Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    omg, I just noticed - Is Amanda/Sam Left Handed??? The pic above, she's wearing her watch on her right hand...
    Oooh... I'm SO left-handed! Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
      There’s the scene in Hathor where Sam and Janet, armed and dangerous, are on their way to the Hathor Tub House. Sam starts out with her weapon ready to shoot from her right hand/arm. Then there’s a moment in the scene where she deftly and naturally switches the weapon to the left hand/arm. She does it so smoothly I never noticed until during one of the recent repeats. When I first realized it I thought, wait, I thought she was right-handed. Maybe our super woman is ambidextrous!

Others of you have probably observed this, but I just recently caught it.

Haha! I'm left-handed and I shoot pool, hold a laser/paintball gun, catch and do a bunch of other things with my right hand. Ya see, we left-handed people have to ADAPT to this right-handed world!!!

Comment

I was left-handed but was told in my very first day of school that I had to hold the pencil with the right hand. Since this bad day, I've been writing in an atrocious manner with my right hand and draw and paint with the left one.
        It seems that I'm your mirror geek spaz.
        Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        Haha! I'm left-handed and I shoot pool, hold a laser/paintball gun, catch and do a bunch of other things with my right hand. Ya see, we left-handed people have to ADAPT to this right-handed world!!!
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

With me being born half-Italian and the the south side of Chicago, you can guess where I went to school. The Nuns saw that I'd start writing with my left hand, then slowly weaned me off to the right hand. And my cursive has been terrible ever since.

Comment

Thank God educators have learned the errors of their ways! If someone did that to my kid, I'd pop 'em! Too bad it was about 75 years too late.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
              With me being born half-Italian and the the south side of Chicago, you can guess where I went to school. The Nuns saw that I'd start writing with my left hand, then slowly weaned me off to the right hand. And my cursive has been terrible ever since.
              It's not just your handwriting ... the dominant side of your brain is being affected too ... left brain/right brain stuff. Those nuns did quite a job on a whole generation of kids ... not just the nuns but educators in general I believe. Smacking kids with rulers to "change the hand". Your body knew intuitively what it needed to do - your brain was giving the right signal.

You may want to pursue the whole controversy further online - probably can do a Google search for "left-hand dominance" as a starter. Good luck! And, yes, some people are actually ambidexterous - they're the lucky ones.

And thanks for your kind words about my poem

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                You don't mean "this place", Samanda, do you, Q?!
                No I mean this forum as a whole (mainly certain sections)

Samanda will always be the best
                Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Here you go ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/SamTank.gif

It's sitting in Sam's garage, right next to her vintage Indian cycle!
                I was actually looking for a Volvo
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

i've always wished that i were ambidexterous, so if amanda is, then thats just another reason to admire sam/AT. dang, this is getting out of hand. sorry. lame, i know. couldn't help it.

Comment

Oooh... I'm SO left-handed! Brilliant!
                    Me too...me too!!! 99.9% left handed...but I can switch hit in softball...

Although I'm fairly certain Amanda is right handed. I am very sensitive to watching how people sign things or handle things. She writes right handed but is clearly ambidextrious in other areas (like sportin' her weapon d' jour)...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Me too...me too!!! 99.9% left handed...but I can switch hit in softball...

Although I'm fairly certain Amanda is right handed. I am very sensitive to watching how people sign things or handle things. She writes right handed but is clearly ambidextrious in other areas (like sportin' her weapon d' jour)...

Ditto on hitting in softball, though I'm rather dominant in the right-handed route. Ditto ALSO on the sensitivity to seeing how other people write. I'm the only one in my family who ISN'T right-handed.

(And I have to say that, when I got play laser tag, I too can switch positions. )

And LADY! Ahem... Why am I feeling so ABANDONED lately.

Comment

Okay, here you go ... for all our lefties in Samanda:

http://www.emf.net/~estephen/facts/lefthand.html

It looks like a fun site and I hope it's current ... let us know what we "righties" need to know about you all!

BTW, according to this site August 13 was International Left-Handers' Day!

Okay I just checked the "comments page" and they're dated "1996"; however, let's give the guy a break because he does have a lot of other pages up with interesting articles (timeless?) on being a lefty! Why not give it a try?
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 29 September 2005, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          Oh, that reminds me of Anni's story! She thinks the same way you do, except she has some (shall we say VIVID) ideas about how it might have affected his - erm - stamina, in other ways too. Hee. Can't wait for that chapter to come out!

mini(the depraved)geek
                          Hmmm.....that may be where I got the idea in the first place! I'm a big fan of her stories. I could have picked up that notion there.

Comment

Gee....I'm left-handed too. Think left-handers have an inclination toward sci-fi?
                            Originally posted by Lys
                            [INDENT]I was left-handed but was told in my very first day of school that I had to hold the pencil with the right hand. Since this bad day, I've been writing in an atrocious manner with my right hand and draw and paint with the left one.
                            It seems that I'm your mirror geek spaz.
                            Bad teacher! That was so dumb! Luckily, I escaped that kind of "discrimination."

Comment

And yet another guest star who liked (inter)acting with Amanda. Dan Payne, the actor behind the Kull Warrior, was interviewed by Stargate Project.
                              Asked what his favorite episode was he appeared in, he picked Death Knell "because I got [to] smash down doors, walk through rivers, get blown up, get buried alive, AND CHASE AMANDA TAPPING all day! Doesn't get much better than that for a bad guy."
                              If you are interested, you can read the whole interview here: http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=329

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Aaarrrrgggghhhhh! Why did they move "My Controls" at the top of the page?

Of course, now it's on the left.....

Does anyone else have a strange looking "subscribed threads" table?

Comment

Working...
                                X