No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, the final screencap of the night ...

"Where oh where are all our missing Samandans?!"

Comment

Congrats on 1,000 Posts to tsaxlady!
      and 1,400 Posts to Foreversg1!
      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
      Hic Comitas Regit
      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Gateworld
        Rocks

That's all I've gotta say.
        Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 02 October 2005, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Flame on I say...

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            OK, I'm gonna warn you that the following is a post about TFH that I found on one of those lovely forums. I was just reading through a thread and I accidently found it. I'm posting it because I'm sick and tired of this. It's getting ridiculous. And it's so ridiculous, that it's almost unbelievable. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler:
            Not enough Daniel, too much Sam. I thought the kid Orlin was creepy and it was a little sick that he still has feelings for Sam. Can someone please tell me what the heck is wrong with A.T? Does she have some kind of disease? One that causes facial ticks,neck stretching and repeated swallowing? It really is quite odd and very distracting,I had to keep rewinding because I missed what she was saying ,I was watching what her face was doing.

At one point she looked just like a giant snake swallowing a rabbit.Very strange.
            My husband was in fits laughing at it, all he could say was "she should do comedy."
            Never mind he did have Lexa Doig to droll over.

Am I crazy for finding this post so offensive?

All I have to say is, Thank God for GABIT.
            i can understand you wanting to vent and share your hurt and irked feelings here, but i hope to *never* read anything like this again on this thread. i already know of the ugliness of the outside, which is why i created this thread to get away from it. yes, that post was incredibly rude and goes to the mindset of someone that would not only think this, but have the gall to say it in an open forum.

please don't share anymore of this.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I agree with majorsal ( ) let's keep that stuff out of this thread. Those people that say those kind of things can go FOAD for all I care. Now excuse me while I was my mouth out...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                i can understand you wanting to vent and share your hurt and irked feelings here, but i hope to *never* read anything like this again on this thread. i already know of the ugliness of the outside, which is why i created this thread to get away from it. yes, that post was incredibly rude and goes to the mindset of someone that would not only think this, but have the gall to say it in an open forum.

please don't share anymore of this.

sally
                Sorry! I'll delete right now. I just didn't know where else to turn! I think I need a self-help tactic or mantra or something...

Comment

Yeah I have to agree with Sally. This is the main reason I don't venture to other forums and I tend to stick to sites that are Sam friendly. Yes, everyone has a right to voice their own opinions, but noone deserves to be verbally torn apart or criticized in this manner.

I have read many comments from people who trash on an actor and then say 'I'm actually a very nice person. I just have different viewpoints and I don't see everything through rose-painted glasses'. Well my answer to that is, I'm Ms. Negativity. The glass is always half-empty in my world and there is no such thing as the color grey... either it's black or it's white. And yet I was still taught that if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. Pretty nice words to life by in my opinion.

Hate breeds hatred. The only way to fight hatred is with kindness and that's why I say let these haters have their say. Nothing you do or say will change their opinions. The most that you can hope for is that one day you will make such a positive impact on one of their lives; that they will one day open their eyes and realize that they would be much better human beings if they simply let go of the spiteful thoughts that they harbour within their hearts.

I will openly admit that if I had to choose between the SG-1 characters that Daniel is probably at the bottom of my list, but that does not mean I dislike Daniel or hold any ill will towards the character or the actor who portrays him. Each of us have our favorite character and that is what I enjoy most about the show. That we all have someone with whom we can identify.

Personally, I think anyone whose life is so boring and without worth, that they would waste precious moments of their day to not only bash a ficticious character but also the actor, is really in need of some intense emotional and psychological therapy.

Kat

Last edited by ForeverSg1; 02 October 2005, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Yeah I have to agree with Sally. This is the main reason I don't venture to other forums and I tend to stick to sites that are Sam friendly. Yes, everyone has a right to voice their own opinions, but noone deserves to be verbally torn apart or criticized in this manner.

I have read many comments from people who trash on an actor and then say 'I'm actually a very nice person. I just have different viewpoints and I don't see everything through rose-painted glasses'. Well my answer to that is, I'm Ms. Negativity. The glass is always half-empty in my world and there is no such thing as the color grey... either it's black or it's white. And yet I was still taught that if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. Pretty nice words to life by in my opinion.

Hate breeds hatred. The only way to fight hatred is with kindness and that's why I say let these haters have their say. Nothing you do or say will change their opinions. The most that you can hope for is that one day you will make such a positive impact on one of their lives; that they will one day open their eyes and realize that they would be much better human beings if they simply let go of the spiteful thoughts that they harbour within their hearts.

I will openly admit that if I had to choose between the SG-1 characters that Daniel is probably at the bottom of my list, but that does not mean I dislike Daniel or hold any ill will towards the character or the actor who portrays him. Each of us have our favorite character and that is what I enjoy most about the show. That we all have someone with whom we can identify.

Personally, I think anyone whose life is so boring and without worth, that they would waste precious moments of their day to not only bash a ficticious character but also the actor, is really in need of some intense emotional and pschological therapy.

Kat

Yep. OK. Gotcha. Won't do it again.

Comment

Just close your eyes and say:
                      "They just don't get it....They just don't get it..."

and remember karma shall bite them on their grumpy bots.

Then come back here, where tolerance is premier and kindness reigns!

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
                        Just close your eyes and say:
                        "They just don't get it....They just don't get it..."

and remember karma shall bite them on their grumpy bots.

Then come back here, where tolerance is premier and kindness reigns!
                        LOL

yep. let them wallow in thier hatred. life's too short.

sure, i have characters that i don't care for, but i for one have better things to do with my life and day than to sit in front of a computer and try to tear that character to shreds.

we're here to have fun and i believe that the vast majority of the folks here are well grounded in reality (not so sure about AD )

we know that it's a tv show. we know that they're just actors.

and i think that the vast majority of the fokls here are well aware of where the line between fantasy adn reality lies
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          we're here to have fun and i believe that the vast majority of the folks here are well grounded in reality (not so sure about AD )
                          I reject your reality and insert my own

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date with Sam to kick some bad guys arse

Comment

Here is hoping for more Soldier Sam in the 2nd half of Season 9!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s7-soldier.jpg

Comment

Or Scientist Sam!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...-scientist.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../s5-astro2.jpg

Well I'm off to work again.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                I reject your reality and insert my own

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date with Sam to kick some bad guys arse

And I can just see the Olympic style scoring now...

Agent Dark executes an excellent routine, whapping the deserving bad guy in a highly deserved manner, bows to the cheering crowd, and turns to see the scores from the panel of judges.

Sam raises her scorecard, and... it's a 10!

(The crowd cheers loudly!)

Janet raises her scorecard, and... it's a 10!

(The crowd cheers even more loudly!)

Sam raises her scorecard, and... its an 01???

(The crowd says "Huh?" in perfect unison.)

The bad guy makes a face. Agent Dark raises an eloquent brow. Sam and Janet exchane a significant look. All three turn to sam and raise both brows, rolling their eyes up at the big black 01 characters on the large white card.

Sam rolls her eyes, raises her gaze to heaven, or, at least, the Blue Jello add playing on the Arena Vision screen overhead, sighs, and, scrunching up her nose a little in a suppressed smile, rotates the card to read '10'.

The crowd cheers wildly.

"Comedian," Sam mutters at Sam under her breath.

Sam laughs.

Janet groans.

Agent Dark bows.

Sam and Janet and Sam applaud, gesturing for the Samandan Olympic committee to bring out the medals. Murray and his Merry Minstrels play the Samandan Anthem, and everyone raises their blue jello in a toast. Sam's and Sam's and toasts waver a tad, because it's hard to toast with a parfait glass while eating the contents, but, there's more jello to be had to toast in the official photographs, so it's all good.

Except the bad guy, who isn't good. Obviously.

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X