...

                Strangers appeared one morning, the golden dawn at their backs as they walked into the fair town of SAmanda. They were greeted with curiosity, Jerin watched them walk by as she drew water from the well while AD trailed them, his sharp eyes watching their every move. Undaunted by the quiet welcome, the strangers walked calmly through the town, their destination clear...the shining castle of Queen Amanda.

                Approaching the gate, the strangers were stopped by the crossed swords of the Royal Guards Strix and 1Speed.
                "Who goes there?" Strix said.
                "State your buisness," said 1Speed.
                The strangers stopped, a nervous look on their face...

                Meanwhile AD slipped inside, intent on informing the Queen about a possible breach in security...


                Knowing that it was yet early and that his fair Queen would still be partaking of her morning bath, AD headed immediately for the royal chambers.

                "Deepspace," he cried as he spied the royal page entering the Queen's chambers. "I have an urgent message for Her Majesty!"

                ****

                Outside at the gate, Strix and 1Speed eyed the strangers warily, suspecting trouble.

                Finally, one of the strangers spoke. "My name is Lightsaber..."



                Strix and 1Speed went to full alert mode, recognizing this name from the list of persons who had maligned the queen. 1Speed called out to Tok’Ra Hostess, lurking nearby. “Find Über, she’s an expert at dealing with this one.”

                Sensing he was in trouble, Lightsabre held up his hands in defense. “Please, do not hurt us. We came because we read in a creator’s blog that your queen is sharing command with the newcomer and…”



                Coley, consider yourself tagged.

                NC
                LOL! Thanks for picking it up again, NC!

                My LJ

                Comment


                  Originally posted by majorsal
                  and it's not just that, it's that some ppl will go beyond the lines of propriety. i recently wrote a ship question to joe on his thread and got called out by two obviously anti shippers with how selfish i am and so on. and spaz (if you've read my reply to you that is ) can contest that an anti sent me a snarky email with (won't repeat, but it has to do with my deluded shipper thoughts and amanda's 'aging' probs)... suffice it to say, there are mean-spirited ppl out there.

                  there's a good mix of sam fans here, and through it all, we've remained respectful and tolerant of each other likes and dislikes. and aren't respect and tolerance the key?

                  i'd like to believe amanda would be proud of us.


                  sally
                  Thanks, Sally, well said. The snark level aimed at Sam-slammers has gone up recently, and it makes me uncomfortable. In my experience, the more "in-your-face" you get, the more people will dig in their heels and refuse to see your point of view.

                  You catch more flies with honey.

                  While it may seem like karmic retribution to "give as good as you get," as Ghandi once said, "an eye for an eye will make the world blind." I would prefer to see anyone representing Sam doing so with good humor, good will, and a positive attitude, particularly on a thread where "kindness rules here" is our motto.

                  Sorry if I sound preachy.

                  My LJ

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Strix varia
                    Thanks, Sally, well said. The snark level aimed at Sam-slammers has gone up recently, and it makes me uncomfortable. In my experience, the more "in-your-face" you get, the more people will dig in their heels and refuse to see your point of view.

                    You catch more flies with honey.

                    While it may seem like karmic retribution to "give as good as you get," as Ghandi once said, "an eye for an eye will make the world blind." I would prefer to see anyone representing Sam doing so with good humor, good will, and a positive attitude, particularly on a thread where "kindness rules here" is our motto.

                    Sorry if I sound preachy.
                    My philosophy...fight 'em with kindness and rainbows and puppydogs and sweetness and light.

                    Unless they go too far and call Samantha a "vile and heartless woman".

                    Then you take out the big guns and take no prisoners.

                    But that's just me.


                    ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      My philosophy...fight 'em with kindness and rainbows and puppydogs and sweetness and light.

                      Unless they go too far and call Samantha a "vile and heartless woman".

                      Then you take out the big guns and take no prisoners.

                      But that's just me.

                      Hey Uber, everyone has their different philosophies and diversity makes the world a better place, so I am cool with that.

                      I have commanded on the battlefield in the SCA, and I've engaged in conference room wars, and I've found that basically the same rules apply to both types of conflicts:

                      First, it's always easier to resolve differences with a friend than it is with an enemy. Investing in a friendship by finding common ground first and then engaging in friendly debate is much less destructive and stressful than creating an enemy right off the bat. Plus, dead enemies make very poor friends.

                      If the route of friendship fails:

                      Know your goals and pick your battles wisely. You won't win anything unless you know exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish. Fighting for the sake of fighting is a waste of effort and resources.

                      Try to get the enemy to engage you on your ground. When you attack them on their ground, you only make their resistence more fierce. Bring them to you, and then when they attack, you thump them (keeping the next rule in mind).

                      Always make your ground the high ground. Never leave the high ground (especially metaphorically). The enemy may taunt and try to trick you, but it's a mistake to abandon that advantage. (The Battle of Hastings was lost because they broke ranks on the hillside to chase down an enemy they thought was fleeing.)

                      If you're fighting an enemy with stronger forces, a direct attack will usually fail. Have patience and hit the flanks.

                      Don't antagonize the neutrals... make your cause more appealing to the those who could swing either way. (Taking the higher ground is important to this).

                      Know when to make a strategic retreat. You aren't going to win every fight. Try to minimize the damage by getting out as soon as its clear your tactic isn't working.

                      Hugs,
                      Strix

                      My LJ

                      Comment


                        http://classics.mit.edu/Tzu/artwar.html

                        Comment


                          hopes no one here will hate her cause she loves both Vala and Sam

                          Just wanted to say HIYA! I love Sam, always have, always will, but I also love Vala and always will. No, I am NOT one of those Vala fans who want's Vala to replace Sam. I want Vala to be a character similar to Bra'Tac and Jacob/Selmak, coming back once in a while. Otherwise, I'd get bored with her. Small doses are best.

                          Oh yeah, as to those who say negative things, don't listen to them. They're just jealous.

                          I also wanted to say...
                          Originally posted by Coley
                          Sorry I couldn't resist
                          That was a funny eema caption! Thanks!
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

                          Comment


                            *trying her hand at captions

                            Originally posted by Dani76


                            Stupid flies, I think I got them all.
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by SunKrux
                              hopes no one here will hate her cause she loves both Vala and Sam
                              No, that's Sony. This is Gateworld, we don't do that here.

                              Originally posted by SunKrux
                              Just wanted to say HIYA! I love Sam, always have, always will, but I also love Vala and always will. No, I am NOT one of those Vala fans who want's Vala to replace Sam. I want Vala to be a character similar to Bra'Tac and Jacob/Selmak, coming back once in a while. Otherwise, I'd get bored with her. Small doses are best.

                              Oh yeah, as to those who say negative things, don't listen to them. They're just jealous.

                              I also wanted to say...


                              That was a funny eema caption! Thanks!
                              Welcome SunKrux! I'm pretty new here in 'Samanda' as well, but these are some of the nicest, most welcoming folks I've ever met online. Which likely has a lot to do with the fact that they're all fans of Amanda. Her graciousness is contageous!

                              Anyhow, it's very nice to virtually 'meet' you! I was saying earlier today on another forum how much I'd love to see some actual scenes between Carter and Vala. Both AT and CB are very talented actresses and I think the potential for Sam and Vala to become actual friends is off the map, so long as the writing is strong. Those two women could do phenomenal things for the SG-1 universe if they're on the same team.

                              Cheers!
                              mini(off to slumberland)geek

                              Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by minigeek
                                No, that's Sony. This is Gateworld, we don't do that here.



                                Welcome SunKrux! I'm pretty new here in 'Samanda' as well, but these are some of the nicest, most welcoming folks I've ever met online. Which likely has a lot to do with the fact that they're all fans of Amanda. Her graciousness is contageous!

                                Anyhow, it's very nice to virtually 'meet' you! I was saying earlier today on another forum how much I'd love to see some actual scenes between Carter and Vala. Both AT and CB are very talented actresses and I think the potential for Sam and Vala to become actual friends is off the map, so long as the writing is strong. Those two women could do phenomenal things for the SG-1 universe if they're on the same team.

                                Cheers!
                                mini(off to slumberland)geek
                                Aw, thanks. I too would love to see more Sam/Vala interaction and I hope we'll get it.

                                btw, thanks to Dani76, minigeek, Uber, and...and...frell, I forgot the last person's name...for all da green! And for the warm welcome. Now I'm off to watch "Medium" and then hit the sack...gotta work tomorrow. Hasta!
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X